Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctor

static void Main()
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New Jersey
Ok, so after a few weeks of using the C tanks with no problems, I had my first leaker. So I switched the tank to my other body, atomizer combo, and guess what? No leaks.

So I decided that the issue had to be the atomizer in some way. When I pulled the spike off, the atomizer body looked fine, so I checked the spike. Turns out that the piece of plastic that gets punched out by the spike somehow got lodged into the spike tube, melted over time, and pushed down the wick in such a way as to cause an air gap whereby the liquid could run unrestricted into the coil chamber.

When this happens, any vaping will cause the liquid from the flooded atomizer to "leak" into the mouthpice and cause the tank leaking problems.

Bottom line, if you have the leaking problem, pull the atomizer, as it's pretty much dead, and use it to prepunch any future tank lids, and you should be fine.

I hope this helps with anyone who has been frustrated by flooded attys that presented themselves as leaking tanks.

Ctor

2b || !2b <-- ?

Last edited:

ajm79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2009
Portland, Oregon
Hey Ctor, I also found a fix. I use the silicone caps. I use a large syringe needle to punch the holes instead of letting the atty spike do it. That way the hole is just slightly smaller than the spike. Better seal. Also I make sure the cap and spike are dry when I insert the tank. Works awesome. No leaking in weeks and better wicking.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Using a large syringe needle to punch the holes in the silicone caps sounds like a good idea.

I used an X-ACTO knife to cut out the entire hole and it ended up being too big for the spike. Had to go back to the original hard caps.

When/if I buy more silicone caps I'll use the syringe needle method to puncture them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread