eGo will be here in a couple hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

intog

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Maryland
ok, so my birthday gift is set for delivery this afternoon. i currently use 510 cartomizers and e2r4s and have never dripped or used atomizers. I know the kit comes with them and some flavored carts. I figured i would use up the carts (since I have them). Is there any prep I need to do with my new eGo as far as the attys go? Do they need to be cleaned, dewicked and/or debridged? is there primer on the attys? this is a joye eGo. I'm hoping to just hook it up and go but want to make sure I'm not missing a crucial step. I'm excited, i keep hitting refresh on the usps tracking site.

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
I would blow them out just to be sure. You definitely don't want to dewick/debridge an atty if you are using carts with it.

Keep in mind that other than battery life the ego isn't really going to give you anything over the standard 510 unless you use LR atomizers/cartomizers.

Personally when using a new atomizer, I blow it out and give it a dry burn. Some do the same, some refuse to dry burn, it's all up to you.

Just remember that if you blow it out and get some primer fluid and it taste nasty when you use it, thats the primer fluid. Once you vape through it, everything is okay. Some atomizers don't have primer fluid so you may not have this problem.

intog

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Maryland
Keep in mind that other than battery life the ego isn't really going to give you anything over the standard 510 unless you use LR atomizers/cartomizers.

Oh, I realize that. I get excited everytime something new comes. But what I am excited about is that it's manual. Everything I currently have is automatic and I really prefer a manual battery. I don't know if I will using it for dripping as I use syringe modded e2r4s and I can't imagine anything working better than those... well, at least right now .

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Happy Birthday! Like the others have said just blow out as much of the primer as possible. Blow as hard and long through it as you can. Use a paper towel or napkin to catch the primer fluid. Take one battery and start using it but put the other on the charger right away. When that batt is charged, switch them so you can start them in rotation and keep one fully charged all the time. Atty's can take a while to break in, especially if they have a lot of primer fluid in them to start with. It may take an hour, or half a day. The first 5 drags don't inhale or it'll make you cough or gag or both because you can't blow all the primer out of the atty. After that inhale cautiously because it can still be nasty. If it is, take a few more hits without inhaling and then try again.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I would soak the atty's in vodka for an hour or so, rinse in hot water and then dry.

You might also get instructions that say the eGo battery needs to be charged for 8 hours on the first use. This isn't true. As soon as the Green light goes on your ready to go.

And never, Ever, EVER charge your 510 batteries with the eGo charger. It will release the Magic Smoke from them and render them useless.

intog

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Maryland
It came in! and I cheated :) I hooked up my e2 carto and started using it... I'll deal with the atomizers later and try out the Tonic Firecraker sample liquid (from pure smoker) later as well... i tasted it, it's like cinnamon gum. Packaging is awesome, battery works great! hmm..Now if I can just get the cone to fit around my syringe mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread