Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I can answer my own post! I saw on the Joyetech site that they have a 3400 mAh battery for the eVic. They are stating that it's Sanyo, but the markings on the picture is Panasonic!

Vape for Days non Stop!

Sanyo and Panasonic have a co-operative partnership in battery manufacturing.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I can answer my own post! I saw on the Joyetech site that they have a 3400 mAh battery for the eVic. They are stating that it's Sanyo, but the markings on the picture is Panasonic!

Vape for Days non Stop!

I've seen it posted that Sanyo has added Protection to the otherwise Unprotected NCR18650B 3400 mAh Panasonic, for Joyetech.

The Spec on the Joyetech web site says the Sanyo 18650B is 18.5mm x 65.3mm.
The Panasonic Spec says the original Battery is 18.3mm x 65.0mm.

Can Protection really be done in an additional 0.3mm length, and an additional 0.2mm diameter? :blink:

I'm not sure, but I think maybe it can be. :thumb:
Anyway, DO NOT use an Unprotected Battery :nah: in the eVic :evil:

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I've seen it posted that Sanyo has added Protection to the otherwise Unprotected NCR18650B 3400 mAh Panasonic, for Joyetech.

The Spec on the Joyetech web site says the Sanyo 18650B is 18.5mm x 65.3mm.
The Panasonic Spec says the original Battery is 18.3mm x 65.0mm.

Can Protection really be done in an additional 0.3mm length, and an added 0.2mm diameter? .:blink:

I'm not sure, but I think maybe it can be.

Not sure, I have seen the 3100mah panny NCR unprotected listed at 65.2 with a + or - of 1.0

So I think the panny 3400mah number is a rough number, at least where I saw it, I don't think the sanyo is protected. It's probably the same thing made by the same people and maybe sold by Sanyo. Who knows which company is actually manufactoring or contracting to have it manufactored.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Not sure, I have seen the 3100mah panny NCR unprotected listed at 65.2 with a + or - of 1.0

So I think the panny 3400mah number is a rough number, at least where I saw it, I don't think the sanyo is protected. It's probably the same thing made by the same people and maybe sold by Sanyo. Who knows which company is actually manufactoring or contracting to have it manufactored.

I have been in contact with Vendors, searching for the eVic in a Started Kit including the Joyetech Sanyo 18650B 3400 mAh Battery, and they have assured me that Joyetech actually said that this is a Protected Battery. Joyetech's comment was...

"Nobody would be foolish enough to put an unprotected batt in a mod." .I have this in writing from the back and forth conversations with that Distributor.

So for now, I'm going with that assurance. :D .I did a lot of research into Battery design about a month ago, and the Protection Circuit can be as small as .3mm to .5mm, according to my research. So... there ya go. I am not a Professional Battery Designer, and information you find on the Internet is not always 100% accurate, hence my I'm not sure disclaimer.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa

I guess the Thickness of the Protection Circuit depends on how much Protection is in it. I've seen some that appear to be 1mm to 2mm.

Hell, some Protected Batteries are 70mm long, but that probably includes a Button Top.
Anyway, DO NOT use an Unprotected Battery :nah: in the eVic :evil:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Oh, dear, I'm foolish. Sort of, I use an IMR in my mods. :)

Battery test-review 18650 comparator

I love that site. Under expected load, sometimes higher capacity batteries actually underperform lower capacity ones.

OK, OK, do not use an Unprotected Lithium Ion in the eVic. Is that better?!!! :toast:

However, to my knowledge, Joyetech has not authorized IMR and INR Batteries in their products, including the eVic, even though several Distributors will recommend them. .So, do what you will, but I'm not installing them in MY eVic, because I don't want to do anything to Void my Warranty. Let an Unprotected Li-Ion cause a problem and watch your Warranty blow up, if the eVic doesn't. Even if their Battery isn't actually Protected, it's their Battery, so they can't claim you used the wrong Battery. I'm not one to give room for doubt.

Besides, the Max mAh IMR is only 2250 mAh in the Panasonic Hybrid CGR18650CH (which will fit in the eVic), but the Joyetech Sanyo 18650B is 3400, and the Pink Samsung is 2600, so what's the point? Yes, IMR and INR are Safer, but if the eVic relies on a Protected Battery, then maybe the Control Head isn't strong enough to handle the 10A that an IMR can deliver. So there are arguments for either Battery type, but Joyetech designed the eVic around Protected Li-Ion.

Speaking of performance, someone from another forum is saying that the Joyetech Sanyo 18650B 3400 Battery (that Panasonic) has a higher mAh Rating, at the expense of Performance - whatever that means. I don't really care. I using what the Started Kit ships with.

You have my :2c:

OK, this has been fun. Gotta go. ...I'll look at your link later - Thanks BTW!!!

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Oddly they ship it with an unprotected ICR which is not generally something I would use.

I have been using panasonic cgr18650ch's just because that is what I have and use for any 18650 mod/apv

I think the theory with the unprotected ICR is the protections in the evic will take place of the battery protection, though I don't know the answer to this, my faith in the 5 cent PCB they protect batteries with is not very high. I use AW IMR's or the cgr18650ch in all my VV/VW mods that have protection built in. Same in the mech mods but I put a shortstop in.

I don't know the inherent safety of the NCR's from panasonic or sanyo

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Just curious here:

Samsung makes a 3000 mAh battery with a flat top that would fit the eVic. It sure would make the device last even longer between charges.

Anyone's thoughts on the 3000 mAh battery?

Regards,

Spanner,

See Joyetech eVic starter Kits, Vapor Intelligent Cigarette for information on the new Battery, and the 3 new colors.

I've been in contact with GotVapes. This is a 3400 mAh (not 3000), and it is Protected, according to Joyetech, via GotVapes.

GotVapes will be getting some after the Chinese Holiday, which ends on the 17th of this month. So probably about a week after that. I'm wrote back to ask if they'd also be getting the eVic Starter Kits with said 3400, in the 3 new colors (Black, Shiny Silver, and White), and am still waiting on an answer. But the good news is that this is a Protected Battery, and will be the official Battery that Joyetech uses in the eVic, not the generic Unprotected Panasonic NCR18650B you see every where, or the Unprotected Samsung that has been mentioned. Joyetech calls it a Sanyo 18650B. It's the Panasonic NCR18650B with Protection added. They call the Pink 2600 a Sanyo 18650, and it's a Samsung 2600 with Protection added.

I'll post back when I hear they have the 3400 in stock, and whether or not they have the 3 new colors.

:banana:

EDIT:

YES!!! .GotVapes will be getting the 3400 Batteries in Kits in all 3 colors, and the 3400 to be sold as a Spare. If they're getting all of this, they'll probably get the Battery Tubes and matching Terminal Covers (for lack of technical term), too, in all 3 colors.

Last edited:

Jaysin

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Clearwater, FL
Spanner,

See Joyetech eVic starter Kits, Vapor Intelligent Cigarette for information on the new Battery, and the 3 new colors.

I've been in contact with GotVapes. This is a 3400 mAh (not 3000), and it is Protected, according to Joyetech, via GotVapes.

GotVapes will be getting some after the Chinese Holiday, which ends on the 17th of this month. So probably about a week after that. I'm wrote back to ask if they'd also be getting the eVic Starter Kits with said 3400, in the 3 new colors (Black, Shiny Silver, and White), and am still waiting on an answer. But the good news is that this is a Protected Battery, and will be the official Battery that Joyetech uses in the eVic, not the generic Unprotected Panasonic NCR18650B you see every where, or the Unprotected Samsung that has been mentioned. Joyetech calls it a Sanyo 18650B. It's the Panasonic NCR18650B with Protection added. They call the Pink 2600 a Sanyo 18650, and it's a Samsung 2600 with Protection added.

I'll post back when I hear they have the 3400 in stock, and whether or not they have the 3 new colors.

:banana:

Sweet! I really want those new battery tubes!

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Would anyone know where the best place to buy 18350 tube for the Evic

Hello Knight,

Just Google evic 18350. Several places came up when I did that.

These probably are not official Joyetech products, but who cares if a Battery Tube isn't Official?

Joyetech eGo-T 18350 battery MOD tube - Joye eGo-T spare parts Heaven Gifts in China
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-mini-18350-evic-prototype-4.html#post8058554 ECF Link
Joyetech 18350 Battery Tube for eVic "Mini" says Genuine Authentic!!?

Didn't look to see if any were in the USA.

:)

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So any updates on the difference between then sanyo/panasonic ones ? Cause I see websites selling the panasonic ones
but not the sanyo ones? And can't really find the sanyo ones anywhere. Even heave-gifts has the panasonic ones, but not the sanyo ones

I am kinda looking to buy some 3400mah batteries and an xtar charger. The 2600 mah just lasts me a day in the weekend barely. During the week I need to recharge less, but I would like to have some spares anyway

xjonquilx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
FL
I'm only updating this thread because it came up in a search engine while I was trying to find some info on this subject. Let me note a few things:

* GotVapes states clearly on its website that its Evic 3400mah batteries are unprotected NCRs
* The Joyetech store doesn't say if the Sanyo 3400s they're selling are unprotected or not, but the big hint that they aren't can be found in this warning: "* Over-discharging:It should be noted that the cell would be an over-discharged state by its self-discharge characteristics in case the cell is not used for long time. Over-discharging may causes loss of cell performance, characteristics, or battery functions. In order to prevent over-discharging, the cell shall be charged periodically to maintain between 3.7v and 3.9v." Protected batteries have no over-discharging dangers because they automatically prevent themselves from being over-discharged.
* Every protected battery I've came across EVER was either significantly wider, or, in more expensive protected batteries that are designed to fit tubes that aren't made for protected batteries (like the Evic), they're significantly longer. There is no way (that I'm aware of) that you can fit protection within .2-.3 mm of space.
* The Evic tubing is NOT designed to take protected batteries. Only unprotected IMR or NCR will fit. If it was intended to take protected, it would have been built to accommodate such.
* NONE of the batteries pictured for the Evic (including on Joyetech's website) show ANY indication of being altered and/or fitted with any protection whatsoever.
* NO e-cig vendor I have found that is licensed by Joyetech sells protected batteries for the Evic.

There's more to it than that... like the fact most pass through devices have built in protection, and that with so many vendors selling unprotected batteries specifically for the Evic you would probably see a lot more posts about people having problems with those batteries... but I *think* that's enough right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread