eGo mega kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobius_13

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Hanover, PA
I've been wanting to try another PV besides my Leo. I love my Leo and it works great, but curiosity has me wanting to try something different. I hear a lot of good things about the eGo. There seems to be so many different options though and it gets confusing. The 900mah battery seems like it would be good for my needs, but I can't find a kit with those batteries. Only the 650mah in kits. I like to drip, so I would want atomizers. Which leads to more decisions. Do I go with LR, standard 510, or mega? I love all the different options and interchangeable parts with the eGo, but then again I don't because it's hard to know what to choose.

Klute

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Colorado Springs
I Luv my eGo and as you note, there are plenty of options for you. The 650mah work great and give me a good half day of battery life. I did purchase a 900 which is longer in length and will last me 3/4 of the day. I only use both the standard 510 to drip and the mega atty with cart throughout the day. I don't use LR on the eGo. I purchased a mega drip tip and tried dripping with the mega atty but didn't care for it too much as it was a bit airy. GreenHouse One has great prices and just lowered their shipping price. Its shipped from China so the delivery will take a little longer then here in the states. Plenty of other vendors here also sell them also.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

One Vote for the eGo... I do recommend trying the mega atty with the eGo... Just a reminder you will need to also purchase mega carts.

Robert T

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2010
Lake City, Florida
I've been wanting to try another PV besides my Leo. I love my Leo and it works great, but curiosity has me wanting to try something different. I hear a lot of good things about the eGo. There seems to be so many different options though and it gets confusing. The 900mah battery seems like it would be good for my needs, but I can't find a kit with those batteries. Only the 650mah in kits. I like to drip, so I would want atomizers. Which leads to more decisions. Do I go with LR, standard 510, or mega? I love all the different options and interchangeable parts with the eGo, but then again I don't because it's hard to know what to choose.

Mad Vapes has a Ego XL kit with carrying case for $49.99. Thats a 900mAh batt. unit.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The ego is a great unit, but be aware you will be stepping down from 3.7v on the leo to 3.2 on the ego, vapor, heat and taste will be different, not bad just different.

I find 3.2v just right for some juices, some attys. some catros. YMMV A simple 3.7v mod with a 510 thread may be a consideration also, it would allow you to try all the different attys, cartos, standard and LR, mega, XL, clearomizers, etc.....

The ego mega atty is very good, and vapes great, I'll drip with it at 3.7v and it's not airy for me, but it does seem to have a long break-in period, the ego mega cartos on the other hand, well just skip 'em.

Mobius_13

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Hanover, PA
my 650 ego lasts me a couple of days before i need a charge and i vape a lot... you must be chain vaping all day???? just a questions...

Yes, I do tend to chain vape. My 800 mah will last me about 8 hours.

The ego is a great unit, but be aware you will be stepping down from 3.7v on the leo to 3.2 on the ego, vapor, heat and taste will be different, not bad just different.

I find 3.2v just right for some juices, some attys. some catros. YMMV A simple 3.7v mod with a 510 thread may be a consideration also, it would allow you to try all the different attys, cartos, standard and LR, mega, XL, clearomizers, etc.....

The ego mega atty is very good, and vapes great, I'll drip with it at 3.7v and it's not airy for me, but it does seem to have a long break-in period, the ego mega cartos on the other hand, well just skip 'em.

Thanks for the advice. Helpful info, but I think I'm going to pass on the ego now and jump into the world of mods. Thinking of getting either the Infinity or the Buzz from notcigs.com. Having a hard time deciding which to get though. The Infinity looks really nice, but I like the durability and extra battery life from the buzz. Oh, decisions, decisions.... Thank you all for the helpful comments.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Yes, I do tend to chain vape. My 800 mah will last me about 8 hours.

.....Thinking of getting either the Infinity or the Buzz from notcigs.com. Having a hard time deciding which to get though...

Before jumping on a VV mod, cheap way of trying higher V vaping is a 5v pass through. I tried one and found to my suprise I don't like hi-V vape. Ended up with a PV-1 at 3.7 and very happy with the vape and 14500 batteries, (I chain vape too...:laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread