Dual coils ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killua086

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Philippines
I tried dual microcoils on my Cyclone atomizer marked around 1.4 ohms but Evic was still having a hard time making the coils glow, i am reaching the 10second cutoff at 11 watt max power and it still wont glow so not enough vapor production..

So dual coils are really not doable for the evic? or maybe i should just use normal coiling methods?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Dual coils yes, 1.4ohm - not so much

Now, is 1.4 your final reading?
2 x 2.8 parallel?
2 x .7 series?
Might be good to try a 1.6ohm end reading setup

Also remember eVic cannot detect that there are 2 coils 11w output = 5.5w per coil

Mechanical Mods do not have regulation (like APV's)and will simple increase output per resistance - often beyond safe limits.

Also, how much liquid is wicking - liquid battles the heating process - like placing heat under a metal plate and pouring water on the top side. a little water=steam, a lot= a warm plate, a whole lot= a cool plate

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sorry to say, you are hitting the 5v wall with the evic the extra push on the Stacked Vamo helps, though Vamo 18650 would do little more than evic.
Remember on any of the devices the unit is only seeing load and that is divided by 2 for coil power. i.e. 11w = 5.5w per coil.
Series may work, don know. If eVic sees 1.6 or so final it may fire. That will hit each coil at read power so be careful.

Honestly eVic is not designed for this type activity, Mech's are.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
I mostly have RDA's on my mods and to be honest with a good single coil you wont miss to much, you will get better performance from a single coil unless you have an unregulated mech, is not by the 5v limitation on the evic a mech would not give you more than 4.2v fully charged its by th 3amp limitation on the evic, VAMO and SVD have a 5amp limt (not sure maybe 4amp) but in stacked mode you will be able to reach the limits that you wont get on a single cell,

eza5e9a3.jpg

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
eVic - on scope - Fresh fully charged AW IMR 18650 = 3.75 amps:)

Vamo(have one) with stacked batteries, will rock the top at high Watts
On 18650, can be dialed to 15w but will not produce anything close. Vamo screen shows Watts requested, not necessarily what it can produce under certain conditions.
Will, but only slightly out perform eVic due to its amp switch.

EvilRubberDuck

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Yorktown, VA, USA
I'd like to revive this thread and ask a few questions.

I grew tired of my kanger protanks so I decided I would give cartomizers a shot. Never had a carto setup in my 7+ months vaping. Anyway, I found a cheap Smoktech dual cartomizer pyrex tank that comes with a 1.5 ohm dual carto. Would a single coil carto setup been a better idea? I get the idea that I'll probably push my eVic to its limits. But it should vape right? I'm not forgetting something simple and about to explode my head am I?

o_O

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
In my own experience dual coils are not worth the time and effort put into them in most cases. On my RBA's I really didn't get much return on the time invested, however on my IGO-W dual coils work fine, and would seem to be the way to go. Back when I was just starting out I tried dual coiled clearos, but I really could not see any difference in their performance over single coils. On my RBA's it just ate up juice faster, and I really didn't need that. I go through a lot of juice already with just one coil, and I've arrived at the decision that one coil is all I really need on an RBA. For the dripper though dual coils are good.

CaliGrower

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
norcal
my question is this....WHY?....im running AGA T2s and AGIs single coil (waiting on a couple of krakens right now too), silica at around 2.0-2.2 ohms and get clouds right now with 70vg/30pg and super flavor that after about 4 hits it fogs my living room up so much it looks like i have 1/2 dz people smoking regular cigarettes in the room. so my question is what are the advantages of using dual coils/sub ohm setups? heck i run my protank IIs at 2.0 ohms also ( wind my own coils) and its ALMOST , but not quite the same thing. im running evics, vamos, itaste 134s and a couple of home made mechanical mods so i pretty much run the gamut . ive never done any research on the sub ohm stuff and the dual coil setups myself in all the time ive been doing this stuff ( pretty much since the beginning) so forgive me if this sounds like a nOoB question, but if your getting killer vapor and everythings working correctly, whats the point?

Last edited:

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Dual coils yes, 1.4ohm - not so much

Now, is 1.4 your final reading?
2 x 2.8 parallel?
2 x .7 series?
Might be good to try a 1.6ohm end reading setup

Also remember eVic cannot detect that there are 2 coils 11w output = 5.5w per coil

What would change from 1.4 ohm to 1.6 ohm?

I've personally used my evic with single coil 1.3 ohm device...worked fine.

Is there some math I'm not seeing for dual coils at 1.6 ohm? Just curious

Sent using my typewriter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread