Eroll vs Emini Duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an original eRoll user for 3+ years. Tried the eRoll C and hated the metallic tips that left a metallic taste in my mouth. Other than that, I saw no benefit to the C version.
I purchased the Ovale eMini Duo despite not being able to find any user reviews of the product.
I actually left a glowing review of Ovale eMini Duo during the first week of its use which was brilliant, when it worked. As soon as it was time to replace the atomiser, things went downhill. That was 3 or 4 months ago.

I can now confirm it's overpriced rubbish.

1) Its expensive! (See point 6 also)
2) No matter how many times I change the atomiser and the cartridge, it bubbles and leaks liquid into my mouth within the first 30 minutes of use.
There are connectivity issues, if things are too tight, you get no burn at all, so you are constantly screwing and unscrewing the many elements and many of those components have rubber washes (Unlike the eRoll)
3) It leaks liquid into the battery and the metal ring that connects the battery to the cartridge.
4) Its not automatic, and I dont like having to hold a button down on the draw, I like the natural feeling of an auto mini cig as its more realistic to the real thing.
5) The company are expensive and rude. I fail to see why they need to charge so much for their products compared to a company like joyetech
6) On that note, I purchased the eMini Duo based on the photos and name (Duo) and assumed like its predecessor that the kit would come with 2 devices and parts to match. It came with one e cig and no spare parts. The PCC is designed to charge 2 devices at the same time so why only send it out with one? Plus as I say the marketing images lead you to believe you would be getting two e cigs. It certainly costs enough to expect that.

Bottom line is I wasted £180 on the device and spare parts and it has been thrown in a drawer and I have gone back to my eRoll buying up spare parts where I can find them or buying Ovales version of the eRoll which is called "eMini"

Further more, in my quest to find cheaper atomisers for the eMini Duo, I discovered Eleaf iKiss pen as it uses the exact same atomisers. It looks exactly the same too only much cheaper and so I ordered one and I can confirm these e cigs are identical in design, atomiser types and they're both as bad as each other in terms of leaking and bubbling.
But at least the iKiss is cheaper so you don't feel as if you have been totally ripped off.

Eleaf iKiss Kit Vape Pen Blister Kit - 6 Colours

Save your money and buy something thats been around for a year or two and that has plenty of independent reviews

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I have just moved on. I will give the e mini duo a try if it is ever released in the USA, but I did try the eleaf ikiss, or the Titan bc..same thing sold by totally wicked. Very nice device, holds more liquid and you can still buy the kiss box (PCC). It worka with the Titan bc. It is bigger than the eroll..but vapes nice. I pretty much use the njoy Dailys now..but for enroll users looking for a replacement, the Titan bc with a kiss box PCC is the way I would go for now.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
But the post here was just from a vendor discontinuing. I will wait and see. The eroll has a small but loyal following here. There just aren't many options for a mini with an auto batt and I won't buy BT's devices. 808's are too big/heavy, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that we both get what we want.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm not sure where the rumor came from that the eroll is being discontinued.
The eroll-c was a fail and I haven't heard one good thing about it.
The threaded connections that you want are going to make the device heavier than I would want.
So I'm sticking with my eroll mega for as long as I can get parts or my stock lasts.

I thought the eroll C parts "fit together" nicer. I still use the older tanks with mine. I also like that the eroll C case is a bit "lighter". They are metal, don't scratch easily like the plastic ones did, etc.

I think the only "fail" was the metal tipped tanks. So I just got a bunch of the old tanks, which fit fine, for the ERoll C.

the reason I bought the eroll C is because the battery inside would be a whole lot "newer" than the older ones, which many reported were starting to swell and bulge (and that's what happens when you have a fixed lipo battery pac and it sits around for a long time, heat, cold, age, etc. )

They aren't made to last forever. ;)

ccm2000

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
California
I'm confused by the eMini Duo. The PCC charges two eMinis at the same time but the kit comes with just one e-cig. Opposite of the eRoll/eMini PCC that charges one but comes with two. Its pretty pricey too at 100 euro. From the pics the eMini looks identical to the TECC Titan BC that sells for about $20US at TW. The Titan is a bit longer and has no PCC. The draw is more airy than the eRoll but it probably works better with a high VG juice. I think I'm staying with the eRoll but am interested to hear opinions about the Duo if anyone has used one.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I guess we just gotta wait for the next generation of battery technology ... :(

The Elips has been a good compromise in the meantime, but the PCC is too bulky to carry in a pants pocket. Its fine in cooler weather in a jacket pocket, but its awkward in the summer ...

Just a feeling, but I'm looking to Ovale to come out with something between the eRoll and the Elips, at least a 1ml tank and 360 mAh battery, in a small cylindrical package, with a shirt pocket PCC ... :thumbs:

I'm not asking for much, am I ? :laugh:

samha

Jun 12, 2016
Canada
cigalikefreak.com
Folks, I'd strongly advise against getting an X-TC-2 at this point. While a moderator removed the link to my review, I updated it with this:

Another update: Both batteries are dead, after less than two weeks of light daily use. One of the batteries got stuck in the "on" state, firing continuously while getting extremely hot. This is seriously dangerous! One of the clearomizers also completely fell apart. What a shame...

Update: I had to adjust the score, because I cannot keep this from leaking. Seems like e-liquid gets out of the air intake hole for some reason. One of the tanks does this more than the other, and while I can't seem to figure out why, it certainly is annoying!

Constant leakage will cause batteries to fail, but this is pretty much the worst possible scenario.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
If anyone finds a way to buy this and the parts in the USA, please let us know! Saw this a few months ago, was hoping it would be available in the USA by now. I emailed ovale USA, they said they would not be carrying it until the eroll c stock has been depleted.

To save on shipping would you want to go in on an order together?

Reactions: AstroTurf

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I like the twist off cone on the eroll, when my batt sticks on and I can get the head off without cooking it. The eroll might just not be for you John. Is there anything you do like about it?

Only the size and the auto function. The eroll isn't for me, I got rid of my eroll and have been waiting for something better. I got rid of my eroll and have been waiting for something better.

I am hoping the emini duo is for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread