eCigMods - Vapezilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmenace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2010
North West England
I am so interested in this. There's been one good video review so far, one negative & someone who refused to say anything and then disappeared. I'd like to hear from a few people how the suck-it juicing system works for them.
Price-wise, xe.com tells me it's about the same as a v3 Janty stick...very interested indeed...

Are any of those 30 or so...you know the A thru blah bla close to being done? So others not fast enough to make that group have some rough date to hope for. After all they would be more likely not to want to wait much longer. Thanks

23 are done. I was prepped to ship 7-18 Saturday, but I have held off on shipping due to the epoxy incident. I wanted to clarify with everyone before I shipped out. Almost all of the rest of the first round are finished, except for mounting the atomizer and USB port. I want to know everyone preference for epoxy before I can finish them. I don't want another angry customer. :)

I'll have the last 8 done in the next few days... but need to know epoxy preference.

Craig

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
23 are done. I was prepped to ship 7-18 Saturday, but I have held off on shipping due to the epoxy incident. I wanted to clarify with everyone before I shipped out. Almost all of the rest of the first round are finished, except for mounting the atomizer and USB port. I want to know everyone preference for epoxy before I can finish them. I don't want another angry customer. :)

I'll have the last 8 done in the next few days... but need to know epoxy preference.

Craig

Thanks that answers most of my question....I realize the rest was unfair and not realistic to ask of you...BUT just promise whenever that first batch is done completely that you will attached a numbered list to names to the 2nd group as you did the first group. With whats all going on were not feeling cheated or lied to (because we were told/promised nothing lol) more like we are in a blackhole. I understand the first group is a priority and should be but the 2nd group has also sent money and any bit of info...any bone you can throw our way would be appreciated whenever that is possible, :)

UPDATE:

First off, I'd like to state that no matter what you say to me, I don't take personally. I love this community, and have done a great deal to build a reputation. I understand that a few mods going out is all it takes to kill my rep, but I am going to work hard to rebuild that trust. I have great ideas, a lot of spare time, and the need to please.
I will continue to make creations. Some people are going to like... some people will not. I can accept that... but can you? Stop making this something personal when it is not. I have not screwed you... I have not stolen your money... I *have* made mistakes... and I am right here trying to take care of them... even though people are being totally rude and degrading to me.

Due to the epoxy issues, and a few other problem, I have made changes to the design of the unit that should elimiate these problems. I was contacted by someone that suggested that I look for Grommets to use for the atomizer area. I've found some that will work and I will be implementing them into the last third of the first round, and all of the second round. This gets rid of the white epoxy and allows clear to be used more efficiently.

The usb problem has been solved. I was not aware that epoxy expanded slightly as it hardens... It appears that the wires soldered to the USB jack popped apart due to the complete hardening of the epoxy. This explains why they were tested working before shipping, while the epoxy was still soft... and now 5 have been reported as bad.

The USB jacks are being redesigned to fit in the box differently, so that it doesn't stick out as much, therefore will not require the white epoxy.

Also... I thought I mentioned this before... not all atomizers will fit. As much as I'd like to believe machines are perfect, they are not all assembled 100% identical. I've tested 4 bauway atomizers... and 3 of the 4 would fit... the 4th wouldn't screw down at all. I also tested SLB atty's and they had the same issue, but with better luck (go figure they have been around longer so their manufacturing process is much more precise) only 1 in 6 that I tested wouldn't fit. It is not a flaw in the design... just a variation in the atomizers. If one atty doesn't fit, try another! :)

People have been complaining about the glue on the battery post. This is *not* glue. It is the side plastic pieces that hold the post into place. Unfortunately, the batteries are not long enough to make a connection to the terminal without cutting or melting it away... or so I thought. I tried cutting them, and the terminal would wiggle loose and cause problems. Melting it with the soldering iron seemed the best choice to keep the terminal in place. Look at your batteries... if you have one of the short wide post batteries, you can see why it wont reach. Since its wider, its more likely to hit plastic on the sides of the post. Most people like to customize their mods to the batteries they get. Thats why we don't clip springs, and why we left more of the plastic around the terminal. I found a new way to do this, so its cleaner, but it will still prevent some batteries from being able to touch the terminal due to the size/shape of the post on the battery itself.

I'll be adding some pics to the site today so you can see what I'm talking about.

As far as the concerns about "scuffs/scratches" on the units... they are hand made... scuffing and scratching is going to happen on plastic. Its a *soft* material! Not to mention that a lot are on these when I pull them out of the package. I have pictures that I will be posting of a brand new one right out of the packaging that is scuffed and scratched and melted from the manufacturing process. If its minor, and its mostly inside the enclosure, I still make it. The whole idea behind this mod was *what* it could do, not what it looked like.

We are offering free repairs on these units, or *ANY* unit that has problems. We are still here, and we are backing our product. If you aren't happy, and you want an exchange for anything, please let me know. I will do my best to please you.

Please don't ask me when "your box" is going out... I'm done being rushed. You *will* get your box... and it *will* be in the order that it was purchased. I'm going to do these right... and if you don't like that its taking a little bit longer than I expected... exchange it for something else, or dispute the charge and take it out of my PayPal balance that I can't touch.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long winded message. :)

Craig

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Craig,
I just received my Vapezilla. I'd like to give this a fair try but there are no instructions with it. I think I remember seeing instructions posted somewhere but can't find them. For example, how to open it to put the juice bottle in. Which switch is for voltage and which is for the USB. I also don't remember what function the USB serves. Is it just to use as a passthru or does it charge the batts. Let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread