Eleaf Lemo 3 RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
I just got my Lemo3 in the mail yesterday and have not built any coils for it yet. Right now I have the EC NC .25ohm head in vaping at 42watts. I have tried it with the air flow wide open and shut down almost all the way. I like its versatility so far and the flavor is great. I own the Lemo2 and it is easily my favorite vape. I even like it better than my Temple RDA; which I flip flopped back and forth to for a couple of months.

I have the Lemo2 on my Sig75 at .40ohms and the Lemo3 with the prebuilt .25ohm coil on my Wismec 200. Both are set at 42watts and I am enjoying the Lemo3 flavor better. Even with the Lemo2 at my usual 30watts, I still like the Lemo3 better right now.

All things being equal though, they are not. Brand new coil vs my current Lemo2 coil which is five days old, including the cotton; and different ohms.

My plan is to use this coil for a week, then toss it, and use the clapton coils that came with it. I like vaping between .40 to .50 ohms most of the time. For this to be a .25ohm ( registers at .27 on my Wismec 200 ) the vape is not hot at all. Warm and tasteful; which is how I like to vape.

I did crank it up to 55watts, and it got hot after about four good hits. Not scalding but definitively like hot boxing a cig kind of hot; on the 5th hit it also made me cough a few seconds after exhaling. I think this could be a perfect starter sub ohm tank due to the premade coils, air flow adjust-ability, choice of warm to hot vape experience, and flavor.

I have been looking at getting my son a setup to see if it would allow him stop smoking and start vaping. I wanted it to be something with premade sub ohm coils and a rebuild-able deck in case he ever wanted to get a little more advanced and build coils, make juice etc. This Lemo3 so far is a winner as it checks all the boxes and being under thirty bucks is a killer deal in my opinion.

RichJr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boston Ma.
Had to rewick cause i put too little cotton but been using it for 2 weeks now and it's incredible. Single Twisted Nickel 0.14 ohms.

50scwn.jpg

Reactions: JDC1958

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
Had to rewick cause i put too little cotton but been using it for 2 weeks now and it's incredible. Single Twisted Nickel 0.14 ohms.

50scwn.jpg
Looks great! I thought the spread of the post would allow for a single coil build if that is what one has to have.

My viewpoint is, I don't care how many coils, if it taste the best that will be what I vape. I am a flavor chaser 1st and foremost and so far this Lemo3 has been performing well to say the least.

I was looking forward to using the included claptons this weekend but I think I will use them as a model and build my own.

RichJr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boston Ma.
Looks great! I thought the spread of the post would allow for a single coil build if that is what one has to have.

My viewpoint is, I don't care how many coils, if it taste the best that will be what I vape. I am a flavor chaser 1st and foremost and so far this Lemo3 has been performing well to say the least.

I was looking forward to using the included claptons this weekend but I think I will use them as a model and build my own.

The reason I use nickel twists is the balance if taste and clouds. Love flavor. This surely can do a 3mm dia simple build right across the airflow channel. I believe mine is a 2.8d using the twisted 28Ni.

Looking at it I can see how one sides coil would work as well with the right wicking.

I ended up leaving long tails and splitting the wicking in half to tuck into 2 corners each tail. Even jf this didn't made for single there's more than one way we can easily make it a single.

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
The reason I use nickel twists is the balance if taste and clouds. Love flavor. This surely can do a 3mm dia simple build right across the airflow channel. I believe mine is a 2.8d using the twisted 28Ni.

Looking at it I can see how one sides coil would work as well with the right wicking.

I ended up leaving long tails and splitting the wicking in half to tuck into 2 corners each tail. Even jf this didn't made for single there's more than one way we can easily make it a single.
Even though my Temple RDA is set up to use dual coils, I have mostly vaped single coil with it. I have made single vertical coils, single horizontal coils, and angled a single at 45 degees for the Temple that worked real well.

I am going to give dual coils a shot with the Lemo3. If I don't like it, I see no reason I can't build something like yours, a vertical coil, or 45 degree angled coil to experiment with.

Reactions: RichJr

RichJr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boston Ma.
Absolutely can make a single coil work with no problems. I'm sure you could even do a standard single coil build on one side as the airflow is across the middle and will hit either side with no problem (wicking technique would have to be one sided with the other side blocked like ultra hard packed cotton).

I must admit I would fancy a go at dual coils but I'm stuck in my ways of single coil RTA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread