efake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparse

Jul 13, 2014
United States
Hi everyone, I'm new here and new to vaping. I've been off cigarettes for about 3 weeks now; so, hooray! I started with a few disposables, bought a no-name pen device at a local vape store and then ordered an emini after reading about them here. The seller I purchased it from was someone I learned about on this site, in fact. The owner and I exchanged a few emails back and forth he seemed really nice.

After getting my emini though, I was pretty disappointed. Granted, I do not have a lot of experience, but I think the emini has a fairly hard draw. Sometimes, I have to draw really hard to get the battery to switch on. I'm also not sure it's really getting hot enough. I like nicotine a lot, and want to make sure it gets hot enough to vaporize the hell of it. Everyone here though seems to say that the emini gets plenty hot and it has a really easy draw.

I've started thinking that the one I was sent is a counterfeit and I'm asking for some help from you guys so that I can figure it out for sure. My emini does not have a serial number sticker on the box. I know that the eroll devices do have one, but I don't know if the emini branded ones are supposed to have it or not. If you have one, could you tell me if it has a serial number?

Also, I noticed in a youtube review something else that looks suspicious. On my device, the air hole and the little dimple on the cone do not line up, but it looked like they did in the review I saw. On a legit device, are they supposed to line up?

I appreciate any feedback. I'd like to figure it out for sure before initiating a chargeback with my credit card and posting a negative review of the seller. I certainly do not want to do that if my device is legit and I'm just having new-user problems. Thanks everyone.

sparse

Jul 13, 2014
United States
photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 68
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 72
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 68
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
The notch/air hole line up is the same on my Eroll batts as your Emini. Each of my 3 Eroll kits has a serial number sticker on the bottom of the box but not on the PCCs inside. Really doesn't make financial/manufacturing sense to put it on the PCC... not to me anyway. Not Emini so hope that helps. Check your box.

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I have several eRoll kits and multiple extra batteries.
(Joytech tho, not the Ovale)
Some of them are like trying to suck a milkshake through a coffee stirrer !
My air holes and tabs don't line up either.

But I love these little things !

Sounds like you have "normal" gear :)

ccm2000

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
California
... I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me if the emini is supposed to have a serial number or not. Also, does the text on the back of my PCC look like the text on the back of yours?

I recently bought a black emini and it did not have a serial number like the eRolls have. The holes do not match up when latched either. From the pictures you posted, it looks authentic but the back side of my PCC says.."Technically Supported by OVALE. Manufactured by JOYETECH Co. Ltd. Distributed by OVALE, Made in China"
Sometimes the atomizer heads and tanks are wonky so if you change out the atomizer head and tank, you may get a better draw. And of course, don't cover the air hole on the battery by mistake.

sparse

Jul 13, 2014
United States
I noticed that on mine too, that it has two fewer rows of text on the back than the official ones. This week, I ordered a replacement battery, cone and tank directly from ovale and received it yesterday. I have confirmed that the one I learned about on this site as on sale for $35 is definitely fake---at least the one they sent me is. The battery is way weaker on the fake one and draws totally differently. The official ovale actually does draw similarly to a cigarette. It's actually great.

I will post pics later of my fake atomizer too. It says "ovale" on it, but the text is printed in a different place on the atomizer than on the official one. I have read here about people frequently getting atomizers that are wonky/that they don't all work the same. There's a high probability that those people are getting fakes without realizing it and that's why they can note the difference in performance. My fake one works terribly in comparison to the official one.

If you hold the fake battery in one hand and the official one in the other, the official one is noticeably heavier. The metal on the battery also looks cheaper on the fake one and the logo is very slightly off/a different size. If you place them side by side, they are different shades of white as well. the fake one looks slightly grey in comparison. the fake atomizer looks almost exactly like the official one, sans the marking of the logo.

Side note: I also ordered an elips-c and got that yesterday too. It's even better than the eroll for those who are curious. I got it in black and its totally the perfect stealth device. It feels really good in your hand and doesn't get hot either. It's designed really well and is shorter and thinner than my iphone. i love it.

I recently bought a black emini and it did not have a serial number like the eRolls have. The holes do not match up when latched either. From the pictures you posted, it looks authentic but the back side of my PCC says.."Technically Supported by OVALE. Manufactured by JOYETECH Co. Ltd. Distributed by OVALE, Made in China"
Sometimes the atomizer heads and tanks are wonky so if you change out the atomizer head and tank, you may get a better draw. And of course, don't cover the air hole on the battery by mistake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread