eGo doesn't flash red or green while charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

rach3l

Jan 22, 2011
Chicago
This question concerns the vision mini eGo starter kit from madvapes. It worked okay for a couple days, charged normally, and seemed to be a great little PV. Then, on day 3, the unit failed to charge when I plugged it in. The LED button was no longer turning either red or green when I plugged it into the USB. I contacted madvapes about the issue and offered to take video of the battery to prove it wasn't working. Instead, they wanted me to pay for return shipping so they could inspect the unit. For an initial investment of ~$20, I didn't feel it was worth it. I put away the eGo battery and got a cheap auto 501 instead.

Well, I did some research and learned that this is a known problem for eGos. The battery post can sink in and lose contact if it's tightened "too far" (which seems silly, they should remanufacture how far it can thread if this happens so often, but whatever). So today, I lifted the post on the eGo battery and plugged it in. At first I wasn't confident that lifting the battery had done anything, because the LED didn't turn red to indicate it was charging. But! There were 3 blue flashes. And now, it seems to be charging okay. I charged it for a little while, used it for an hour, it died, I put it back on the charger, used it again. So it is definitely working. However, there is still no charge indicator--the light is not turning red or green, although the blue LED flashes 3 times when I put it on the charger. It also flashes blue 6 times when I remove it from the charger.

Anyway, I'm thrilled that it's at least working now. I don't care THAT much about the indicator. I just wondered why the ecig seems to function, and would continue to flash blue, but never turn red or green. Could there be a short in the charger indicator that wouldn't affect anything else about the battery?

Also, any suggestions for a new, affordable ecig? This experience has soured me on eGos. I'd also rather order from a distributor that pays for return shipping in the event of a defect/product malfunction. I'd really like a starter kit (or combination of parts) that includes two batteries, a clearomizer tank or cartos, and a usb/wall/car charger. I'm not picky, I just want something that works and doesn't cost an arm or a leg :(

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am sorry that you had a bad experience with your original Ego battery and the vender you purchased it from. Please don't get discouraged because of it. We that have been at this for a while have occasionally received one that didn't work as well as it should have but for the most part you will get a good product.

Unc1987

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
North Carolina
something similar happened with an ego mini i had, but it wasnt a charging problem. it just stopped working. it would light up green while trying to vape but would produce no vapor. luckily i bought it from a local store and was able to take it back and they gladly replaced it. it has actually happened to me twice, they said the manufacturer was aware of them problem and it was supposedly fixed now but some bad minis were shipped out....

mokeyjoe

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Preston, UK
Well, I did some research and learned that this is a known problem for eGos. The battery post can sink in and lose contact if it's tightened "too far" (which seems silly, they should remanufacture how far it can thread if this happens so often, but whatever). So today, I lifted the post on the eGo battery and plugged it in.

I've got this problem with two of my mini batteries. They actually charge OK but the problem is they don't work with certain cartos. How do you 'lift the post' in this way? Its pretty fiddly to get at and I don't want to damage the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread