Elf Bar Rf350

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Hi im a starter to vape and im thinking either Elf Bar RF350 or Vaporesso Osmall. Which is better? Keep mind the price difference please. I want the better price/performance.
Without knowing what that price difference is in your case it is hard for me to figure. Background would also be useful. Are you a longtime smoker looking to stop? Or a non smoker looking to start vaping? In general I would say the elf bar holds too much juice for a “try one”. If you don’t like vaping it could be a waste. I’ve never even heard of the other. I might say something small because you could hate it. Also if you aren’t a smoker already go with a zero. Nicotine is not something you want to be addicted to. Trust me in this. If you already are a smoker, how heavy a smoker you are matters a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Falconeer

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I guess if if you've never vaped before and you're trying to quit smoking cigarettes, a ddisposable would allow you to know if vaping is something that is going to help you steer away from cigarettes. I've used the Elf bars a couple times and truthfully they're not a bad vape. Pretty high nicotine level with these so if you're not already addicted to nicotine, you will be after using these. The disposable factor though, I feel like it's a waste of money in the long run and can equal the costs of actual cigarettes. With the right set up, you can vape contentedly for nearly free but that set up doesn't include disposables. But as @bombastinator2 said, if you're not already addicted to nicotine, you really shouldn't use it.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
I guess if if you've never vaped before and you're trying to quit smoking cigarettes, a ddisposable would allow you to know if vaping is something that is going to help you steer away from cigarettes. I've used the Elf bars a couple times and truthfully they're not a bad vape. Pretty high nicotine level with these so if you're not already addicted to nicotine, you will be after using these. The disposable factor though, I feel like it's a waste of money in the long run and can equal the costs of actual cigarettes. With the right set up, you can vape contentedly for nearly free but that set up doesn't include disposables. But as @bombastinator2 said, if you're not already addicted to nicotine, you really shouldn't use it.
I used to think it was useful for me in that it was a really potent anti-anxiety. Now I’m not so sure so I’m titrating off. It has to be done slowly though. I’ve got over two years yet. About time for me to start a different anti-anxiety drug. One that actually is useful. NOT something that you (or anyone) would choose to deal with. They are a pretty good way to quit smoking though. First you become a vaper not a smoker, but it’s much easier to quit being a vaper than it is to quit being a smoker. It’s also safer to be a vaper than a smoker, though not quite as much as I first thought. If you want to quit in a couple weeks (which some people can do) or if you want to see if your body can deal with vaping, disposables can be good. If you’re gonna go longer than a year though, that’s when the tanks come out. I still haven’t found a good use case for pods personally. If you just want to look the part though get a zero. If you don’t have an issue it’s best not to acquire one.

The impression I get is that cigarettes are a really useful combat drug. I remember a story from a guy who was fighting on the Ukrainian side who was looking at what he reasonably thought at the time was a nuclear mushroom cloud fairly calmly and was still functional. They’re handy for stress spikes. If you’ve got any kind of generalized anxiety disorder though they can be a pretty serious trap. What happens is stress reactions are based not on happenstance anymore but on whether or not you have any cigarettes. If you never run out of cigarettes you don’t get one. If you run out of cigarettes you GET a stress reaction. They can be pretty serious. People have taken hostages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Falconeer

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    These are not disposables, they're pod systems.

My bad. I guess I saw Elf Bar and automatically thought it was a dispo and therefore the Osmall must be too. I thought Elf Bar was strictly a dispo brand. I guess those elves are diversifying.

I'm so outta touch with new vaping gear.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    To me, Elf Bar is synonymous with cheap and mass produced.

Not that it matters but someone here said that Elf Bars are produced by the former Heaven Gifts. They got out of retailing and are not into manufacturing.

I'm just bored.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Welcome to the Forum and hope you enjoy it here.

Sorry I can't help with choosing between the two things you are considering as I've never used them.

If you are a smoker keen to quit, then frankly I'd suggest getting a tank with drop in coils (Zenith, Zlide or Nautilus) and a simple mod (battery) such as an iStick 30W or one of Innokins offerings.

That'd save you money in the longer term and could offer a more satisfying vape.

Good luck whatever!

Reactions: smacuser

Users who are viewing this thread