eGO, i want more throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonl34

Oct 4, 2010
ny
Ive been using the eGO since march, im pretty sure my batteries are wearing out since ive had them for 7 months. Ive also just used the standard 510 atty's for this time as well.

But like the titles says I want more throat hit. I was probably going to just order some more batteries but if theres reason to switch to something else it seems now is the time to do it.

For juice i usually go with vanilla, coffee flavors, and tabacco types because they seem to give me the most throat hit as well.

Ive seen ego booster being mentioned, and LR attys, do you use these in conjunction with eachother? And any other suggestions for this?

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I think you should pass on the ego booster. It doesn't really do VV at all - it just gives 3 differnet voltage settings. (3.3, 4, and 4.7, I think.) That does probably improve the vape with an ego, but by the time you spend $60 on it, and $30 to $40 on two ego batterys (you said yours were dying), then you're in the $100 range. At that point, I think getting a real VV system would be a better deal. The Infinity Pro, for instance, is $99.

IPro

If you want to save some money, Madvapes has a $35 VV box mod. Not as pretty, but should be functional.

And of course, there are lots of higher end mods. Buzz Pro, Provari, Darwin, etc.

I'm using an eGo myself, and I plan to get a Buzz Pro as my next major purchase.

kpms0n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Honolulu, Hi
yeah. I wouldn't consider the ego booster because of the size it adds and the lack of range in voltages. the IPro is definitely a good choice. the cost would be around 130 maybe just a tad more to get the charger and batt kit with it. fairly good deal IMO. I went and opted for a Krimson Kustoms VV Evercool. That will run you 67 for the mod (mod+shipping+paypal fees), then you got batteries and charger you have to buy. It'll run for around 100 total but at least you'll have batteries that are more widely used than what the ipro uses. a even cheaper way to get more throat hit would definitely be the KGO. at 40 something dollars a kit, kinda hard to go wrong. pair those batts up with a LR and you should be much more satisfied. I know I was. :D

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places

candylady

Jul 6, 2011
washington
I ordered some Echo E dual coil cartomizers from Smoktek for my Egos and they really work nicely. They have a smaller mouthpiece than the EMDCC (which I prefer as I don't like sucking on a big hunk of plastic) and they really kick out the "smoke" with a super easy draw. No burnt taste from these so far and have have been using them for a couple of weeks.

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
I am using smok dual coils. Love these. Great th with my juice 50/50 PG/vg mixture of espresso and chocolate. Very thick juice. Lots of vapor,no burnt taste. Cannot wait to try these on a higher voltage battery

I ordered some Echo E dual coil cartomizers from Smoktek for my Egos and they really work nicely. They have a
smaller mouthpiece than the EMDCC (which I prefer as I don't like sucking on a big hunk of plastic) and they really kick out the "smoke" with a super easy draw. No burnt taste from these so far and have have been using them for a couple of weeks.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I second the Madvapes vv box mod for $35 (plus two 14500 batts and a charger).
Variable Voltage Box Mod

I have the Madvapes vv mod above and I'm impressed by the solid construction, even though the body is an inexpensive plastic battery box with the electronics and atomizer connection in one of the three battery channels. It has an on-off switch, a momentary vape switch, and a solid atomizer connector. There's no LED indicator (you know it's working when you hear the sizzle). I would buy this product again.

The Madvapes vv box mod got me into vv vaping at a low cost and satisfied my curiosity for vv vaping. I'l eventually build or buy another vv mod that is sleeker and more feature rich, but the one I have gives me total control over voltage (0v-7v) and great performance. It doesn't get hot, as some linear regulator mods do. The only heat you feel on the box is from the atty connector area. I can open the box after vaping for a while and the circuit board components are barely warm and the batteries are hardly above room temp.

I have no affiliation with Madvapes. I'm just a satisfied customer who thinks that it's a good product. They also sell a digital voltmeter assembled into a cube case with connectors for a 510 atty, male on one end and female on the other. You can screw it in between the atomizer and the mod to see the leve at which you are adjusting the voltage, unloaded or loaded.

Last edited:

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I would highly recommend dual coil cartos or LR atties at 1.5. Also, just curious, do you find you get a better throat hit right after the batteries are freshly charged? I was using an Ego and found that within an hour or two the performance had dropped so much that my throat hit was reduce greatly to where I was not satisfied. I ended up going to a Silver Bullet which gives consistent performance for hours. Not too expensive, but with batteries and charger it can cost closer to 150$(full kit). I plan on using this for long time, so the one time hit does not hurt and I am very happy with the production and consistency of my vape now. I have also found that some atties are better than others, I am currently enjoying the Iken atties, they have a much better draw and hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread