Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ive been on other forums and while it can be a little petty here but, when there are no civility rules the forum gets taken over buy crude and immature behavior IMO. So compared to those with out such rules I prefer here.

Agreed but I still don't understand my first infraction thingee. I used a run of varied punctuation marks to express an expletive - a standard journalistic practice - rather that use the words I really wanted to. I did it on purpose because I knew the "bad words" rule. And I got one of those "Evading forum censor to use offensive language" dings. So I was infracted for censoring myself in order to comply with the rules? :blink:

And yet we have this => :censored: in the smilies?

I just learned to use bigger words instead.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Agreed but I still don't understand my first infraction thingee. I used a run of varied punctuation marks to express an expletive - a standard journalistic practice - rather that use the words I really wanted to. I did it on purpose because I knew the "bad words" rule. And I got one of those "Evading forum censor to use offensive language" dings. So I was infracted for censoring myself in order to comply with the rules? :blink:

And yet we have this => :censored: in the smilies?

I just learned to use bigger words instead.

That's just a full vehicular limit of bovine fecal material there it is!

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Maybe you will. I used to be skinny til I started vaping. I have put on 20 lbs and I sure don't want to vape roast beef. I do it the old fashioned way, I eat it.

I'm hoping for the other way, if I feel like eating, I'll vape food and try to waste away... or is that waist away? Either way, I need to reduce my wasted waist!

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Hmmm lets see.

I earned a week in the sin bin for getting into it with another very outspoken member here on the forums.

Got called out for warning people away from a Provari being sold in Joisey....after the floods.

and have received a few warnings for my blunt nature.

I dont envy the mods their jobs one bit and am glad they are here even if we do sometimes have a difference of opinion.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
That's just a full vehicular limit of bovine fecal material there it is!

Isn't it amazing how creative one can get when avoiding the censor? I actually think that these rules cause us to think more about how to say what we would really like to say, in a manner that doesn't offend ..... delicate sensibilities :laugh:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Well this has derailed, and fun has been had, so....

pick one:
rk3rJ3k.png

And remember...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

9. Flaming, trolling, other misconduct
a. These are not permitted -
  • Flaming (insults).
  • Criticising or complaining about a Moderator, or how the site is run, except via PM (private message).
  • Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content.
  • Posting of vulgar videos.
  • Obscene or vulgar language.
  • Trying to place offensive text in a post by evading the forum's built-in word censor, using symbols or alternative letters for example.
  • Multiple identities/accounts - this also applies to Facebookers. Each member is allowed only one account on the ECF Forums.
  • Improper solicitation of goods, services, or monies from suppliers or other members. ECF is a "no begging zone".
  • Trolling (includes but is not restricted to:
  • Flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in multiple posts.
  • Deliberately posting something which is against our forum rules.
  • Spamming for post count is against the rules.
  • Posting something deliberately inflammatory - either to start a "flame war" or simply to cause difficulties for the Moderators.
  • Posting snide comments about another member.
  • Posting repeated criticism of Moderators or their moderation activities.
  • Engaging in behaviour which is disruptive to the general operation of the Forum.
  • Comments that insult people on the basis of their sexual orientation, religion, race, nationality, or country of origin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread