em-riva weird dead batteries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one of my batteries just died! That makes FIVE dead batteries.
I made my order in August, it is now November.
- 5 riva batteries have died - some within first use
- 4 LR attys have gone bust

This is ridiculous. In order to make a return - I need to make a new order and spend another $200!?!?!? How can anyone expect me to make another $200 order within 3 months of my initial order.

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Another one of my batteries just died! That makes FIVE dead batteries.
I made my order in August, it is now November.
- 5 riva batteries have died - some within first use
- 4 LR attys have gone bust

This is ridiculous. In order to make a return - I need to make a new order and spend another $200!?!?!? How can anyone expect me to make another $200 order within 3 months of my initial order.

I think it's been determined already that the defective LR atties were quite possibly responsible for killing the Riva batteries. This is one of the reasons why the entire stock of LR 510 atties were pulled from the store until further notice. You may also have a short in your charger or something. Also, we have a USA return center if you don't want to place another $200 order, but you will need to talk to Selina to get authorization on that.

I would recommend that you do not try to use any more LR 510 atties with your Rivas until the newly redesigned ones are completed, and if you ask for a new charger, not to continue use of the old one (just in case).

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
LR Atty's over stress the Mosfit type small batteries in the Riva/Ego units and always will, people need to learn this along with the fact that these are only a small battery so using them and drawing almost 2 Amps with an LR Atty the Batteries life will always be shortened no matter what as long as they are over stressed.!!! If you putt a big D Battery in a flashlight and keep turning it on and off how long do those Batteries last, NOT TO LONG its only a Battery. Until all these style Batteries are made with a quality IMR Battery made to handle the higher 2 AMP draw of a LR Atty it will never change. Mosfit Batteries need to be replaced often they just don't last forever like some think they will. I just don't understand why a very good quality AW IMR Battery or even the newer Redilast batteries in an IMR or any good quality IMR Battery isnt used for these type of E-Cigs and sold for specific LR Atty use, The manufacturer knows this as well as people will have to buy more Batteries with this set up of an LR Atty yet they keep suggesting a minimum of 400+ mAh when they should be telling everyone 400+ mah IMR.

Everyone is selling these and they know for a fact that the LR Atty is over stressing this Mosfit battery style e-cig. Any E-cig in my opinion that has an LR Atty on the end of it should be made from an IMR Battery, not only from the standpoint of it's the correct battery to handle the higher Amp draw but for safety as well. The first manufacturer to make this type of Riva Batt with this quality AW IMR style Battery inside the Tube will come out a head of the game in my opinion, will it cost a bit more, yes, will it be safer, yes, will it last longer, yes, Everyone needs to understand Mosfit Batts are not made for LR & the higher 2 Amp draw and if used like this you need to just figure on replacing your batteries more often

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Ok, Here is my take on this --------

this is a direct quote from the warranty and returns policy -----

Where a claim of defect or damage is made, the Goods shall be returned by the Buyer to the Seller for a replacement after receiving prior confirmation by the Seller via e-mail. If an item is found defective and it is still within the manufacturers warranty,
Goods must be returned by the Buyer at the Buyer’s expense and should be adequately insured during the return journey.
Upon delivery of the returned Goods to the Seller, the Buyer will receive a refund of all monies paid for the Goods; or replacement goods will be arranged, depending on the discretion of the Buyer and agreement of the Seller.

However shipping charges are non-refundable.

now this means to me --------------------
if your products are still under warranty ------

Firstly- you must contact Customer Support and report that you have an issue --
get confirmation that your goods are still under warranty ----
you have to provide adequate proof of this -
your order number for purchase of the goods will suffice, -
this will be checked ------

next, ----

Customer Service should instruct you to return the goods, and give you address etc, ----

after you have returned the goods, and they are checked, --
then you should be approved for either refund, or replacement -
whichever the seller agrees to with you.

However any and all shipping charges are - NOT - refundable.

that is my interpretation of this policy -------

I will talk to david on this and see if he agrees with my interpretation --

Please remember that LR attys have a very short warranty --
they are not a long lasting item and so are warranted accordingly,
most sellers do not warranty them at all.

Also as was said, by using LR and HV attys, you are stressing the battery,
and you must expect a shorter battery life,

Last edited:
Ok, the LR atty stresses the battery and shortens the battery life - but some of my batteries died on first use. So perhaps EMRocks is right about the LR attys being defective and as a result I am down 5 batteries. Additionally, one of my black cones is too tight for all of my batteries.

I followed all of EM guidelines for battery use and only used parts that I bought from EM. It just seems unfair for me to have to shell out more money for replacement order/shipping/etc if defective attys from EM caused the issue.

I have contacted EM customer service - will keep you all posted!

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Technically, it's not EM's fault either way. The Riva manual clearly states to use ONLY Riva atomizers with it (standard atomizers should be fine as well). We do not offer a Riva LR atomizer, so technically you voided your warranty, but I'm sure David and Selina will allow you to exchange them anyway. The Riva batteries are a lot more sensitive to things like short circuits, so regardless of whether the LR atomizers were defective, they shouldn't have been on a Riva to begin with, as they would not have killed a much more rugged battery like the one in the Indulgence. Mod atomizers like the LR and HV atties are meant to go on mod ecigs like Indulgence, the Riva is not a mod.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Ok, the LR atty stresses the battery and shortens the battery life - but some of my batteries died on first use. So perhaps EMRocks is right about the LR attys being defective and as a result I am down 5 batteries. Additionally, one of my black cones is too tight for all of my batteries.

I followed all of EM guidelines for battery use and only used parts that I bought from EM. It just seems unfair for me to have to shell out more money for replacement order/shipping/etc if defective attys from EM caused the issue.

I have contacted EM customer service - will keep you all posted!

Sunflower, I'm with ya and understand your not so Happy but you really didnt follow the manufacturers guidlines by using an LR Atty.! You as well as everyone else are all going to have to realize that just one or two clicks of the button and your over stressing this Mosfit Battery when using an LR Atty, therefore it could Draw to much Amperage right away or on the thousandth click of the button you never know, overstress is over stress,, Mosfit is a very save Battery yet not meant for LR Attys even though many use it for this, but EMRocks is 100% correct in the FACT that the LR Atty is meant to be used on a Mod or type of battery that can handle the higher draw the LR takes from a regular or Mosfit battery, you may want to look into an Indulgence with an IMR Battery to run LR Atty's. The IMR Batt is made to handle this higher Amp draw and for a much longer time and will hold its charge until it is below 3.7 unlike a regular battery slowly loosing it's charge and going to an unsafe discharge rate, plus the C rating is much much higher on the IMR

Last edited:

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
Sorry to hear about the misfortune Sunflour.:( I am still running on my first Riva batteries. I do not use LR atties on them though. I am running Cartos. I do have three sets of batteries that I alternate on a weekly basis. (Two of them are almost 6 months old). I have no idea if this contributes towards its life span, but as I said with the Cartos mine is still going strong.

When I charge the batteries, I also leave them on the charger a little after they are fully charged. Also no Idea if this contributes towards the life span.

If you urgently need batteries, I still have two brand new Riva’s sets with me. I can then help out, until things are sorted with Selina (Customer Support).:)

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the misfortune Sunflour.:( I am still running on my first Riva batteries. I do not use LR atties on them though. I am running Cartos. I do have three sets of batteries that I alternate on a weekly basis. (Two of them are almost 6 months old). I have no idea if this contributes towards its life span, but as I said with the Cartos mine is still going strong.

When I charge the batteries, I also leave them on the charger a little after they are fully charged. Also no Idea if this contributes towards the life span.

If you urgently need batteries, I still have two brand new Riva’s sets with me. I can then help out, until things are sorted with Selina (Customer Support).:)

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thx sweety! From my distressed posts, you can probably tell I'm going through nicotine withdrawals!! Will pm you :)

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
I still use the same two riva sets that came to me from the first batch of riva ever sold through eastmall. All I use are LR 510 from eastmall, and I still use the same handful I had from then as well. I've lost several attys from the batch , but in general they last me one to two months each , of course these are still from months ago.

But as for using lr atties on the riva , it's the only way to vape it. The battery power lasts me about 12 hours or so , where the standard atties go for about 24 hours for me. and the things always in my face. I rotate the four batteries , kinda.

I dont believe in dry burning them , but i do make sure there flooded always. As soon s i get a glimps of low fluid , i drip 3-5 drops. Sure , it leaks out a little , duh ? Bu with the riva it keeps it in the cone section , I just get the towel ready when the blue beacon of drained battery gets my attention and clean it. Simple.

Also keep the contacts clean , that gunk builds up between them , you cant let that happen , as moisture is a conductor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread