eVic O-ring replacement, Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
Hey guys, I haven't been able to use my eVic since spring. The O-ring that holds the firing contact-pin in place, became stretched and squished, and I was getting a "No Atomizer Found" message for any device. I saw in the eVic forum and a few different threads, that I can purchase a pack of #60 O-rings to replace the old crappy O-ring that came with it. (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=664, I would post there but the forum's closed)..

So last night I gave it a go.. Got the old O-ring out, no problem with a small pin. But I can't for the life of me, figure out how to get the new O-ring in there. I saw in the thread (linked above), that I should make a small cut in the new o-ring, to make it easier to squeeze around that firing pin. I tried this a few times to no avail - the pin gets pushed down and there's no room to squeeze the new ring around it or underneath it.

I saw a video (VAMO repair, same fix), where the girl lifted the firing pin all the way to the top of the threads where you screw on the tank, than she fit the new o ring on.. It doesn't seem like I can lift my contact up that high, without breaking the wire attached to it. I can only lift it up to where it is about even with the bottom of the threads..

I'm afraid to keep trying because I keep scraping the inside threads pretty hard, I don't want to mess it up.
...... Also, I noticed that these new #60 O-rings are a lot taller, than the old o-ring that I took out of the eVic. My old eVic O-ring looks different and shorter than the ones I've seen in pictures online, no grooves in it or anything. Is it possible that the old o-ring has split in half, and the bottom of it is still stuck underneath the eVic's firing pin?

I would be GREAT if I could get my $110 eVic working again, without buying a new control head for $80. Thanks!

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
It's been awhile since I did this to mine, so bear with me.

I remember using the 60 oring but I unsoldered the red wire on the bottom of the 510 pin first, fit the oring in place, then soldered the red wire back and just eased it back into position.

Also had another evic that I used a kanger protank insulator instead of the oring.

However, can you use a atomizer with an adjustable 510 to make sure it's not something else going haywire with the evic?

Btw: yes, the oring probably split because it actually looks more like the protank insulator. Here's a picture http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...c-fix-top-contact-no-atomizer-etc-evic_3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
I'm pretty sure the o-ring split like you said, if it is that tall..

I took my evic into my local b&m and they said they couldn't do o ringrepairs, only re-soldering for the evic.
..... so I was thinking maybe I can break the wire to remove the 510 connection, replace the o-ring fron underneath like you said, and take it back to my b&m??

I already have the correct o-rings, Danco #60 size, from Lowe's. And I've only soldered over inn my life and don't have the iron.
thanks we87 for the reply!
:)

Last edited:

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
I wouldn't break or cut the wire. It's not long enough to have any kind of room to work with really, it's kinda the perfect length. Ideally I would try to get them to unsolder it for you while your in the b&m. Putting on the oring over that 510 pin once its out should be a breeze.

If you do have to cut the wire, just try to cut it as close as possible to the 510 pin.

Just out of curiosity did they say what exactly they solder in their repairs? And how are they going to charge you for the 510 pin solder/unsolder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread