• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

eGo mega cyl atty *FREE DRIP TIP*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I whittled out the reverse "funnel" from a empty protective cart and turned it into a nice working drip tip. The cyl bridge is large enough that you don't need to be *too* precise with where the drip lands, but you need to be a little more carefull than a regular drip tip. The whistle tip has two flow control pieces just like the mega cartos (use a paper clip/tweezers to remove). I then used scissors to start the cuts, just above where the air vents on the side meet the "funnel" of the cart. Then I used a *Sharp* small knife(like a small paring knife), to completely cut out the funnel from the rest of the cart. I couldn't find my micro files, so it is a little rough still. But a small multi-tool file cleaned it up pretty well, along w/ the small "nail" scissors to clean up the shreds.
IMAG0037.jpg

I call it the LTDT(LowThudd drip tip) mod.:closedeyes:

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I found that you don't even need to hollow it out! Just remove the juice trap....Cut the end of the cart a little ways. Then just drip in. Liquid falls down the sides, and because it also wicks from the side walls. No issues, but dang do they ever hit HARD dripping!!!!!

I tried that, I had inconsistent flooding issues. *shrug* whatever works.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Nice job! Didn't think about a nail, but my first attempt was w/ a soldering iron. The soldering tip was just too big and too hot and made a mess more than anything. I wonder if silicone tubing would be a better idea than the straw though. Won't burn. I'll have to play around with your adaptation see what I get. Also, I don't see trimming the cart as necessary, I've never had one melt. Might try tweezers or foreseps to get the straw in. Probably have less troubles that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread