eRoll not charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeeeeer

Jul 8, 2017
Hello.

As this is my first post here, I have to say hello everybody and I have to tell you that I'm a man, 24 years old who drinks beer and likes vaping a lot.

However, I have a problem w/ my eRoll. There are several issues found by my research:

1. When I plug a charger into an empty PCC (w/out the eRoll in it), it says Green after a while (so I assume it is fully charged).

2. BUT when I unplug the charger and put my eRoll in the PCC, nothing happens. Just nothing. No blue light. It's strange. If the PCC is fully charged it should charge my eRoll.

3. Only if I plug the charger into my PCC (green light turns on) and put my eRoll into the case, the green goes red and the eRoll goes blue.

4. However, it takes ages to charge the eRoll - it was there for more than 16 hours (a 90 mAh battery!) and the blue light did not go dark. And it's probably not fully charged, because:

5. In addition, when I take out the eRoll and vape, the light flashes after 20 inhales. It means it's drained again so soon.

6. I used a borrowed PCC and it does the same (empty PCC == fully charged w/ a green light; with the eRoll in it == charging for ages)

7. I think it's not the PCC issue, as I tested another PCC and it does the same. Is it the battery? But if it was the battery, how is it possible, that it charges a bit and lets me do 20 inhales?

Do you know what to do about this problem? And what is the cause? And what do you think? And what should I do? Thank you in advance for your answers.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
welcome @Beeeeeer
As tempting as it is to call the e-roll barely a vaping device, they were loved and a classic legacy product of much importance.
Joyetech have had their ups and downs it's fair to say. It doesn't make sense to attempt to usefully run this system anymore; parts are scarce and poor value. The experience is now out of the race and lying injured on the side of the track.
Time for a modern product, I feel.
If you require a small and cigarette-like device they are also being replaced by slim/small devices unless you enjoy giving your money away to tobacco companies or greedy vaping co's who think a cig-a-like cartomizer system is still worth the 2012 prices.
I detest them all, it's not that all are bad vapes, but there is no good value in sight and the companies behind them (tobacco or not) are fleecing users for colossal amounts of money on dinosaur hardware.
Get a nice little Joyetech or Eleaf refillable system and join the crusade against rip-off plastic sticks.
Let's consign Greensmoke, Vuse, Mark10, Whitecloud, V2, Halo G6, and E-lites (UK) to the history books.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello.

As this is my first post here, I have to say hello everybody and I have to tell you that I'm a man, 24 years old who drinks beer and likes vaping a lot.
However, I have a problem w/ my eRoll. There are several issues found by my research:
1. When I plug a charger into an empty PCC (w/out the eRoll in it), it says Green after a while (so I assume it is fully charged).
2. BUT when I unplug the charger and put my eRoll in the PCC, nothing happens. Just nothing. No blue light. It's strange. If the PCC is fully charged it should charge my eRoll.
3. Only if I plug the charger into my PCC (green light turns on) and put my eRoll into the case, the green goes red and the eRoll goes blue.
4. However, it takes ages to charge the eRoll - it was there for more than 16 hours (a 90 mAh battery!) and the blue light did not go dark. And it's probably not fully charged, because:
5. In addition, when I take out the eRoll and vape, the light flashes after 20 inhales. It means it's drained again so soon.
6. I used a borrowed PCC and it does the same (empty PCC == fully charged w/ a green light; with the eRoll in it == charging for ages)
7. I think it's not the PCC issue, as I tested another PCC and it does the same. Is it the battery? But if it was the battery, how is it possible, that it charges a bit and lets me do 20 inhales?
Do you know what to do about this problem? And what is the cause? And what do you think? And what should I do? Thank you in advance for your answers.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could have multiple solutions. If you like the gear,could contact:
Nearest distributors
Joyetech.us , the USA distribution and direct sales: phone listing: 855-569-3168. Email: service@joyetech.us

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
welcome @Beeeeeer
As tempting as it is to call the e-roll barely a vaping device, they were loved and a classic legacy product of much importance.
Joyetech have had their ups and downs it's fair to say. It doesn't make sense to attempt to usefully run this system anymore; parts are scarce and poor value. The experience is now out of the race and lying injured on the side of the track.
Time for a modern product, I feel.
If you require a small and cigarette-like device they are also being replaced by slim/small devices unless you enjoy giving your money away to tobacco companies or greedy vaping co's who think a cig-a-like cartomizer system is still worth the 2012 prices.
I detest them all, it's not that all are bad vapes, but there is no good value in sight and the companies behind them (tobacco or not) are fleecing users for colossal amounts of money on dinosaur hardware.
Get a nice little Joyetech or Eleaf refillable system and join the crusade against rip-off plastic sticks.
Let's consign Greensmoke, Vuse, Mark10, Whitecloud, V2, Halo G6, and E-lites (UK) to the history books.

I think it's about form factor, and I understand that. Hell; I still enjoy holding a cig in my hand and fiddling with it. I still enjoy using a lighter. One of my devices is the Vaporesso Aurora and it feels just like a Zippo. That's part of the appeal. I get what you're saying though. The tech just keeps going forward in leaps and bounds. Maybe there is something else out there for him.

• Agree

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Hello.

Hmmm. You might want to think about getting a Zippo-looking replacement. I have that Vaporesso Aurora and I saw it on sale for $18 over the holiday. You can get a plain one for about $25 and a fancier looking one for $28 even if the sales are over. It feels and looks just like a Zippo lighter. It has a 1.2 ml tank, a 1.4 Ohm ceramic coil, and a 650 mAh built in battery. You charge it via a USB port and there is a tiny viewing slot so you can check your liquid level. It's pretty rugged. The flavor is great. I have been using a 66%PG/33%VG @ 18 nic juice in it. I carry it in my pocket as a stealth vape. The only time I stopped carrying it was when I had to do some intense physical labor in an aquatic environment and I didn't want to get the thing wet. It lasts about as long as half a pack of cigarettes on a charge for me.

Beeeeeer

Jul 8, 2017
Thank you for your answers. I think it's not a PCC issue as I tried a borrowed PCC and it does the same as mine. Yes, it is the look and design that I like about this eRoll. I want to use a realistic looking vaping device. I'll maybe try to use another battery. And then I'll probably buy some modern device such as Eleaf iCare 110, Joy eCab or Aramax Vaping pen........

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
TAnd then I'll probably buy some modern device such as Eleaf iCare 110, Joy eCab or Aramax Vaping pen........

There you go! That is a plan.

Then again... beware. Aramax (UK) would be regular 'eGo' class e-cig with a nasty GS-H clone clearo.
Also, eCab was an enormous flop, best avoided. It was so bad it nearly caused one vape shop to go bankrupt dealing with all the customer issues.

(I can imagine you are loving my posts :eek: )

There is a lot of outdated junk out there, it's up to you if you want to follow advice.

(This from the man who spent $800 on total garbage).. :cry:

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Thank you for your answers. I think it's not a PCC issue as I tried a borrowed PCC and it does the same as mine. Yes, it is the look and design that I like about this eRoll. I want to use a realistic looking vaping device. I'll maybe try to use another battery. And then I'll probably buy some modern device such as Eleaf iCare 110, Joy eCab or Aramax Vaping pen........

I get that. It's important to have something that gives you the same 'feeling' as smoking. You know, the best I have ever used in that regard is the Innokin iTaste VV. It feels like you are using an old movie star cigarette holder. It doesn't look as nice as your eRoll. It's a little clunky looking and has almost a late 80's or early 90'style to it. But the thing works like a champ. The latest I've seen is the version 4. You will need a tank, cartomizer, or clearomizer with it. The Mini Nautilus tanks pairs up with it very well if you get the 4.0 but I used the old Innokin iClear 16 clearomizers with it on my 3.0 version. I would think that a cartomizer would work on the 3.0 as well.

orior

Aug 2, 2016
There you go! That is a plan.

Then again... beware. Aramax (UK) would be regular 'eGo' class e-cig with a nasty GS-H clone clearo.
Also, eCab was an enormous flop, best avoided. It was so bad it nearly caused one vape shop to go bankrupt dealing with all the customer issues.

Well, imagine this - The Ecab is my main device for the last 4 years+. There is nothing wrong with it and it works great. And it definitely looks better than all these big screwdriver boxes and vibrators.
Eroll is my second device for out and about, but thanks to Joyetech that discontinued it, I have to be real cheap with its usage cause I am left with only few last batteries for it.
Damn joyetech and users who disrecommended Ecab and Eroll to new users, and made this fine product discontinued.
Enjoy the gazillion big ugly boxes the market offers you.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
As others have posted, you may just need a new battery. However, it will not hurt to try cleaning the contacts. Dip one end of a qtip into some rubbing alcohol. "Wring" as much alcohol as you can out of the qtip. Clean the contact on the battery AND on the PCC. Use the dry end of the qtip to remove any residual moisture. When my daughter and I were using cigalikes and Evods, I cleaned the contacts on my batteries and charger every week, just to make sure there was no eliquid that had leaked onto the contacts that would interfere with proper performance - Evods have refillable tanks, and the cigalikes that we used had refillable cartomizers. When my daughter had issues, I cleaned everything for her, and that tended to take care of the issues, at least temporarily.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think a new setup is advisable. There are plenty of good, low cost starter kits on the market. I am partial to the Nautlius 2 for MTL vaping, and aspire makes a good low cost battery that isn't a pen style but it is light, the zelos mod, for your purposes I think the 50 watt model would be enough for your needs, though as others have pointed out there are great setups, too. It certainly might be worth cleaning your battery contacts, but it's often good to have a backup especially in the case of older equipment.

Good luck, welcome to ECF. :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread