Drops/ml for different liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
Hi all, new to diy so please pardon my ignorance. I'm planning to get into diy and reading up on this forum. The drops/ml thing confuses me. I've seen calculators where you can set the number of drops to equal 1 ml. And the results of these calculators are measured in drops. What I cant figure out is this: wouldn't you set a different drops/ml setting depending on how thick a liquid is? Seems to me that there would be fewer drops /ml for VG and more for PG or water. And if this were true, wouldnt the actual mix results be off if I just stuck to one setting?

Am i confused or is there some trick to this?

TIA

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
In addition to thickness / viscosity effecting number of drops per milliliter, the actual tip used can make a difference in the ratio. If standards for flavoring drops per milliliter, the type tip used should be qualified. Since flavorings from the same manufacturer may be repackaged by various vendors, this can be tricky.

Reactions: kingdal

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Drops per ml is just a shaky method to rely upon. I know some do it with excellent results but I wouldn't advise anyone to use this method to compile recipes. At times I use drops but it is only with extremely potent things, like Acetyl Pyrazine, where I am putting one drop per 10 or 20 mls.

Reactions: kingdal

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread