Evic battery below 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

roffles18963

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
I haven't had problems with the pink battery, but I don't run watts higher than 8 (10 if it's a dual coil). I mean, I do notice voltage drop with 18350 batteries but that's understandable. Never had that problem with the pink or green 18650s, but if it still is an issue for you (if it really is) consider picking up an AW IMR 18650 or a grey Panasonic CGR18650CH (both high drain batteries, voltage drop isn't noticeable in a regulated mod and both are frankly really good batteries even if they are a tad bit overkill with the 10 amp limits, seeing as the eVic control head has a safety circuit). I use the CGR18650CH when I run dual coils anyways, or if I vape higher than 8.5 watts in general. Even on a micro coil cotton wick, I don't go over 8 watts even though I know I can ram it up to 11 and not get a burnt hit.

ProCision

Jan 8, 2013
Wisconsin
I can tell when i am below 80%, then again below 50% and once I hit 30% forget it. Its been like this right out of the box, I bought the green panasonic battery thinking it would change my life and no change.

I still use the evic but I can put my protank on my twist and get a better vape most of the time. The evic is nice but I wouldnt buy another one.

roffles18963

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
What ohm heads are you using? The voltage drop is going to be more noticeable with the higher ohm heads since you're naturally going to need more voltage. I've not once noticed a drop in vape quality using 1.8 to 2.4 ohm heads vaping comfortably at 6.5 watts on protanks and 7.6 on evods. Back when I used Novas, I couldn't even notice vape quality drops at 8 watts, nor at 10 watts on DCTs until about 20% at 10 watts (18350 is noticeable for me past 8 watts on 2.5 ohm heads/cartos between 8 and 10 watts, but under 8, I don't notice a thing). I've had my evic for about 6 months now and I've been vaping for almost a year and I noticed quality drops on spinners/twists/kGo VVs and of course the unregulated mini/eGo batts, which I haven't run into with the evic unless I'm pushing high voltage. Regardless of which 18650 battery I've used in my evic (or even Vamo for that matter) I don't notice the drops unless I'm trying to push more than 4.3 volts (unless I double stack 18350s in my Vamo, which doing so in your evic will completely destroy your control head). The only real thing I can suggest is drop down to 1.8 ohm heads and try to keep voltage below 4.2 or so. If the stock coils aren't cutting it for you, I'd suggest trying to build a 1.5 ohm or so micro coil and wick it with cotton for your Protanks, and if you're still having problems, well, not much we can do for you then. :p Could be defective batteries, could be a defective evic, or it could just be you.

ProCision

Jan 8, 2013
Wisconsin
What ohm heads are you using? The voltage drop is going to be more noticeable with the higher ohm heads since you're naturally going to need more voltage. I've not once noticed a drop in vape quality using 1.8 to 2.4 ohm heads vaping comfortably at 6.5 watts on protanks and 7.6 on evods. Back when I used Novas, I couldn't even notice vape quality drops at 8 watts, nor at 10 watts on DCTs until about 20% at 10 watts (18350 is noticeable for me past 8 watts on 2.5 ohm heads/cartos between 8 and 10 watts, but under 8, I don't notice a thing). I've had my evic for about 6 months now and I've been vaping for almost a year and I noticed quality drops on spinners/twists/kGo VVs and of course the unregulated mini/eGo batts, which I haven't run into with the evic unless I'm pushing high voltage. Regardless of which 18650 battery I've used in my evic (or even Vamo for that matter) I don't notice the drops unless I'm trying to push more than 4.3 volts (unless I double stack 18350s in my Vamo, which doing so in your evic will completely destroy your control head). The only real thing I can suggest is drop down to 1.8 ohm heads and try to keep voltage below 4.2 or so. If the stock coils aren't cutting it for you, I'd suggest trying to build a 1.5 ohm or so micro coil and wick it with cotton for your Protanks, and if you're still having problems, well, not much we can do for you then. :p Could be defective batteries, could be a defective evic, or it could just be you.

I've been wrapping my own coils for awhile now, I usually wrap a 1.7ohm coil on organic bakers twine. I can not compare the drop in quality of vape to that of a non twist/twist. That drop is like hitting a brick wall. My drop is more like amount of vapor production or the time it takes for the coil to heat. @ 100% battery it take .5 sec. to hear the atomizer heat the juice. Around 80% its taking .8 sec. for the atomizer to heat and produce. At 50% it take a solid second before it will heat. The worst I have seen it at 30% is 2.3 seconds before vapor production.

Right now I am at 63% and it is taking .9 seconds before I need to start my inhale.

This seems nit picky, I know. When I inhale I want vapor not air. If this was a twist @ 100% it would be instant fire. I have not tried, held or even seen in person a mechanical mod. I will be picking up a Chi-You clone from FT to have as my first mechanical mod. I also have on the way to my house a Steam Turbine clone. Things will start to get fun then. For now this will do.

Thanks

DHCrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hawaii
I typically use 3ohm cartos at 8.5w (which is about as high as the evic will go) and do not notice any drop. In fact a couple of times I've vaped till the unit shutoff due to a dead battery and I didn't even notice until I got no vapor and looks at the screen to see it was done. I'm using the 3400 green battery. One thing I do notice is the parasitic drain. I can charge it upto 100% and leave it over the weekend unused (work setup) and come back on Monday and it'll be down to 80something% without even being used.

There is a slight lag from when you hit the button to when it starts I just tried it and it's 0.4s till I can hear the carto crackle, but this time seems to be consistent regardless of the battery percentage( right now i'm at 29%). I've seen a review where it said that the evic is checking ohm and calculating voltage for that split second before it fires.

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
There is a slight lag from when you hit the button to when it starts I just tried it and it's 0.4s till I can hear the carto crackle, but this time seems to be consistent regardless of the battery percentage( right now i'm at 29%). I've seen a review where it said that the evic is checking ohm and calculating voltage for that split second before it fires.

I think it's also to avoid firing the atomizer needlessly when you're doing the five clicks to get to the menu. My VAMO fires instantly and it's always kind of frustrated me how it pulses the atomizer when I turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread