DUAL cartomizer adapter? HUH? I need this. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZW99GT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
DFW
I almost exclusively use 1.5 ohm DCC on a big battery 3.7 volt mod.
I probably have to draw for a few extra seconds to get enough vapor, but i like it fine.
Most don't think 3.7 volts is enough for a 1.5 ohm DCC.
But, a pair of these gives a whole bunch of vaper at the same voltage.

Just be sure your PV can handle the current draw.

and everyone now agrees that a pair of 1.5 ohm cartos in parallel (single or dual coils) would draw close to 5 amps from a 3.7 volt source, with about 2.5 amps going to EACH carto for about 9 watts being used inside each carto, for a total of 17 to 18 watts delivered from the PV?

A pair of 3 ohm cartos would draw a total of 2.5 amps from a 3.7 volt source with half of the watts being used in each carto? Less than 5 watts per carto. Not worth a darn, but vapable as a pair (just barely :))

By using a 1.5ohm DC carto, you are doing exactly what you described up there in the bold ;) But that might be what you're implying here?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's a little better with the synergy of the two coils in the same air flow.
9 watts inside a 1.5 ohm DC works for me.
But, I agree, too weak for many folks.

Still a little much for me in a twice pipes mod :)

I guess that makes sense, If you like the Taste of a Filler Carto.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
klklk.jpg

uhhhhhhhh idk ... an amp is.. i dont even know what a volt is.. I don't have a clue what a watt is either.. But I do know that on a big battery, running 3.7 volts, a 1.5 to 1.7 ohm carto is pretty good. So, idk man. Can someone lamen's terms the volts this thing puts out? Like, what is the volt 4 each carto IF i put two 2 ohm cartos into this thing? thats really all I need to know. lol. ... r u talking about amps for anyway?? how does that help anything??

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
Plumes,
this dual carto adapter is primarily a toy.
Dual carto heads for some PVs have been around for a long time and home made twice pipes mods have been made.
For 8 bucks you get to try and kill your PV. Sounds like a bargain to me :)
Low resistance cartos have either killed, or shortened the life of less capable PVs so using 2 cartos will have a bigger negative impact on the survivability of most PVs. But it looks cool :)

Many folks see the advantage of running dual cartos to get more vapor rather than cranking up one carto. For a particular carto design, there is only so much you can get out of it before it starts to taste like YUK. Sort of obvious you could get more out of a pair. If you don't overload your PV.
Obviously you are constrained to a pair of normal diameter cartos, not a pair of giant cartos or tanks.
(and there isn't enough room to screw two of these onto a twice pipes mod to run 4 dual coil cartos for 8 heaters :))

However, if you don't run a carto 'hard enough' you aren't really vaping. The heater(s) need to get just hot enough to vaporize the liquid without overheating the vapor or running dry. Since you indicated you think 1.5 to 1.7 ohms on 3.7 volts is fine (me too) this adapter would most likely be OK if you tried higher resistance cartos to give just a little less heat to each one, but a little more vaping power consumed in total. Think of it as 70% + 70% for 140% as compared to 100% of what you are used to. A pair of 2 ohm SC cartos would do that. The pair of 2 ohm cartos you asked about would be seen by the PV as a single 1 ohm carto. You can imagine what would happen to a less capable PV with a 1 ohm carto. OUCH !
A single 2 ohms carto at 4 volts seems about right. But a pair of them would be twice the LOAD (in amps) seen by your PV.

Your 1.5 ohm @ 3.7 volts runs 2.5 amps from your PV to dissipate 9 watts inside your carto.
A 2 ohm carto @ 4 volts runs 2 amps from your PV to dissipate 8 watts inside your carto.
Double up cartos, and the volts stay the same, amps from the PV double, amps into each carto stays the same, wattage consumed in each carto stays the same, total wattage doubles.

Again, only if your PV can deliver the current required.

To figure how this dual carto adapter will operate in your application you need to evaluate the load presented to your PV, usually expressed in AMPS. If you try and draw more AMPS than your PV can supply it just might die. Not much thought required for a single carto, but a different animal for a pair of them.

Watts are usually the determining factor for the performance of a particular carto design and resistance. If you consume more watts than your carto is capable of it will overheat. WATTS are dependent of the applied (loaded) voltage and resistance.

Voltage kills cartos, Amperage kills PVs.

If volts, ohms, watts and amps gives you trouble, just ask and you will get mathematical answers, and opinions.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I love this adapter. Using 2 3.2 ohm cartos. Set at 4.13 volts. Load is 4.08 volts. Nice cool vapor, and plentiful. The flavor is really intense. Definitely worth 8 bucks. Now to mix peach and cream.

Thanks to Plumes.91 for starting this thread :)

Right On Jim D.

Glad to hear that you're Liking it. It's like getting the Vapor of High Voltage without Burnt Taste. At least for me.

And a Big Thank You to Plumes for starting this thread.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Right On Jim D.

Glad to hear that you're Liking it. It's like getting the Vapor of High Voltage without Burnt Taste. At least for me.

And a Big Thank You to Plumes for starting this thread.
Thanks Zoidman.

Exactly ! It's basically a dual coil. That neat thing is both coils are separated. Dual coil cartos run hotter because they share the same tube. Also with the cartos having the same coil height, The juice wicks perfectly on every hit. This is another level of vaping for me. This is great for work, since I leave my DID and Provari at home.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks Zoidman.

Exactly ! It's basically a dual coil. That neat thing is both coils are separated. Dual coil cartos run hotter because they share the same tube. Also with the cartos having the same coil height, The juice wicks perfectly on every hit. This is another level of vaping for me. This is great for work, since I leave my DID and Provari at home.

Yeah... Not Bad for an $8 "Toy".

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
cool, thanks for the explanation rocketman, and thanks for all the thanks for starting the thread. I had to. Who could let something like this go undocumented. U gotta share things like this with your friends and your all becoming my friends. Now if the empire site starts selling empires, uhhhhhhhhhhh.... But yeah, of course I had to share this with ECF! If any of you notice empiremods has mods for sale, just shoot me a PM lol ;)

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Hey guys, I'm back and I've found yet ANOTHER device similar to this one. This time its just a drip tip for automatic 510 batteries. But it will essentially do the same thing this thing is doing, with your 510 batteries plugged in. Check it out: Incease Vapor from Electronic Cigarette | Connect multiple E Cigs | Biggest throat hit from E Cigarette Comes with one normal drip tip, one two cartomizer drip tip, and one 3 cartomizer drip tip. Sooo if all you have is 2-3 510 batteries and you cant afford anything else for the moment, maybe you'll like using the dual 510 battery drip tip? Then vape 1 510 battery while you charge up 2 batteries and use that little pattern until you've saved up enough for some eGo batts? lol

I was thinking it MAY be possible that you could buy this and use the dual drip tip that comes in the box with the madvapes dual carto device? Idk.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I really have been lately rocketman. I really have and it needs to stop because its actually effecting my mood. but thats a different story. I can't help it. I'm fixated on this e-cig thing for the time being and I like to learn as much as possible so that I can walk away for a while and feel completely caught up in the world of PVs and APVs and accessories. lol. I love obscure pv accessories like this. I love off-brand e-cigs and APVs as well. I just found a site selling these "eGo" look-alikes that come in a kit with a little charging dock. They used micro USB plugs to charge and they were a bright primary blue and a bright primary red haha. They looked like kid's toys. I want one :p But yeah, this is just what I'm into for the moment. I work minimum wage jobs man. And every minute I'm working, every single minute, I just want to walk up to the boss and say IM OUT ........ Go home and do what I love best.. Researching and learning about whatever I'm into for the moment. I'm dying to go back to school. I'm the worst procrastinator when it comes to institutionalized curriculum based learning though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread