Easy DIY Stealth Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
so i have been looking for a good stealth mod for some time now but had a few things i was looking for in one.
i wanted to be able to use vivi's and carto tanks with it but wanted the tank to run along the the side of the battery so it would be sort and wide instead of just long like all my other kits,you know something i can just palm.

i found lots of nice looking mods that would probably be ok for stealth use but all had one or more things i did not want like bottom feeders that use kind of expensive attys,and some were just way to expensive at prices like $299

so i started a few of my own mods for stealth use this is the first finished one(well the aluminum still needs to be polished)
and this one should be easy for some people to replicate so i thought i would post it and maybe help someone out who is looking for the same thing.

basically all i did was pop the top cap (510 connector and button part) off the battery on a 650 pass-through ego then cut the red and black wire and solder in an extra 1/2 inch of wire so they were a bit longer.
then cut a small block of aluminum i had around to make the base and drilled one hole .530 wide and a 1/4 inch deep and one .550 wide and 1/4 deep and then used a dremel to grind a small path between the two for the wire to pass through.
then used a soft blow hammer and taped in the battery to the .550 hole and the 510 and button part into the .530 hole with the button facing out and thats it it is done.

now im guessing you could use some wood for this instead of aluminum and might make it alot easier to do but i would stick to useing a pass-through battery so you can charge it without having to mod a charger to work with it:)

here is how mine came out, it works great and is about 3 inches long and little over a inch wide.
stealth.jpg

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
I have been thinking of doing something similar to this. I have been wanting to cut the length down on some of my mods. I used to build 14500 box mods with a recessed atty connectors to make them really short. I used to love the stealthy-ness of them. I just got tired of battery drain and went to more conventional VV mods. I was even thinking of making something like this that would screw onto the top of a Provari and turn the mod upside down but the button placement kind of threw the idea off.

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
yea the other one im working on is using a oak wood body with aluminum front and rear covers with the guts of a vamo that will use a 18650 battery and fit a normal vivi nova tank inside,so far i have the main box built and covers cut just have to smooth out some edges no both but im kind of procrastinating because i ordered two of the vision VV(vamo) but like them so much im not sure i want to take one apart now lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread