Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I use the low resistance attys, I was buying them for the Ovale Elips, and liked the stronger throat hit ...

I do think the LRs tend to dry hit more often, which is a nuisance, but I always carry a couple of spares. Also, re-wicking with stainless steel, with a channel in the center, minimizes the burning ...

I've noticed that the coils do not glow as hot after each dry burn, when servicing the atty. When its open, you can see the coil light up. So starting with low resistance may be prolonging their life. They won't last forever, but they're remarkably durable ... :D

vikassi

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Chi Town
I use the low resistance attys, I was buying them for the Ovale Elips, and liked the stronger throat hit ...

I do think the LRs tend to dry hit more often, which is a nuisance, but I always carry a couple of spares. Also, re-wicking with stainless steel, with a channel in the center, minimizes the burning ...

I've noticed that the coils do not glow as hot after each dry burn, when servicing the atty. When its open, you can see the coil light up. So starting with low resistance may be prolonging their life. They won't last forever, but they're remarkably durable ... :D

I like the strong throat hit as well - but I bumped up to 24mg juice just for the eroll. I'm assuming the lower resistance attys burn through the juice a bit faster?

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I like the strong throat hit as well - but I bumped up to 24mg juice just for the eroll. I'm assuming the lower resistance attys burn through the juice a bit faster?

I think they do, and they're more likely to dry burn unless the wick is just perfect. Using a stainless steel wick with a channel created by wrapping around a sewing pin is the best option I've found so far, but chain vaping will still outrun the wicking sometimes ...

I'm using 24mg Arctic Wolf from VaporGod in my Erolls, triple strength menthol, throat hit like Bruce Lee ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread