Draw on batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

SikVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Cali
So, I have 2 shorty auto batteries (blue and black) that I've been using a lot more lately cuz my manual PT died (Valerie said she'd take care of it on my next order, thanks !!) , and have noticed something. The draw is different between them, the blue battery is a very hard draw and the black one is very light. I never noticed this before because I always used my PT, and seldom used the batteries, and if I did, I would always use the blue one. For some reason I always kept the black one in the original box. The PT and the blue battery had similar hard draws, the blue being a bit harder, so when I busted out the black battery and noticed the light draw, I was a bit suprised.

Although, it doesn't put out as much vapor as a PT ( I am a vapor FIEND), the black one does put out slightly more vapor than the blue one. Is this due to the lighter draw? Is it just random which batteries have light draws or did I get batteries from 2 different batches? Anyone experience something like this? Just wanted to share.:oops:

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Hey!

I find that the draw is very light and easy when i first start using autos. Could just be a bit dirty, and that could be causing the heavy draw.

Clean the battery end with a bit of rubbing alcohol and a qtip/old toothbrush for about 30 seconds....I find that fixes the draw right away.

I have never been able to explain why one battery puts out more vapor than another. The world is a crazy place.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
So, I have 2 shorty auto batteries (blue and black) that I've been using a lot more lately cuz my manual PT died (Valerie said she'd take care of it on my next order, thanks !!) , and have noticed something. The draw is different between them, the blue battery is a very hard draw and the black one is very light. I never noticed this before because I always used my PT, and seldom used the batteries, and if I did, I would always use the blue one. For some reason I always kept the black one in the original box. The PT and the blue battery had similar hard draws, the blue being a bit harder, so when I busted out the black battery and noticed the light draw, I was a bit suprised.

Although, it doesn't put out as much vapor as a PT ( I am a vapor FIEND), the black one does put out slightly more vapor than the blue one. Is this due to the lighter draw? Is it just random which batteries have light draws or did I get batteries from 2 different batches? Anyone experience something like this? Just wanted to share.:oops:

Thanks for sharing;) I've been noticing quite a few threads about this type of thing with autos, but I haven't used an auto battery in months. Manual all the way for me:lol:.

Doctor Rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah strange.... I've actually had 2 Shorty Batts that reacted the opposite ways with 2 different Cartos. One Batt had a hard draw on one Cart and a harder draw (which I like) on the 2nd Cart. The OPPOSITE results using Batt 2!! Both Batts shipped with my kit so I assume they are from the same batch, but they reacted totally different with the 2 Carts. Strange indeed....

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
Rich's auto batts draw WAY harder than mine - I feel like my head's going to implode when I try his. Then again, he complains that mine doesn't draw right when I hand it to him, but it seems just fine to me.

I'd guess every batt has it's own "sweet spot", and when you switch to a new one the differences sort of "pop out" at you.

wisteelersfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Wisconsin
The holes sure look the same size to me. They're awful small so I don't know how much different they're supposed to be. It does look like though that if you look into the battery holes the one that doesn't work as well is blocked more on the inside than the others. Not a huge issue to me. I really don't mind ordering an extra. It'll be another reason to place my 4th order in under 2 weeks. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread