• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Dyslexic, ADHD, OCD vaper thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
My pop told me I was left handed when I entered kindergarten. Apparently they succeeded in making me right handed. In 3rd grade they said my sloppy handwriting showed ADHD. In high school they said my drug use was due to OCD. The college entrance exam said I was dislexic.

At 55 I'm deemed the most normal person in my office. I tell them between the OCD voices, ADHD multi-task ability, dislexia causing the backward to seem correct, being a right handed lefty and a dash of rain man built in I have no idea how to be like all those lemmings.

Life is good.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Meh, I have diagnosed anxiety, pseudodepression (frontal lobe lesion), dain bramage (TBI) and I'm blind in one eye lol. Yellow pill-poppin three or four times a day, babay! :toast:

Oh! I wear different color/patterned socks... but only in the winter. Figure that out!

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
They told me I was autistic when I had trouble socializing in junior high. Looking back, I'd say I was introverted, idealistic, and meticulous. Junior high kids are not the greatest of company for someone like that. Life got easier after graduation.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
One evening at 36 years old I took a college entrance test to see how I qualify for a computer class.

It was math and English.
Math was multiple choice questions using formulas I use at work. I scored Rocket Scientist on that one.
English was a partial sentence with two choices how to complete it. A or B, whichever has the correct grammer. I picked the answer that made to most sense to me.
The instructor said I had a 4th grade reading level. Yet at my work I proof read legal documents often.
The test questions in many cases had no correct answer to me but I followed instructions and chose the one that made more sense, grammer wise…… at least to me anyway.

She said "you are dislexic so you can re-take the test using the handicap version. I replied "so let me get this straight, if I want to apply for a bank president job they should issue me a handicap version of the Application?" "Well no" she said. I replied "no thanks, I'll compete with the world on their terms". She stated it was not a good idea to take the class without a bunch of English courses. I said "lady take my money for the computer class please".

I scored a 99% for the semester and never went back to that school.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I did not get diagnosed with anything (including ADHD but I had it) until my 20s. I had the kind of manic episode you sort of can't ignore. I have been on a BUNCH of medications and some of them required me giving up a LOT.

I am a LOT less disorganized than I used to be, and I can screw on lids successfully and you know, close doors.

The toughest for me was the depression part of bipolar. That required TRYING EVERY OTHER DRUG (that part sucked too) and then finally trading in both my teeth and my manual dexterity (although that has ALSO recently improved due to taking a med I never thought I would, that fixed my tremor A LOT, and has been totally worth it) to take lithium. I have not been suicidal since Lithium.

Dentures are no fun, neither is living through 6 months of suicidal depression every year.

IDK what this has to do with vaping other than my tremor made rebuilding harder but I managed.

If it's some sort of "woo hoo" where are the mentally ill in the community, I can raise my hand.

I regret ZERO drug I have tried, because they all brought me to NOW, which is pretty AWESOMME.

I don't regret much I am a HAPPY Camper to the Nth degree, although I complain and moan sometimes. I am human.

Anna

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
A typical day at my job lately involves office duty. A warehouse sized office where once you type in your code to get in the door you enter a maze of aisles that lead to a sea of cubicles. It's like a Wal Mart sized office with row after row of cubicles. Now as a rule my role is outdoors away from the city where to office is located. So when laying out the facility one of the cubicle spaces in the center had to have a big ole pier in the middle. Being I'm usually gone that cubicle seemed like the logical place to assign to the guy always gone. That means 30% less area to work, 1/3 less desk area and a freaking pier to bump into anytime I swivel around or back up my chair. Something that would drive a normal person to go postal.

Well right now there is a project going that I'm assigned to and my duty is records keeper on this one. The client is negotiating the procurement of an office building for me to set up shop in. So for now it is what it is. Meanwhile I'm in training for a promotion. Also meanwhile I'm training a greenhorn. Also meanwhile I'm performing tasks that the big boss does whenever she is in the office. And since I have nothing better to do I'm assigned closing out records of two other projects.

So here goes: A typical day of ADHD plethora of ever changing assignments involves the answering emails of a client requesting instant answers to a situation that requires research for an accurate response. The site(s) where I research were updated an all old links are broken. Great! New guy approaches with a question. A procedural question that requires a thorough explanation. I pause and explain where the answers can be found in manuals X, Y, or Z.

New guy has something to do for a few hours while he reads said manuals. I hear a voice 2 rows of cubicles away asking if I'd finished records of project #3. "no sir" is my reply. I hear "can you get on that this morning?" "Sure thing" is my reply. Big boss sends email requesting a spread sheet be updated by 10 o'clock for a meeting she has. It's 9:30. I open said spread sheet to find the company has changed their proprietary spread sheet software overnight. Great. Relearn the software, again.

By now a normal persons BP would be spiking. My ADHD brain is thinking "cool". At 10 the spread sheet was updated and sent, the project 3 records are spread out on my limited desk space and new guy has found the answers he sought. Time to sneak a few puffs off my vape stick. Also time to refill my glass of ice water and take a quick stroll to the mens room a football field away.

Emails from my project begin to arrive with things to e-file, read and print. Where's new guy I ponder. He is my print guy. By now it's 11:30 and my tummy is growling for lunch. I write a list of tasks to get done by 5 so my ADHD can sort it out while I eat lunch. But with 30 minutes until lunch, I sort out records spread out on the desk. My ADHD allows a system of categories to pile folders in. Later it is just a matter of alphabetical order. But my dislexia is at work so I stack them Z to A, which allows inserting them back to font later on. See?

Return from lunch and see my limited desk space is full. OCD says no way this will remain and I start filling up a bankers box with folders about the time new guy drops off a 6" pile of printed stuff to be sorted and filed. He asks "what's next?" More emails arrive looking for answers from the new boss in training, me. I send new guy off to a location to take some photos of an upcoming assignment so we have "before the giant Tonka toys moved in and began destroying things" records. We inspect road widening or building and its important to have 'before' photos in case some adjacent property owner says we broke a mailbox that was already broken before we arrived or to show the enviro-nazis the wetland was properly flagged with yellow caution tape before work began.

Oh, I replaced a record keeper who was supposed to have already built a system of records for me to add to only to discover he had not. So I discover in the first few days of my new assignment I'm about 30 days behind because he was 30 days behind. But my usual role involves cleaning up messes anyway so that's no big deal after being the clean up guy for 20+ years.

Go to ease back in chair but bump into the stupid pier. Take a few puffs from my vape stick all Stealth-like. Celphone rings. It's the wife asking what I want for supper but a floor above us is a government agency that at times jams celphone signals. Wife wants to chat. Great. Go outdoors to chat about, oh the trash man was late or the dog ate my flashlight etc. Meanwhile more emails from the client arrive while I'm outside. Get back indoors and that guy everybody wonders what he actually gets paid to do wants to chat about a lasagne his wife cooked last Saturday. I check off items from my list since the OCD requires at least half be done by 5. Homie soon understands that I'm not real excited to hear how many cups of water it took to boil the noodles of said lasagne and walks away to find somebody 3 rows over to chat with.

As I hear the din of people chit chatting about running a marathon, their first date with a new beau, their vacation or other typical experiences I'm seemingly up to my eyeballs in work and getting further behind by the minute. Yet somehow I manage to blurt out a quip of some sort on a subject someone 6 rows away was chatting about and hear a sea of laughter. And someone whispers loudly "that quiet guy sure is funny sometimes". New guy approaches and says "how do you keep up?" I respond "I just do things in the order the voices tell me to and it works out". He asks "got anything for me to do?" I respond "yeah, go to the break room and read the sports page, you've done enough today".

At 4:30 on the dot my OCD says its time to clean up. The ADHD thing has allowed me to complete 90% of todays list but the plethora of emails means a full roster for tomorrow. My dislexia ensures everything right to left and left to right on my desk has been placed in its proper spot by 4:45 and the computer screen is blank from being turned off by 4:50. It takes the thing a few minutes to shut down.

Hey, I've got ten minutes to spare. Ease back in chair, bump into pier again and decide to rearrange my cubicle space to gain 63 more millimeters of work area and it's 5:00. If I stack my differing color sticky note pads in a line the stapler can set on that. Twist the hole puncher 90 degrees and free up more space. Slide the pocket calculator under the tape dispenser and free up even more square inches. I now have room for a coaster for my sweaty glass of ice water to set on. Take more stealth puffs from my vape in celebration.

I got more done than 5 people who have more room to work and more time to do it. On the way out the door I pour my remaining half glass of water on an office plant and hope I don't get stuck in traffic on the way home. Get stuck on the interstate. That drives most people nuts. To me that just means more time listening to the music I chose that morning and allows the combination of disorders in my brain to sort out all the things I didn't get done today to comprise a plan for tomorrow. A plan that will likely be completely rearranged in the first 30 minutes of the day tomorrow. Great.

Get home and wife says "how was work?" as the dogs all compete for attention as if to say "it's that guy, he came back, this is the greatest day EVER!!!" I reply "eh, same ole same ole".

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
A typical day at my job lately involves office duty. A warehouse sized office where once you type in your code to get in the door you enter a maze of aisle that lead to a sea of cubicles. Now as a rule my role is outdoors away from the city where to office is located. So when laying out the facility one of the cubicle spaces in the center had to have a big ole pier in the middle. Being I'm usually gone that cubicle seemed like the logical place to assign to the guy always gone. That means 30% less area to work, 1/3 less desk area and a freaking pier to bump into anything I swivel around or back up my chair. Something that would drive a normal person to go postal.

Well right now there is a project going that I'm assigned to and my duty is records keeper on this one. The client is negotiating the procurement of an office building for me to set up shop in. So for now it is what it is. Meanwhile I'm in training for a promotion. Also meanwhile I'm training a greenhorn. Also meanwhile I'm performing tasks that the big boss does whenever she is in the office. And since I have nothing better to do I'm assigned closing out records of two other projects.

So here goes: A typical day of ADHD plethora of ever changing assignments involves the answering emails of a client requesting instant answers to a situation that requires research for an accurate response. The site(s) where I research were updated an all old links are broken. Great! New guy approaches with a question. A procedural question that requires a thorough explanation. I pause and explain where the answers can be found in manuals X, Y, or Z.

New guy has something to do for a few hours while he reads said manuals. I hear a voice 2 rows of cubicles away asking if I'd finished records of project #3. "no sir" is my reply. I hear "can you get on that this morning?" "Sure thing" is my reply. Big boss sends email requesting a spread sheet be updated by 10 o'clock for a meeting she has. It's 9:30. I open said spread sheet to find the company has changed their proprietary spread sheet software overnight. Great. Relearn the software, again.

By now a normal persons BP would be spiking. My ADHD brain is thinking "cool". At 10 the spread sheet was updated and sent, the project 3 records are spread out on my limited desk space and new guy has found the answers he sought. Time to sneak a few puffs off my vape stick. Also time to refill my glass of ice water and take a quick stroll to the mens room a football field away.

Emails from my project begin to arrive with things to e-file, read and print. Where's new guy I ponder. He is my print guy. By now it's 11:30 and my tummy is growling for lunch. I write a list of tasks to get done by 5 so my ADHD can sort it out while I eat lunch. But with 30 minutes until I sort out records spread out on the desk. My ADHD allows a system of categories to pile folders in. Later it is just a matter of alphabetical order. But my dislexia is at work so I stack them Z to A, which allows inserting them back to font later on. See?

Return from lunch and see my limited desk space is full. OCD says no way this will remain and I start filling up a bankers box with folders about the time new guy drops off a 6" pile of printed stuff to be sorted and filed. He asks "what's next?" More emails arrive looking for answers from the new boss in training, me. I send new guy off to a location to take some photos of an upcoming assignment so we have "before the giant Tonka toys moved in and began destroying things" records.

Go to ease back in chair but bump into the stupid pier. Take a few puffs from my vape stick all Stealth-like. Celphone rings. It's the wife asking what I want for supper but a floor above us is a government agency that at times jams celphone signals. Wife wants to chat. Great. Go outdoors to chat about, oh the trash man was late or the dog ate my flashlight etc. Meanwhile more emails from the client arrive while I'm outside. Get back indoors and that guy everybody wonders what he actually gets paid to do wants to chat about a lasagne his wife cooked last Saturday. I check off items from my list since the OCD requires at least half be done by 5. Homie soon understands that I'm not real excited to hear how many cups of water it took to boil the noodles of said lasagne and walks away to find somebody 3 rows over to chat with.

As I hear the din of people chit chatting about running a marathon, their first date with a new beau, their vacation or other typical experiences I'm seemingly up to my eyeballs in work and getting further behind by the minute. Yet somehow I manage to blurt out a quip of some sort on a subject someone 6 rows away was chatting about and hear a sea of laughter. And someone whispers loudly "that quiet guy sure is funny sometimes". New guy approaches and says "how do you keep up?" I respond "I just do things in the order the voices tell me to and it works out". He asks "got anything for me to do?" I respond "yeah, go to the break room and read the sports page, you've done enough today".

At 4:30 on the dot my OCD says its time to clean up. The ADHD thing has allowed me to complete 90% of todays list but the plethora of emails means a full roster for tomorrow. My dislexia ensures everything right to left and left to right on my desk has been placed in its proper spot by 4:45 and the computer screen is blank from being turned off by 4:50. It takes the thing a few minutes to shut down.
Hey, I've got ten minutes to spare. Ease back in chair, bump into pier again and decide to rearrange my cubicle space to gain 63 more millimeters of work area and it's 5:00.

I got more done than 5 people who have more room to work and more time to do it. On the way out the door I pour my remaining half glass of water on an office plant and hope I don't get stuck in traffic on the way home. Get stuck on the interstate. That drives most people nuts. To me that just means more time listening to the music I chose that morning and allows the combination of disorders in my brain to sort out all the things I didn't get done today to comprise a plan for tomorrow. A plan that will likely be completely rearranged in the first 30 minutes of the day tomorrow. Great.

Get home and wife says "how was work?" as the dogs all compete for attention as if to say "it's that guy, he came back, this is the greatest day EVER!!!" I reply "eh, same ole same ole".
My ADHD lost you about half way through, but my OCD will be back in half an hour to finish.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thank God for HIPPA.

My day involved helping people then writing down what I did for billing purposes.

You are welcome because if I did say ALL I did, I would still be here tomorrow.

My IMPULSIVE ADHD got me to buy the computer, they can transfer my Office 365 I am SUPER HAPPY.

The guy even told me my el cheapo Lenovo was my best bet, even when I was like "I guess I have 50 bucks more to spare" he was like, NOPE you have selected your best option for what YOU need (he was like, this chick is NOT a gamer.) LOL though, unless they say that to everyone I feel.... validated.

Anna

• Winner
Reactions: HigherStateD

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Sorry about that. I try to keep paragraphs short in case someone with ADHD is reading it. But my OCD tends to make them too long for that.

Dislexia tends to cause the order of things to move around, which may help the ADHD reader, yet causes the OCD voices to yell out "METHOD TO THE MADNESS, PLEASE"
It wasn't so much the wall o text, which happens irrespective of paragraphing on a cell phone with a 5x magnifier due to low vision, my issue was holding both up with an arm that had been used to carry a cat 2.3 miles this morning to be vetted.

Good read though. My ADD followed it quite well.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm selling this computer on craigslist for 20 bucks if need be. Because some kid came by as I was reading the like, NINE MONTHS thread but I felt all guilty (it had free and reduced food I would never eat offers) and I was like, "GAH be a PART of the community Anna." I might even attend a game now.

But I am DONE except for coils and NIC. Believe me when I say I will be fine. I'm gonna pay off the rest of my debt in on year, and get a mortgage on my self sufficient house in the wilds of mostly nowhere that is gonna have nic AND generators AND solar panels and other stuff.

I will make it a challenge. HOW much extra can I pay off each month? And just do it. DO IT DO IT.

OH god.

Anna

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
At the grocery store checkout the other day my dislexia became dislexic. I wanted to put heavy and cold stuff in the cart first. The check out clerk starts handing me full bags as she loaded them. They were lightweight.

She saw the puzzled look on my face and said to my wife with a grin that she was loading the bags in the order I had placed them on the counter. Mrs States looks at her and says "I know……his dislexia is dislexic today" and starts pulling the lightweight stuff out to make room for the heavy stuff.
Doh!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's okay my ADHD/inability to synch my work messages on my phone caused me to be late to a meeting and like, I locked my keys in the ignition which I was GLAD to not know about because I was rather confident and self possessed during the meeting. But, then I roasted in the hot, noon day sun for 45 minutes until a locksmith showed up and unlocked (my already unlocked) passenger side door.

He rather (insultingly in my opinion) asked me if I realized it was unlocked. This was after he asked me if I "Did this often?" IDK if he was making conversation or not, but I was like, "Often enough that I'm about ready to ask where you BOUGHT those tools." and he said they were classified as "Burglary tools" and I could get a felony from using them off my property (which seems unfair but they wouldn't fit in my purse, anyway) and I was then like, "Yes, I absolutely knew it was unlocked I do this all the time leave myself a way to get INTO a car and then sit for 45 minutes waiting to pay locksmiths to unlock a door that is already OPEN so that would be a HARD NO I did not realize it was unlocked."

I did ask why he did not TELL me but he said he "doesn't know every single car" or whatever. I did get a "This chick is unbearably dopey" 20 dollar discount which I was grateful to get.

My self esteem suffered a bit, yea.

Anna

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The other day I saw a claw hammer laying on the side of the road. I pondered that I do not have a claw hammer in the tool bag of my work truck. I work around road construction or rehab so I find tools pretty often and my bag of found on the road tools probably weighs 40 pounds…but no claw hammer.

I was going 55 when I saw it so in about 3 seconds most would have moved on about it since they would be 3 football fields past it. But the ocd voices caused me to take the next exit, and go back. Ten minutes later I was back where the hammer was laying and another fellow was getting back into his truck with my hammer.
What?! That's my hammer, I found it first I thought. I did talk the ocd voices down from demanding I chase after the guy and take my hammer from him. I concluded it may have been his hammer to start with or perhaps he too had ocd voices making him go back and grab it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I accidentally ran out of one of my meds. It has happened only ONCE before in my life, when I forgot to bring my bottle on a camping trip and it got so bad I made the husband drive back in the middle of the night. Worst camping trip EVER.

THEN, I did not CONSIDER that my local CVS would shut at 6 pm on a SATURDAY. I was all like "I'm sure it's 8 or 9."

It wasn't. It has now been recognized as the kind of medication (the first time was all like, "You are being a special snowflake Anna" and I was like, "Cool I want to melt, I want to die. Hurry up."

So there I was no med and now it has a recognized "discontinuation syndrome" including repeat puking and cardiac events.

I decided to hit me with some extra Valium, I mean that med got housewives through the FIFTIES, so I figured....

I did sleep mostly I did sleep walk, I did not sleep phone anyone and I DID get my meds like first thing this morning and took some. AFTER waiting in line for a long time for the drive through and getting well CHARGED for Seroquel, but there was none in my bag. I interrupted the HUGE line of people also waiting and hit the button a ton of times as well as tapping on the GLASS. IN my bathrobe dentures, and no teeth. I did not care.

The chick was all "OH, I was gonna call you!" I was like "GIVE it HERE. Now."
You do what you have to.

I have decide to (Try) to be a better person, I do NOT want to be left behind, having to deal with the whole med issue. I think I'd rather die, and go to purgatory even.

Boring. I could do with a nice stretch.

Anna

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
At my work it involves records keeping for a road widen project where a narrow country road is now a shortcut for ten thousand motorists traveling to and from an industrial complex. I keep records of materials used by the contractor to build the road and ensure they are from sources approved to be used by a state government or the local government like gravel, fire hydrants, striping paint etc because we build them to (supposedly) last 50 years if all goes correctly.
Another aspect is keeping up with emails, schedules, various logs of events, decisions to change procedures by various bosses, and so on. It's the sort of role that requires a record keeper to perform varying tasks that can become over whelming if not kept on a schedule. And often times bosses seem to assume you have all the time in the world to drop everything and perform some task they don't feel like doing. Nothing unusual for a lot of people yet my bosses do not understand at times why things can become chaotic. I tell them "the voices kept arguing so I fell behind".

Basically I try to have a routine, yet it has to be a very flexible routine due to constant interuptions. Oh, and meanwhile I have a trainee to teach the business to. A young fresh mind who is also learning inter-personal skills thanks to a dumbed down educational system the frowns on reasoning skills.

It's pretty typical to hear "hey you got a minute?" by somebody several times a day or receive an email asking a question that requires hours of research. There goes getting X done today…… so I mark a calender each week with duties I hope to accomplish knowing if I get half of them done it was a good day. The OCD thing requires I get certain things completed each week or I stress all weekend about it

See, the voices caused me to keep about 12 things going at the same time each day and at first that was ok since I assumed this role 3 months into the project, which meant I was three months behind going in. Yet that is why they tasked yours truely with the duty. I'm the company cleanup guy. The ADHD thing allows me to keep several tasks going at the same time.

This week the dyslexia thing paid off. On Thursday I was doing Fridays roles since my brain had gotten it backwards. About an hour before time to leave it occured to me I had been doing Fridays tasks. Thursday is catch up day, or kinda like a floater day where it involves completing the multitude of things begun on Mon, Tues and Wed. Friday is normally the day to ensure the OCD thing is tamped down by starting things I want to finish the following week or finish the list of requests by bosses. As it turns out, on Friday those bosses decided to hunker down in my office and catch up on things they had not completed throughout the week which pretty much means I get their overflow of things to do. This time it was two bosses. Luckily I had already done my Friday stuff.

By having Fridays work caught up the day before I was able to take care of all the crap work they didn't feel like doing or as is often the case they did not know how to. At the same time they got to walk in my shoes for a few hours too. By lunch time they were asking "how do you keep up?" to which I just smiled and said "I don't try to understand all of it because that just slows you down".

At one point one boss asked the other boss "what day did the contractor start doing X on the Project?" Other boss says "um, September?" I opened an e-folder on the subject and said "on August 31st they asked permission to do X, on September 2nd engineer A said it was ok, and on September 10th they began by doing Y and by October 3rd they had completed Z". I heard crickets chirping for about a minute. I broke the silence by saying "it's good to hire the Rain Man".

Yesterday I squashed the OCD thing a little bit by putting on my right shoe first, and it felt great.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I'm glad you all can keep jobs etc and write 'funny' stuff about 'mental illness' that you don't have. Except for stols who always seems to be mildly manic. You know a lot people with bipolar think mild mania is normal because it still feels good...

What's that old song, about being an ......, that's probably me.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So, @Vapntime I'm "mildly manic?" eh? Did you ever play that Commodore 64 game called "Manic Miner?" It was the only video game I truly ever enjoyed, but I was not very good at it.

Oh look! I am using my ADHD to distract me from saying unpleasant things to you about this comment.

There is no mildly manic, doofus. There is this thing called "hypomania" and I think that word is what you want.

Also, my pdoc, whose opinion I trust way more than yours, has not given me a "hypomania" qualifier since lithium (14 years) except for once or twice. I function, I sleep, I probably make more money than you.

I also HATE hypomania, I don't consider it pleasant at ALL, and when my sleep starts to fray the first thing I do is call my pdoc, because I know what comes next-- FULL BLOWN MANIA and a fun trip to the psych unit. Which has also NEVER happened since lithium.

Hass it occurred to you that perhaps I am just funny? I guess not.

Also, I do not take issue with making fun of mental illness. But then again, I have tough skin. I don't care if folks want to invent whatever version of "I am mentally ill" and have fun with it?

I don't need a politically correct "place" for the mentally ill where it is treated all serious like, and folks can't have fun with it. Just like anything, MI ca be tragic and awful, and it can also be hilarious.

Get a grip on y'o self. Really. Also, if you MUST do an internet diagnosis on me DO use the right WORD though it sort of undermines your diagnostic credibility as it were..

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread