ego-c thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarhead

Aug 12, 2011
Clearwater, FL
Hi I first got into vaping over a year ago, just had a simple 510 kit that worked good for a bit, and I got frustrated with bum cartos and DOA products and everything else and put it down for a while.
In March I got an egO kit and have stayed with it since then. I've only had probably 1 pack of smokes since March collectively, this coming from a 2 pack/day smoker.

Anyways, I hated the dual coil huge cartos that came with my eGo kit, and have since tried ego-Ts, ego-Cs and more cartomizers/clearomizers/smokymizers. I was happy with the ego-Ts but it seemed their performance degraded quickly, and were a pain to clean, so I got the eGo-Cs. I was happy with them for about a week, but it seems they just don't perform well.
I'm using a standard eGo batts, some passthrough, some regular. I've tried different PG/VG ratio juices, etc., but the eGo-C/Ts just refuse to give me a throat hit and the taste is just....off.. I did some experimenting with the ego-T attys. I took one apart and dripped directly onto the coil using a huge rubber drip tip I have, WOW what a difference. Great vapor, taste and throat it, so I think the issue lies with the tank cartridges that these things take, I think the vapor that travels through them loses its gusto or some ..... I've had different packs of T cartridges and even tried the rubberized caps, rather than the stock plastic ones.
I've since switched to a bunch of regular 510 cartos that are working awesomely compared to the last time I tried 510 cartos, which was a year ago. I guess carto technology has improved since then.
I guess my question is has anyone had similar bad luck with the ego-T/ego-C systems? I really like the setup and the way that they work physically, but don't like the neutered vaping experience that comes from them.

Last edited:

Atlantisboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
USA
I agree with you Scarhead, the ego c cartridges don't wick that well and give a muted flavor. I then went on to boge cartos 2.0 ohms and they work well and taste good on a standard ego battery and they are inexpensive . However if you like that atty taste but don't want to drip I highly reccomend the Vapage VMOD bottom feeder , I just got mine a few weeks ago and its very easy to use and gives AMAZING flavor .

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I guess my question is has anyone had similar bad luck with the ego-T/ego-C systems? I really like the setup and the way that they work physically, but don't like the neutered vaping experience that comes from them.

The vast majority of people have had a similar experience with the eGo-T/C systems. If you spend some time here, you will start to notice a pattern. There are two kinds of happy eGo-T/C owners. The first kind has had their eGo for a few weeks or months. The other kind has ditched the T/C tank system and replaced it with something else.

There are a few exceptions to anything, but you'll be hard pressed to find someone who stuck with the T/C tank system for the life of the battery. They're notoriously sub-par in terms of taste, throat hit and leaking issues. The faster you replace them, the more frustration you'll save yourself. Every eGo-T/C owner has to discover this for himself, evidently, but some take longer than others.

Last edited:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Greetings from Canada! Welcome to ECF!

There are many things on the market that perform and taste better than the T's and C's. Consider trying a few different things to see which works best for your style.

Vision eGo clearomizers (Star Dust 2.0 rebuildable) and Vivi Nova 2.0 or 2.5 are some of the best for not leaking, easy to fill or clean, and rebuild-able. There are many others available with differing degrees of difficulty when performing these tasks. Have Fun experimenting!

Relax, Enjoy!

scarhead

Aug 12, 2011
Clearwater, FL
thanks for all of the quick replies! I'm glad to see there seems to be a consensus about the Ego-T/C. Like I said, I had no problems with the physical performance, and like how the system is built, but just can't get the right vapage out of them. I'm back on cartomizers now, bought an assortment and am trying to find the most consistent. I think I'm more addicted to trying different models then doing the actual vaping!

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
For myself, I really enjoyed the eGo-C system while starting out. By no means am I saying it is one of the best systems available, but I never had any of the issues with it that have been reported over and over. Evidently, I was in the minority. With that said, I did find that I preferred using clearos and cartos over the tank system, mainly for the simplicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread