DSE801 Manual Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If you are looking for the "tube" type manual batteries, then no, they haven't come out with those yet, although I have heard that they will eventually. I believe it is several months away.

You can use the 801 atomizer with both the Prodigy and Janty Stick which are manuals, long life batteries that only cost $2. Both give great throat hit and vapor.

Prodigy: PureSmoker.com - Home of the USA Built PV !!!

JantyStick: Janty USA

sandy

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Lucerne
hi, just bought 2 manual batteries from ruyandirect for testing. i'm sorry to tell but i'm disappointed. they do not even have the power of an auto-batt. exhale vapour about 1/2 of the vapour with auto-batts (also from ruyandirect) after 4 sec. draw. has anybody made same experience, or did i just get 2 "bad" ones? I like my pens so much and was so hardly looking for good batts (without having to mod) and now...... I was serching for a review in all existing forums around but didn't find anyting.
regards

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
hi, just bought 2 manual batteries from ruyandirect for testing. i'm sorry to tell but i'm disappointed. they do not even have the power of an auto-batt. exhale vapour about 1/2 of the vapour with auto-batts (also from ruyandirect) after 4 sec. draw. has anybody made same experience, or did i just get 2 "bad" ones? I like my pens so much and was so hardly looking for good batts (without having to mod) and now...... I was serching for a review in all existing forums around but didn't find anyting.
regards

As for "I was serching for a review in all existing forums around but didn't find anyting." - I think you just posted one. [Run it through a spell checker;) and you could post it as a new thread.] Thank you for that report, albeit a disappointing one.

Darn! I just placed my order (for just one, fortunately) with Rocky Mountain Vapor. Hopefully (for me), you just got two lemons. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Question: Was this your first experience with a manual switch? For example, I wonder if that is the issue with micro's dissatisfaction with the manual passthrough.

sandy

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Lucerne
sandy-I don't have a manual battery for the 801 but I got a manual passthrough and sounds like the same prob u r having with the manual batteries. Honestly I thought I just didn't like my 801-but I find I like it just fine/as long as i am not using that passthrough.

Me too. The same weak batt power with the passthroughs. I wrote a review to ruyandirect already with both issues (passthrough and manual). He will be looking after to improve.
I will always keep my pens (got tons of them....). It was my first e-cig that helped quit completely analogs.
regards

sandy

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Lucerne
As for "I was serching for a review in all existing forums around but didn't find anyting." - I think you just posted one. [Run it through a spell checker;) and you could post it as a new thread.] Thank you for that report, albeit a disappointing one.

Question: Was this your first experience with a manual switch? For example, I wonder if that is the issue with micro's dissatisfaction with the manual passthrough.

Thanks for your comprehension, I know my english is quite bad in writing.
To answer your question: I made quite a lot experience with all kinds of manual switches and passthroughs with- and without manual switches especially for pens, they all have no "power" at all compared to the automatic b's. Sad but true...

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
regards

sandy-I don't have a manual battery for the 801 but I got a manual passthrough and sounds like the same prob u r having with the manual batteries. Honestly I thought I just didn't like my 801-but I find I like it just fine/as long as i am not using that passthrough.

This is terrible news. I've got 2 manual batts and a manual passthrough coming in the mail from ruyandirect. I hope your batteries are a fluke and that you can get replacements.

My manual 901 batts from Eastmall have been hit or miss. Out of the first two, one was excellent and the other was DoA. I'm guessing the replacement was sort of a prototype (it's not sealed) and produces noticiably less vapor than the original good one(sealed).

mycro

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Michigan
Hi Donbolduser
I am fairy new to this-a few weeks, but my first e cig was a 510 and no problem whatsoever using the manual.

I think I figured out part or all? of my problem with the manual usb for the 801-not sure this is the whole problem...
the button doesn't stick out very far on my manual 801 passthru-the button on my 510 sticks out at least twice as far and very easy to press. I don't know if thats the same for the manual 801 batteries-just speaking about the passthru.

sandy

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Lucerne
Hi Donbolduser
I am fairy new to this-a few weeks, but my first e cig was a 510 and no problem whatsoever using the manual.

I think I figured out part or all? of my problem with the manual usb for the 801-not sure this is the whole problem...
the button doesn't stick out very far on my manual 801 passthru-the button on my 510 sticks out at least twice as far and very easy to press. I don't know if thats the same for the manual 801 batteries-just speaking about the passthru.

absolutely correct! I can compare it with the same e-cigs (a.i. 510/801) with the manuals for 801 you do not seem to feel whether you push or not because they are quite flat. I tried to push down as hard as possible and watched/listned the atty burning. but for the missing power atty seems not to get warm enough to produce vapour. this in my opinion though.

myCelia

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Northern VA
I got an 801 manual battery and manual battery passthrough from rocky mountain vapor. The manual passthrough works great but I haven't been able to try the manual battery yet because, silly me, I didn't realize it needed a different charger than the wall charger I have for my automatic battery.

I'm still trying to find a wall charger for the manual battery (U.S. only) but anyway, I just ordered the auto/manual battery USB charger from rocky mountain today. I notice that the button on the passthrough manual battery is raised a bit higher than the manual battery, but both make a noticeable click when pressed and released. I'm getting good vapor action from my passthrough too. On this count, I don't notice any difference between it and the automatic.

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
I got an 801 manual battery and manual battery passthrough from rocky mountain vapor. The manual passthrough works great but I haven't been able to try the manual battery yet because, silly me, I didn't realize it needed a different charger than the wall charger I have for my automatic battery.

I'm still trying to find a wall charger for the manual battery (U.S. only) but anyway, I just ordered the auto/manual battery USB charger from rocky mountain today. I notice that the button on the passthrough manual battery is raised a bit higher than the manual battery, but both make a noticeable click when pressed and released. I'm getting good vapor action from my passthrough too. On this count, I don't notice any difference between it and the automatic.

In the meantime just pop the rubber button off and use your old auto battery charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread