eGo-C upgrade battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janusxvii

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
So I was just on the joyetech website and I saw that they are selling an upgrade battery for the Ego-C. Has anyone tried it yet? If so what are your thoughts? I have included a link to the site but in summary I guess you can switch between constant 3.3V output and battery voltage output. Also it is advertising improved short-circuit protection as well as over-voltage protection.

Joyetech eGo-C Upgrade Battery

Janusxvii

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Well thats interesting

That was my thought too. I'm curious to see/hear some reviews on it. The more I think about it, the more I am having a hard time getting my head around the actual value of battery voltage output. I mean you would get "better" hits when the battery is fresh off the charger (I say "better" since I'm sure that's a matter of preference) but it would gradually diminish as the batteries charge is expended. Can someone please explain why that might be desirable? Improved short-circuit protection and the addition of over-voltage protection strike me as better selling points.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
That was my thought too. I'm curious to see/hear some reviews on it. The more I think about it, the more I am having a hard time getting my head around the actual value of battery voltage output. I mean you would get "better" hits when the battery is fresh off the charger (I say "better" since I'm sure that's a matter of preference) but it would gradually diminish as the batteries charge is expended. Can someone please explain why that might be desirable? Improved short-circuit protection and the addition of over-voltage protection strike me as better selling points.
It is simply psychological, 3.7V vice 3.3/4V. I have a eGo box mod that runs an AW 18650, I prefer my eGos. OTOH I do have another eGo box mod with switching regulator, oh yeah baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread