Ego-C Twist and Ego-T batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

helenc

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
East of Dallas, TX
I've been using the Ego-C Twist batteries for quite awhile, and one was finally dying. I went to one of my vendors and purchased an Ego-T, thinking for whatever unknown blonde reason that day, that I was buying the Ego-C Twist.

Having now received said Ego-T and realizing my error, can anyone tell me the difference between the two batteries? I've been using a Kanger eVod 2.5 ohms cartomizer with the Ego-C Twist, if that helps at all.

TIA!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The eGo-c Twist is a variable voltage batt and the eGo-t isn't. It has a fixed regulated voltage of about 3.3-3.4 Volts. Depending on where you had the Twist set at, you may have to use a lower resistance coil for the evod - perhaps a 2.2 or even a 1.8 ohm coil. I find 1.8 good for stronger flavors and the 2.2 good for lighter flavors on eGo regulated batts. I use eGo-c upgrade batts.

helenc

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
East of Dallas, TX
The eGo-c Twist is a variable voltage batt and the eGo-t isn't. It has a fixed regulated voltage of about 3.3-3.4 Volts. Depending on where you had the Twist set at, you may have to use a lower resistance coil for the evod - perhaps a 2.2 or even a 1.8 ohm coil. I find 1.8 good for stronger flavors and the 2.2 good for lighter flavors on eGo regulated batts. I use eGo-c upgrade batts.

Thanks for the response. I always kept the twist on the lowest setting. Seemed fine at that. I think the only reason I had gotten the 2.5 was that was all my vendor had at the time. Hmm, wonder if that's why my Twist died.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
And what are the upgrade batteries? I keep seeing them, but have no idea what they are.

Joye makes the eGo-t, the eGo-c, the eGo-c upgrade and the eGo-c Twist.

The eGo-t, and eGo-c are regulated to 3.3.-3.4 Volts.

The eGo-c Twist is variable volt from 3.2-4.8 volts.

The eGo-c upgrade has two modes. One is just like the eGo-c - regulated at 3.4 V and the other they call 'variable' but not like the Twist. It's an unregulated mode like any other 3.7 volt battery where the voltage right off the charger is about 4.2 volts dropping to 3.6-3.7 volts for most of the charge and dropping to 3.2 volts at the end. So it runs a bit hotter in the variable mode.

You change modes by turning the battery off - 5 rapid clicks of the button, then holding down the button for about 8 seconds until it changes color (from blue to orange going to the variable mode) and then turning it back on again - 5 rapid clicks to vape. In the regulated mode the button is white at full charge and then goes to a light blue to dark blue as the charge runs out. This doesn't happen in the variable mode - it stays orange until the charge runs out.

Most of my flavors are good with the regulated mode with either a 1.8 ohm or 2.2 ohm coil unit. I use the Tabac BCC/T3 clearo but the ohms choices are the same as the Evods. But I have one flavor where sometimes I need an extra 'punch' so I put the eGo-c into the 'variable' mode which gets me another half a watt or so and a bit more heat.

I DO have some Twists but only for my espresso/coffee flavors which need more heat than the eGo-c upgrade can get. I vape them at 4.4 volts with a 1.8ohm coil unit.

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
No matter how much research I read, I will never understand what you all are talking about. I've been vaping since last Nov, have only used V2 Bats(have 2 manual & 2 auto), I do make my own juice so thats about all I know. I also have measured the volts on the bats with my voltmeter, so I know a little about volts. But nothing on amps or ohms.

I think one problem I have understanding it all is I could never understand all the in/outs on electricity about Ohms, amps, etc...Its all greek to me.

A bud of mine said he has a ego and he can change out the battery, watched him pull it out from the bottom. That is the type I would get if I wanted to spend the BIG bucks for a different style e-cig. Thay way I didn't have to replace the whole thing, just the battery if it went bad. He also said he has a switch on it to turn up the volts, amps, or something. If I got one I would also like to get one I could replace the coils when they got bad.

So do they make a ego with all that, one where I could replace the bat and coils and adjust the power for more or less vapor? When I say replace the battery, I mean pull it out from inside the case and replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread