eGO-C and tanks.. where to get better tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
My wife bought a eGO-C. Not a bad eGO. No leaking issues yet... but my two main complaints are

1) If you use anything more than a 70/30 PG/VG mix...I get dry vapes on it (uggh burning atomizer!!). My wife can use 100% VG but that is because she takes very small, 3 second max, "toots" off her PV. I take 7 second or more "toots".

2) The caps on the tanks that came with the eGO-C are HORRIBLE. While they do not leak, they are VERY hard to get off so you can refill, or clean out and refill.

My question....anyone know of better tanks, possibly aftermarket, that have caps that are easier to take off? Can I use eGO-T tanks (type A I believe)?

Thanks in advance.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The 70/30 mix is the industry's norm. I vape 100% VG in all my tanks, mind you it is diluted by 15-20% with H2O. One needs to adapt their liquids to what they are using. It is not the tank perse that is at fault, but the tube the liquid has to go through to get to the coil.

Wrt being tight, most are in the beginning and eventually will wear down to easy removal. If you have the hard plastic tank caps you can change them for a softer silicone type caps (Heaven Gifts). If you have a hard cap, it is meant to be filled via syringe.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ego Tanks suck )

Ahem, no, they don't. But there is a learning curve. :)

I've been using eGo-T atties, 510-T atties and now eGo-C, both standard and LR, for a long time and never had a problem.

I've used 80/20 and 30/70 mixes and they all work, albeit thicker juices require more patience or an addition of a thinner; distilled water, vodka or PG are recommended.

The silicone caps are available locally at LiteCig, Cignot and Liberty Flights, just to name a few vendors, but some people report problems with them also. I just take off the hard caps for refilling--a bit messy, but nothing a kleenex can't handle.

The trick is to make sure that the tank is inserted all the way into the atty to prevent leaks. Dry hits can be avoided by taking a couple of gentle drags without pressing the button to reprime the atty. Other than that, please make sure that the tank isn't filled all the way--just a little air on top improves the wicking. I recommend taking long, slow drags rather than short and hard ones; works for me.

Oh, the atties need to be cleaned as the gunked up coil won't work well and will produce undesirable off flavors and darkening of ejuice in the tank. Vaping a tankful of unflavored (with or without nic) helps dissolve some of the buildup on the coil.

Happy vaping!

Last edited:

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
You are a 1%er

BTW, have you ever used a good VV mod and Boge Cartos?

Ahem, no, they don't. But there is a learning curve. :)

I've been using eGo-T atties, 510-T atties and now eGo-C, both standard and LR, for a long time and never had a problem.

I've used 80/20 and 30/70 mixes and they all work, albeit thicker juices require more patience or an addition of a thinner; distilled water, vodka or PG are recommended.

The silicone caps are available locally at LiteCig, Cignot and Liberty Flights. just to name a few, but some people report problems with them also. I just take off the hard caps for refilling--a bit messy, but nothing a kleenex can't handle.

The trick is to make sure that the tank is inserted all the way into the atty to prevent leaks. Dry hit can be avoided by taking a couple of gentle drags without pressing the button to reprime the atty. Other than that, please make sure that the tank isn't filled all the way--just a little air on top improves the wicking. I recommend taking long, slow drags rather than short and hard ones; works for me.

Oh, the atties need to be cleaned as the gunked up coil won't work well and will produce undesirable off flavors and darkening of ejuice in the tank. Vaping a tankful of unflavored (with or without nic) helps dossolve some of the buildup on the coil.

Happy vaping!

Governa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2012
Portugal
ricardo.governa.net
I know I'm new here but I have an eGo-C and I'm loving it. Easy to use and very practical, at least to a noob like myself. I don't have any of the problems you mention, not even with the caps. They are hard to come out at first but that's it. I swear the second time you take the cap out it comes out easily. Can't complain really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread