EPuffer Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA
This post should probably be under reviews but this is the only area I can post in on this forum.

We all seem to have that dreaded first e-cig story. Here's mine. I purchased my first e-cig, an EAZE micro from ePuffer Jan 26 2009. It worked for about 45 min then died. :(

According to the manual, there were 4 things that could have been wrong. I couldn't do any further troubleshooting without purchasing $50.00 worth of parts; and I wasn't going to do that with a brand new product.

So, I contacted ePuffer several times - no response. (I should have taken the hint when I contacted them prior to purchasing and also never got a response.) I started to wonder if they are purposely trying to run down my 30-day warranty. I try yet again and notice that they now have a ticket system implemented on their web site. It works and I finally get an RMA number.

I returned a battery, an atomizer, and a charger w/cord to EPuffer with a letter itemizing everything and explaining the situation. They return ship a battery and charger - no atomizer, no cord, and no letter of any kind offering an apology or explanation.

Today is March 3rd. I still don't have a working product and now I'm missing parts too. Another ticket has been opened (they don't respond to further comments on a first ticket) and of course I haven't gotten a response on the 2nd ticket yet either.

I'm sorry to say that this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced on the internet. They simply won't communicate. I should also mention that they didn't ship my orig order for 7 days so if time is a factor.... Surprisingly, for the brief time the EAZE micro did work, I liked it!

I submitted my testimonial on their web site with a poor rating. They were not objective and honest enough to post it.

Oversights on my part - Atomizer costs are very high. You'll have to find another source.
Refund/Return policy: you will not be refunded s/h costs, will incur costs to return ship, and likely be hit with a 20% re-stocking fee. ie, the customer will always be out $ and have no product if they get a lemon and decide to return it.

EPuffer also got an unfavorable review in America's Electronic Cigarette Forum due to extremely poor customer service. I'll try to follow up with a bottom line on this ordeal when its over.

teardrop88

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
USA
This post should probably be under reviews but this is the only area I can post in on this forum.

We all seem to have that dreaded first e-cig story. Here's mine. I purchased my first e-cig, an EAZE micro from ePuffer Jan 26 2009. It worked for about 45 min then died. :(

According to the manual, there were 4 things that could have been wrong. I couldn't do any further troubleshooting without purchasing $50.00 worth of parts; and I wasn't going to do that with a brand new product.

So, I contacted ePuffer several times - no response. (I should have taken the hint when I contacted them prior to purchasing and also never got a response.) I started to wonder if they are purposely trying to run down my 30-day warranty. I try yet again and notice that they now have a ticket system implemented on their web site. It works and I finally get an RMA number.

I returned a battery, an atomizer, and a charger w/cord to EPuffer with a letter itemizing everything and explaining the situation. They return ship a battery and charger - no atomizer, no cord, and no letter of any kind offering an apology or explanation.

Today is March 3rd. I still don't have a working product and now I'm missing parts too. Another ticket has been opened (they don't respond to further comments on a first ticket) and of course I haven't gotten a response on the 2nd ticket yet either.

I'm sorry to say that this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced on the internet. They simply won't communicate. I should also mention that they didn't ship my orig order for 7 days so if time is a factor.... Surprisingly, for the brief time the EAZE micro did work, I liked it!

I submitted my testimonial on their web site with a poor rating. They were not objective and honest enough to post it.

Oversights on my part - Atomizer costs are very high. You'll have to find another source.
Refund/Return policy: you will not be refunded s/h costs, will incur costs to return ship, and likely be hit with a 20% re-stocking fee. ie, the customer will always be out $ and have no product if they get a lemon and decide to return it.

EPuffer also got an unfavorable review in America's Electronic Cigarette Forum due to extremely poor customer service. I'll try to follow up with a bottom line on this ordeal when its over.

If EPuffer won't resolve your issues, be sure to contact your credit card company and have them sort it out. At the very least, you should be able to get your money back, then make your purchase from a more reputable seller.

fishhawk

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Denver, Colorado
About to put this to the test. Ordered EAZE Magnum 2/2, received 2/17 sans USB charger. Not happy with the product, so I cancelled my smoke51 order (ordered 2/17) for carts that never seem to be in stock. I'm also going to return the EAZE Magnum. According to their website and big reason why I try it despite being so expensive is they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Considering I never actually received everything I paid for, they better take the kit back ;)

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
You may have to threaten them in the end. I did. Ef*cker sucks rocks.

About to put this to the test. Ordered EAZE Magnum 2/2, received 2/17 sans USB charger. Not happy with the product, so I cancelled my smoke51 order (ordered 2/17) for carts that never seem to be in stock. I'm also going to return the EAZE Magnum. According to their website and big reason why I try it despite being so expensive is they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Considering I never actually received everything I paid for, they better take the kit back ;)

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have only dealt with Puresmoker,Totally Wicked, and Janty so far. Not a single complaint and excellent service from all of them. I'm glad the forums were here to guide me before I made my purchase. The first e-cig I was looking at was Njoy. Luckily I found this forum and did some research and went with other choices. Don't give up because of one bad experience though. There's plenty of good suppliers out there.

sonnyinbc

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2009
Vancouver Island,B.C. Canada
Wow!! Not only do I live on an island but I seem to be an island as far as customer service goes-vis-a-vis epuffer?

Yes, problems with the batteries, but at least they always send replacements quickly- and they have said they are working with the manufacturer to remedy the problem.

Back in mid jan, I did deal with some guy at that place and now am dealing with Lisa Green, and she is much more efficient in getting back to you.

Just a hint;) might want to include this lady`s name in any correspondence,. This girl seems to be a real "trooper" as far as customer service goes.

A company is only as good as the people they employ-eh?

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA
It's baffling that I could get into such a mess after all the research I did. Perhaps I was so centered on an e-cig review that I neglected to research customer service. I am very close to issuing a stop payment but have been bending over backwards trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Why? I dunno. They've neither done anything right nor extended me any professional courtesy from the get-go.

Just so you know, I've been happily vaping on a platinum pilot hybrid from puresmoker :D. The transaction was smooth as silk and the performance of the personal vaporizer problem free. I recommend both the company and the product for those that want a near analog sized e-cig. I am going through the juice and re-charging batteries like crazy, but that's my penance for being a very heavy smoker. I'm looking forward to the manufacture of a USB passthrough for this model.

There is a rant from me on another thread about e-puffer:mad:
My saga with them has been going on now for just over a month. Started (like you) by ordering the micro. It just plain did not work. After several attempts to get an answer they told me I bought the wrong product !!! That I should have bought the Magnum.
Well in for a dime in for a dollar. I looked at Leaford's review of in on the forum and decided to go ahead.
Bought the kit plus 10 cartridges. Their site states 2 to 5 day delivery to me. In both cases the shipment did not even happen till 5 days after the order, and delivery ended up being 9 and 11 days.
Two days after I got the Magnum, one of the two batteries quit... so I send yet another note. Asking for a replacement battery and also why the credit for my returned product had not been processed.
Well, the credit to paypal showed up today, but nothing on the battery issue. Also I find you have to drag so hard on the magnum to get a result you think your forehead is going to cave in.
Right now I am trying to figure out if the cartridges from e-cig E9 will work with the Magnum so I can get a second source.

fishhawk

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Finally got a reply from epuffer. The 30 days ticks from when you order! Let's see here. Ordered on 2/2, shipped 2/5, received 2/17. Wow, talk about not leaving much room to back your product.

This is their reply:
Hello Dan,

Normally the trial period starts from the day when you placed an order, but we will extend your trial for another 2 weeks.

You can use this letter as confirmation.

Best Regards,

ePuffer.com | Customer Service

You can bet this thing is going back in the box and back to epuffer faster than you can say "stay away from epuffer"

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA
Finally got a reply from epuffer. The 30 days ticks from when you order! Let's see here. Ordered on 2/2, shipped 2/5, received 2/17. Wow, talk about not leaving much room to back your product.

This is their reply:
Hello Dan,

Normally the trial period starts from the day when you placed an order, but we will extend your trial for another 2 weeks.

You can use this letter as confirmation.

Best Regards,

ePuffer.com | Customer Service

You can bet this thing is going back in the box and back to epuffer faster than you can say "stay away from epuffer"

Okay now that really upsets me. Their web site specifically says 30 days from receipt under the 30 day warranty blurb. I took that to mean when a customer receives the product. AND I got an incredibly inane reply too from my 2nd ticket. (More on that later when I post my final line.) Best of luck with your refund fishhawk. Let us know how that goes.

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA
has anyone tried any of the ejuice from them? I ordered 2 of the 20ml bottles ( hope it wasnt a mistake) but i have yet to try them because they took forever to send the items and still waiting for arrival.

I've only tried the tobacco e-liquid that came with my e-cig. It didn't do anything for me. ie, its still sitting here near full whereas 10ml puresmoker e-liquid was half gone in less than a week. I couldn't re-order more fast enough.

Deficit

Moved On
Mar 2, 2009
Vienna, Ohio
I JUST posted my review of the ePuffer Magnum in this New Members forum about an hour ago. I also bought this product based on a video review. Terrible product. I placed my order February 14th and didn't receive it until 2 weeks later to the day (Feb 28th). They waited about 10 days before even shipping the kit, and I was told it would arrive 4 - 10 business days after I placed the order, not that they'd wait about 10 days to even ship it. The smaller battery performed flaky from the very first drag I took on it, and died 5 or 6 days after I received it (Thursday), and the larger battery started having major issues yesterday (components rattling around inside now for some reason, had to suck and blow very hard on both ends of the battery to get the switch working again), and probably 80% or so of the carts (I got 12 altogether with the 2 that comes with it, the bonus 5-pack and the additional 5-pack I ordered), and most would start tasting and smelling burnt after 50 or so puffs.

I want my money back and I'm never buying from ePuffer again. Puresmoker seems like a better option from what I've been reading here. Someone called them eF*cker -- ain't that the truth!! I feel like I was robbed of $150 and the ability to enjoy my first e-smoking experience!

Elle

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Orange County, CA
jeez, these characters really need to get it together!! from my memory, when i first googled "electronic cigarette" , they were on the first page. the ease of finding their website coupled with the site's professional and user friends layout makes them attractive to newcomers i think.

too bad their service and products aren't what they should be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread