ePower - possible Charger/Battery problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
Just got my epower yesterday, used it till button started flashing, put the battery into the changer. Removed from plug last nite - after 1 1/2 hours still red charging. Pluged back in this morning to finish charging it - after about an hour the charger led started flashing real fast, did not change to green. After 15 min of watching it flash, I took the battery out and put it into the ecig, seems to work ok 4.12 volt reading. Put my second battery in the charger, now waiting for it to turn green or to start flashing.
Does it sound like the battery or the charger could be bad? I'm thinking maybe something in the charger maybe bad.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
Well I guess my charger and batteries are working ok, just takes over 10minutes to complete the flashy cycle. Now my problem - I put a used battery on the charger and start using the epower, the epower I'm using will putter out before the second one finishes charging.
Without my ego's I would be without vapes for over a half an hour - I need a faster charger or a higher mah battery.
Just for info all my ce2 xl's and atty's fit just fine.

ericdjobs

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2011
Northern CA
Well I guess my charger and batteries are working ok, just takes over 10minutes to complete the flashy cycle. Now my problem - I put a used battery on the charger and start using the epower, the epower I'm using will putter out before the second one finishes charging.
Without my ego's I would be without vapes for over a half an hour - I need a faster charger or a higher mah battery.
Just for info all my ce2 xl's and atty's fit just fine.

Something sounds wrong... I have an e-power and I vape pretty heavily.. I haven't yet been able to actually kill a battery (flashing LED).. I bought 1 extra (the trustfire 14650) and i keep 2 fully charged batts on me all the time.. and I switch out about the middle of the 2nd day.. and I do that just to regain the higher-voltage vape (someone tried to tell me the e-power is regulated... and I also saw a thread where smok tech engineering said it was... but personal experience and my multimeter says this is not the case. It delivers the exact voltage the battery is reading when I push the button.. according to my multimeter.. and i prefer it at 3.9-4.2v)

How much are you vaping? Is you atty super low resistance? I find it odd you'd have this problem with BOTH of your batteries, as it would seem to be a problem in the battery. I would try the 14650 madvapes sells, it seems to perform better for me all around when I'm using it.

stevejo

Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Thats how it works. Takes a while on red then will flash and eventually turn green. both of my chargers do the same thing

Sooo glad I found this!

Was just sitting here at my PC, minding my business playing WoT, and my charger went nuts... stopped what I was doing, pulled battery off charger, and became very afraid....

Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread