• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

eGo batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
I find that my 6 week old manuals are still doing very well. I have one that I have been using since 8 this morning and it has not left my hands all day. So far today I have vaped at least 5ml or better of juice and it is still going strong, bringing it to 12 hours now. But I have to admit I have days where a battery might last me between 7-8 hours of constant use.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
I to have been having a bit of a problem with the length of use with one battery.
I use to get 6 to 8 hrs on each battery, now one seems to go from that to 4 to 8 hrs.. I think it depends on how much and long I drag on it to get vapor (not that I got less and did it to get more vapor)
I do vape heavy, I mean 10 second drags and will go thru a Cart in less than 5 minutes of constent vaping. Thats me though. Its the way I used analogs too.
But if I pace myself I can get my 6 to 8 hrs on each battery and sometimes even more.. But I do need to pace myself..

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Going on 2 weeks with my eGo, I have noticed that both of my batts have dropped from the initial length of time before a recharge is required (10 - 13 hours).

Seems that each batt requires a recharge after approximately 8 hours.
That my friend is not Okey Dokey. 2 - 2.5 hrs tops to re-charge.

Next time you charge them, make sure you clean the threads and seat with alcohol on both the batt and charger and go from there. 8 hrs is excessive. I recharge 2 x 14500 3.7V 900 mah batts at a time in 4 hrs.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
That my friend is not Okey Dokey. 2 - 2.5 hrs tops to re-charge.

Next time you charge them, make sure you clean the threads and seat with alcohol on both the batt and charger and go from there. 8 hrs is excessive. I recharge 2 x 14500 3.7V 900 mah batts at a time in 4 hrs.

Switched, I think you misunderstood or I just don't know how to write what I think.

What I meant to say ... Initially I got 10 - 13 hours from one eGo batt before recharging. Now I get 8 hours before a recharge is needed.
And yes it takes my eGo batts 2 hour - 2.5 hours before the recharge cycle is complete.

That being said, I am vaping more now than when I first got the eGo.
If I am vaping it up, 6 hours seems to be the average before a recharge is needed. The eGo batts are awesome.

Tonight I fully drained the eGo batt in 2.5 hours. Some crazy vaping or what? I think I went through 3+ ml of juice. Needless to say best nic buzz I have had in a long time!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Switched, I think you misunderstood or I just don't know how to write what I think.

What I meant to say ... Initially I got 10 - 13 hours from one eGo batt before recharging. Now I get 8 hours before a recharge is needed.
And yes it takes my eGo batts 2 hour - 2.5 hours before the recharge cycle is complete.

That being said, I am vaping more now than when I first got the eGo.
If I am vaping it up, 6 hours seems to be the average before a recharge is needed. The eGo batts are awesome.

Tonight I fully drained the eGo batt in 2.5 hours. Some crazy vaping or what? I think I went through 3+ ml of juice. Needless to say best nic buzz I have had in a long time!

To clarify matters here.

I accidentally came up with a number I have been telling folks. That to figure out how long a batt would last equates to approx 1hr/100mAH. Or in the eGos case 6 - 6.5 hrs, once again depending on the vaper.

Low and behold, Mick at Janty came to the same conclusion. He wasn't referring to the eGo when he offered the "rating" but for the eGo XL battery.

Out of the box, my batts did indeed seem to perform longer, but the eGo was not my main device. Now I use it almost exclusively with long hits (5-7 sec) during my morning vapes.

The other thing I noticed, as someone else mentioned, make sure your contacts are clean, both on the charger and on the batts. This makes a world of difference. I thought I had a dud batt, because it took a long time to charge and didn't last $heit. Cleaned her up real good, and got 7 hours out of it.

When compared to the stock 510 batt 1 maybe 1.5 hrs we are doing really good, and the rule of thumb, well withing the ball park.

So IMHO if you are a moderatly heavy vaper, 6-8 hrs per batt, is normal. Those that are claiming 12-24 hrs ((large margin ain't it)(is it closer to 12 or 24?)) are what I call occasional vapers. One guy reported 3 days :rolleyes:

That is why the 1hr/100mAh is a good gauge to go by, not just on the eGo, but other devices as well. A caevat, at 3.7 Volts.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
To clarify matters here.

I accidentally came up with a number I have been telling folks. That to figure out how long a batt would last equates to approx 1hr/100mAH. Or in the eGos case 6 - 6.5 hrs, once again depending on the vaper.

Low and behold, Mick at Janty came to the same conclusion. He wasn't referring to the eGo when he offered the "rating" but for the eGo XL battery.

Out of the box, my batts did indeed seem to perform longer, but the eGo was not my main device. Now I use it almost exclusively with long hits (5-7 sec) during my morning vapes.

The other thing I noticed, as someone else mentioned, make sure your contacts are clean, both on the charger and on the batts. This makes a world of difference. I thought I had a dud batt, because it took a long time to charge and didn't last $heit. Cleaned her up real good, and got 7 hours out of it.

When compared to the stock 510 batt 1 maybe 1.5 hrs we are doing really good, and the rule of thumb, well withing the ball park.

So IMHO if you are a moderatly heavy vaper, 6-8 hrs per batt, is normal. Those that are claiming 12-24 hrs ((large margin ain't it)(is it closer to 12 or 24?)) are what I call occasional vapers. One guy reported 3 days :rolleyes:

That is why the 1hr/100mAh is a good gauge to go by, not just on the eGo, but other devices as well. A caevat, at 3.7 Volts.

Good info to know. BTW, if you vaped constantly (no breaks) you would drain the eGo batt in about 30 - 40 minutes. In comparison to a regular 510 batt you would drain it in 8 - 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Good info to know. BTW, if you vaped constantly (no breaks) you would drain the eGo batt in about 30 - 40 minutes. In comparison to a regular 510 batt you would drain it in 8 - 10 minutes.
Perhaps but someone who didn't seem to have a life figured it out at 27 minutes max, how you used those 27 minutes was up to the vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread