Ego-C...what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
But, are you getting loads of vapor production? Good solid throat hit akin to smoking a Kool or Newport?

Yes, I am. But I also maintain the atty's & just rotate to a new one when I taste a drop in flavor. Mine blows suprising big cloud. It's a joyetech ego-c with both joyetech & ovale atty's. I mostly vape 100% vg. I also rotate some 1.5ohm mdcc's when I want something a little warmer & actually get more vapor per hit out of the spike atty. With the lr mdcc I have to hit it 4-5 times to equal the cloud from the spike atty.

As far as being like a kool or newport, you have to add a strong menthol to equal that. I just find flavors I like, & add a few drops of volcanos methol blast or backwoods menthol. For the record I was a kool lover. I just got some bwb applewood & added a little bwb menthol tobacco, omg it's so good. There tobacco flavor is the best I've found so far. So good I'm dizzy.

Sheriff420

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
NC
Pushing the wick down gets rid of the burnt plastic taste. I found out the other day that if you push it too far that you'll spring a leak. I was leaking around the connection between the cone and the battery like a 510. When the wick is pushed in too far it allows the juice to really flow and floods the atomizer, when the atomizer floods it flows on through to the joint at the battery. I pried the needle deal off the atomizer and pushed the wick back up a little bit and I've been using that same atomizer for a couple days now without a leak or that burnt plastic taste.

Schmoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Oklahoma
Dang.....I always try to research as much as I can before purchasing anything. But this time, I failed myself. My ego-c battery does not have the TM stamped on it and I have yet seen anything but a blue color on the button itself. For and extra 20 bucks or so, I could have had the real thing. That really pisses me off. May have to find a new vendor now. Luckily, I turned on a good friend of mine to ecigs. She just bought the "real" ego-c's and loves it. I asked her if she let me have an actual ego-c atty to try and she said no problem. I've got two new MFS c atty's I'll give her. She was not a heavy smoker and use to smoke Marlboro Ultra-lights, so swapping her out for one ego-c should be a good deal, if not, I'll buy some more later. Now, if this things vapes up like a scalded dog, then I'll order a blister pack of the C atty's. If not, I'll just give her all my interchangeable MFS parts. Wyette.....where are you getting your juices? I've tried Halo menthol and now the MFS Kool's and there OK, got loads of menthol, but kind of lacks on the tobacco flavor side. I'd be willing to try another type. There's just so many out there, I'd like good recommendations first. But my first criteria is that they have to be made in the USA. I'm not crazy about chinese made liquids.

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
Wyette.....where are you getting your juices? I've tried Halo menthol and now the MFS Kool's and there OK, got loads of menthol, but kind of lacks on the tobacco flavor side. I'd be willing to try another type. There's just so many out there, I'd like good recommendations first. But my first criteria is that they have to be made in the USA. I'm not crazy about chinese made liquids.

I hope just switching the atty's helps you. As far as juice's go I'm in the same boat as far USA & liquids. I have to be able to trust the company. So far I've had good results with AVE, Backwoods Brew, Vapelicious (One of my new favorites), CooperCreek, Volcanoecigs, eVaporclouds. I've tried a few others but not really impressed & they had some weird flavors mixed in.

Being a Kool smoker, I really love volcanoecigs menthol blast. I order strong 24mg. Not to vape alone but to add to almost all my juices. That stuff will knock you back a foot straight. In a tank it only take 1-3 drops to add a nice cool flavor. Backwoods brew applewood bacco & that blast is really good. If you like a smokey flavor kind of like a top dollar pipe.

Surprisingly, to me anyways, my newest favorite is vapelicious golden gate punch, which doesn't exactly fit my profile for a all day vape, but it's so good I can't help it. Taste exactly like Hawaiian punch. I really didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I have. Add a little menthol & it really packs a nice punch, no pun intended. I diffidently going to try more from them.

Ave's rafilicous is ok, but add some menthol & it's pretty close to a menthol analog. Plus that stuff blows the biggest clouds out of everything I've had.

Schmoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Oklahoma
Thanks. Well, I tried an actual Ego atty and that made all the difference in the world. They now DO rock!!!! Luckily, all I got to do is order some atty's and everything else is working. So I got two long batts, two cones, two adapters and a new usb charger for about 59 bucks. Not out too much, but a sleeve of ego-c batts will run about 25 dollars. Should have just bought the actual ego kit itself, but didn't know about the differences. Comparing the MFS and the egoc atty's together, the egoc is much larger and the drip tube is larger. Also on the MFS, there is no metal cap on top of the wick material inside the drip tube. Talk about cheap. I let my friend try the MFS atty and within one tank, it started burning her stuff. So, save yourself some money and order the original stuff, don't try and skimp like I did. It will get you in the long run.

nuggetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Chicago
Just wanted to share how I prime thick liquids in my Ego. First remove the battery and then place a finger where the battery connects to the atty and form an airtight seal and take a very small controlled drag. Don't do it too hard or you will flood your atty. This method is more effective than just sucking on the tip with the battery attached as your blocking the air flow. This always works like a charm for all my heaviest VG liquids.

MPage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I got some success when not filling the carts up too much, leave some room, like 4 mm of gap inside when filling them.

a big air bubble inside somehow makes the VG flow inside the cart better.

And prime like crazy for a moment. suck on the carto without pressing the button in.:vapor:

I use the MFS eGo C and mine has been fine- once I put a little less in the cart in order to get the air bubble. Guess I got a better build on my C. All I do not like is not having the B atty size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread