Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool (VERY INTERESTING)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
So, I thought I'd post about this because I find it VERY interesting and was curious as to the feedback I'd receive. If the mod(s) think this should be moved to the health section feel free, I didn't post there because it's not very active.

I have other Dyson's, but they are just heaters/fans, this is my first machine with a built in purifier as well. I set the unit up last night and turned it on, immediately the AQ in here was in the "SEVERE" range :eek:. My machine has a LCD screen on it so you can see everything in real time, it also has an app you can follow as well. After a while of not vaping, the AQ dropped into the "very good" category. As soon as I took a drag (within a matter of a few seconds), as soon as the vapor hit the filter area of the machine, the graph on the LCD screen jumped right back up into the "SEVERE" category again. :vapor:

Also, the heater doesn't work very well like my other machines do, I have it set to AUTO (the fan seems to always like to run at full speed which I don't like) and when the machine detects the temperature has been reached, it kicks off the heat but then continues the purifier from the back side of the unit, which blows out barely look warm air and cools the room down again so it's defeating the heating purpose of the machine. I'm very irritated with this and might return it.

As far as the AQ goes though, I was wondering what anyone thinks about the machine detecting vapor as "bad AQ?"

Thanks (I've attached a screenshot of the app so you can see the graph and how it JUMPED!

IMG_2590.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread