Ego Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

grolff

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Atlanta, Ga
Has anyone noticed two different types of battery casings from Joye. One has a rubberized button that lights up and the has a silver metal end that is slightly smaller in diameter than the battery and a "ring" led around the casing.

Does anyone know which of those is the newer model? Also whats your opinion on how they work. The ones with the rubberized button seem to be working way better for me. I have also discovered that the rubberized button ones stay on for as long as I hold button and the others ones flash the led after 7 or 8 seconds and turn off.

grolff

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Atlanta, Ga
type I - ruberized button
Riva_Ego_Black_Battery.jpg

type II battery - turn off if you hold it down too long
e7e0adb9fca6fc61fd895ee644ca5afd.image.260x260.jpg

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
There's ALOT of different eGo style brands. The eGo was the 1st made, then other companies did their own spin-offs of it. They all perform about the same.

Joye eGo is the OEM. and Riva isn't far behind other than it having a goldish band and more rubberized button.

Anywho, there's the eGo, Riva, eCo, Tornado, T-Rex, SLB eGo, and so on and so on. As far as price the Riva is cheapest, then the eGo and then up the chain the more modified they are.

grolff

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Atlanta, Ga
so this is more than re-branding, its actual modification of the original ego product. and joyetech allows this i assume. and joyetech makes these modifications for them or there allowed to do it themselves? very confusing for the consumer, cause you got tons of people doing simple re-branding and then you have people making modifications as well. i bought my ego from *deleted* of course now i am finding out it was actually a riva. kinda confusing when its listed on the site as Riva (eGo). I assumed its was just an eGo rebranded as a Riva. I just like to know what I am buying is all.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
i bought my ego from *deleted* of course now i am finding out it was actually a riva. kinda confusing when its listed on the site as Riva (eGo). I assumed its was just an eGo rebranded as a Riva.

The same thing happened to me and I had been posting all over the place saying how much I loved my eGo, when I actually had a Riva the entire time! It doesn't make me love it any less, and now that I actually own Genuine Joye eGo 900mah's, there's just that much more for me to love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread