Drop-in Coils Drop in coil epiphany & tank recommendation needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Indy
File under ; One thing leads to another ..

I drowned a couple of my favorite small devices ( vaporesso target mini 2 ) recently.
In the search for a suitable replacement, eventually decided on the vaporesso gen fit 40 which came with the itank X using GTX coils.
Never really planned on using the supplied tank as I've been coiling & wicking either a Dvarw or Pioneer RTA for several years & have been happy with their performance, or so I thought.
On a whim, I primed & fit the 1.2 coil in the Itank X & gave it a try. Wow ! , apparently pre-made drop in coils have come a very long way in recent years. It was good .. really good, & only needed 10-11 W so battery lasted over a day in the tiny device !
On a recent vacation - I never once had to re wick or otherwise fiddle with a device over 9 days using one drop in coil in that Itank X all while getting great consistent flavor the entire time. Like that a lot.
These GTX coils seem to last much, much longer than my self coiled & wicked RTA's. The convenience is worth the $$ spent on coils given their long life & great flavor. Vaporesso has some things figured out it seems.

So there's the back story, since these GTX coils have performed so well, I'm contemplating the purchase of another Vaporesso tank compatible with those. Which one ? , it appears Vaporesso makes several other versions.
The one & only negative I can attribute to the ITank X & GTX coils is the system is a bit noisy compared to especially the Dvarw RTA's Ive been using. Not a deal breaker, but still ..

Looking for a recommendation for another Vaporesso GTX compatible tank with easy top fill, & if it were to be relatively quiet, that would be a very nice upgrade from the ITank X.

Thanks in advance to one & all, CBG.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Sorry, I'm not very familiar with Vaporesso drop-in coils and tanks.

I've seen in a few threads that several folks like the Vaporesso iTank but it only takes the GTi coils.

The Vaporesso GTX coils page lists all the different tanks they work with.

Hope that helps!!! :)

ETA: FWIW, I love my Dvarw MTL and DL RTA's. I get anywhere from 10-15 days on a wick with my DIY flavored juices and nearly a month when I vape unflavored.

Reactions: carbonbegone

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Yeah, thanks very much.

You get 10-15 days out of a wick in your Dvarw's ? Wow !
What's your secret ?
I get about 3 days on average using std cotton, 1.3-ish ohm & at 11-12 watts.

I use Cottonman's Mavaton's Select cotton and also Tidi rayon for my wicks.

Juices are all my DIY recipes. None use sweeteners and I don't vape NET's. Many of my recipes have less than 10% total flavorings, most are less than 8%.

• Useful
Reactions: carbonbegone

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Indy
OK, yeah, makes sense. You're not using something that gums up wicks & coils.
I kinda am ; 5 pawns Castle long & Gambit primarily with some BSX butterscotch reserve on occasion.
I like the sweet-ish tobacco flavoring.
Thats why I was so struck by the longevity of those GTX coils, compared to my usual, they last 3-4 times longer for some reason.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread