Status
Not open for further replies.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
Ok all,

I went from a mini -ecig to a BUZZ Pro VV mod. Since then I have a fellow vaper that has been using e-cigs (V2's) that wants to step up...but not to a VV mod. He is actually the person that turned me on to vaping to quit. I cut way back on the analogs using the e-cig mini, but once I got my VV I put the smokes down. He is now down to 3-5 analogs and wants to dump those and agrees, after using my VV, that its going to take a bit more than the mini is capable of to get him to finish the process of quitting.

So....which eGO would you all recommend. I would like to stear him to something that can use 510 cartos (LR or SR?)...

I may also be looking to buy a PV for my non smoking wife...who LOVES Ms T's juices and wants to vape 0mg Nic juice...lol. Im so bad :vapor: :evil:

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I recently received a new shipment from Liberty Flights and it contained two new Firefly egos. The wife and I are in love with these things... The color changing LED ring lets you know how much batt life you have left, 4 click on/off and in the off position, they double as a flashlight. They are a regulated battery, but with Boge LR cartos they are absolutely fantastic! With the always present 20% off code your into a starter kit for about $40 with 900mah batts...

Last edited:

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
Heh, my wife found out there were vinyl cigs for e-cigs and skinned all of her PVs custom (pics on my site). Her PVs are a little too girly for me to ever borrow, now.

If you can find one in stock, I'd recommend a KGO + a couple packs of Boge LR cartos. Failing that, an official Ego-T kit, plus cartos would probably be good enough.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
Heh, my wife found out there were vinyl cigs for e-cigs and skinned all of her PVs custom (pics on my site). Her PVs are a little too girly for me to ever borrow, now.

If your wife is like mine...she planned it that way :) Heaven forbid I use her "stuff"...even after 20 yrs of marriage..lol

Thanks for the suggestions guys..... what about the ego -C .... looks interestiing, and if you can clean the attys off between flavors, I see a atty lasting a good long time.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
I recently received a new shipment from Liberty Flights and it contained two new Firefly egos. The wife and I are in love with these things... The color changing LED ring lets you know how much batt life you have left, 4 click on/off and in the off position, they double as a flashlight. They are a regulated battery, but with Boge LR cartos they are absolutely fantastic! With the always present 20% off code your into a starter kit for about $40 with 900mah batts...

These are nice too... so can these batteries also take Boge (or non-Joytech) Cartos also??

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Firefly

DaBatMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Wayne Manor
My 2cents...

I purchased this eGo knock off kit from myfreedomsmokes back in Sept. It's kept analogs away from my mouth and is very satisfying when paired with a juice of your liking. Small and funtional. I lost one batt due to dropping it consistantly and just replaced it with an genuine joytech eGo batt from the same vendor. I trully believe an eGo type device will always remain in my arsenal

arrival.jpg

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
These are nice too... so can these batteries also take Boge (or non-Joytech) Cartos also??

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Firefly

Yes, you can order it with attys or cartos, but I wanted the big batts, so I ordered the 900mah atty kits. The batts are threaded and come with oversized cones to allow for cartos... I'm running Boge LRs and it is a fantastic combo... Don't forget to click on the 20% off code at the top left of their page. Big difference in price... ;)

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Well, there are genuine 3.7V eGos available. The batts are larger than the 650. They are 1100mah, and I've bought a couple of the batts. There is a difference in the vape and length of charge.

All eGos are 3.3-3.4V, not 3.7V. There's no difference in voltage between a larger 1000mah or 900mah battery and a 650mah battery. The only difference is how long the battery lasts before it needs a recharge.

I agree with wv2win and recommend getting a 3.7V PV over and eGo. The 3.7V are similar in size, and arnt any more expensive than an eGo, but they provide alittle more oomph than an eGo and more importantly handle the lower resistances a lot better. If he prefers a warmer vape, he can use 1.5ohm and 1.7ohm cartos on a 3.7V and not have to worry, but on an eGo if he uses a 1. 5 or 1.7ohm carto, he's got to keep in mind that the eGo might be okay, but it could also potentially fry the mosfet and ruin his eGo. While 3.7V and 3.3-3.4V isnt a huge difference in voltage, I've used both and personally feel the 3.7V PVs give a noticeably better vape

The Epower, Riva, and kGo are all nice 3.7v PVs that give a great vape, and personally I'd get an Epower or a kGo. They both have great battery life and are under $50 bucks. I have an Epower and love it. Everything on the Epower is replaceable so it cheaper to maintain then a proprietary battery PV and the Epower uses non-proprietary batteries unlike the eGo/kGo/riva. Epower batteries cost $4-5 compared to eGo/riva/kGo batteries that are $14-20, and the Epower batteries last alot longer before they need to be replaced. The batteries are 1050mah and I get avg a day to a day and a half on one battery. The batteries are small so it's easy to carry a spare with you and if needed unscrew the switch, pop in a fresh battery, and your good to go again. With the eGo/kGo/riva the only way to carry a spare battery with you is to carry a second PV with you wherever you go. If your buddy likes how your BuzzPro uses non-proprietary batteries and how easy it is to carry a spare, he'll def like the Epower.
If he's okay with having a proprietary battery PV, the kGo is def really nice too and gives a great vape as well with long battery life. Both the kGo and Epower have a 5-click on/off feature too so he can turn it off and not have to worry about it accidentally firing in his pocket.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
Good recommendations already...... My 2 cents: Not an eGo.

All the best!!

Oh I couldnt agree more... Im trying to get them to go with a VV. But my coworker is hung up on vanity (doesnt want it to look too odd, and I get plenty of looks when vaping my Buzz with tank...I dont care..I like it). They way I look at it at least an eGO is a step up from his V2 e-cigs.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
For places that have the Kgo look here;
SLB KGO Starter Kit
KGO 1100 mAh 2 battery kit

Dark City Vapor has it with optional cartos already in the kit. (and good ones too)
Both have discount codes (5%) though I can't remember them.

They go through them fast. Seems Hoosier is out right now and Dark City's won't last long.

Darkcity is on backorder but should ship this week. That is a good sign if two fairly large places cant keep them in stock.

I will present both to my friends and see what they want..... thanks for your help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread