hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m back again with another review for a Dovpo product. This time I will be covering the new Dovpo Riva 200. I already owned a Riva DNA250c so I was rather excited to get a chance to review to test the Riva 200 since I very much like the hand feel and performance of the dna version. The new Riva 200 has the same feeling of a quality built device but just doesn’t have the dna board in it. It does have a nice menu system that I’ll talk about later.

DDdjfVI.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

xiGuzJ9.jpg

upload_2021-11-14_10-58-6.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Material: Zinc Alloy & Leather

Size: 80.0*43.0*39.5mm

Charging Type: USB Type-C 5V/2A

Battery: Dual 18650 High-drain batteries(not included)

Output Voltage Range: 0.5V-8.0V

Wattage Range: 5.0W-200.0W

Screen Display: 0.96 inch full color TFT screen

Working Mode: VW/Power/TC/VV

Color: Black-Black, Black-Brown, Silver-Black, Silver-Brown, Silver-Blue

FEATURES:

1. Dual 18650 batteries with 200W max output

2. VW/Power/TC/VV working mode

3. USB type-c charging port

4. 0.96 inch TFT full color screen

5. Hinged battery door at the bottom

6. 510 connector design

qcsVYG4.jpg

eWyH24V.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The sample I received came in a simple two part black box with the product name and a white sketch of the device on the front as well as a sticker stating the color of the device inside.

The back of the box lists the package contents and the usual scratch and scan authenticity code and contact information for Dovpo.

upload_2021-11-14_11-3-19.png

upload_2021-11-14_11-3-37.png

The version that I received is the Silver-Blue which just so happens to be the one that I would choose if I was going to purchase one. The Riva 200 is made of zinc alloy and leather and uses dual 18650 batteries to power the unit and supports an output range of 5-200 watts. As I mentioned in the beginning, I own the DNA version and like it very much. At first I thought the shape of the Riva might make it a little awkward to hold but it’s quite the opposite. I find it very comfortable to hold and use and the padded leather backing is very nice.

The top of the mod contains the 510 connection plate that is held in by two torx screws and contains a spring loaded gold plated center pin. From what I have seen, this has become almost standard equipment on most mods that I’ve seen. The top plate will allow up to a 28mm atomizer base with the tiniest bit of overhang.

upload_2021-11-14_11-4-18.png

There is almost no branding on the Riva 200. The only place is on the bottom of the mod. It’s just really clean looking with the silver body and dark blue leather.

upload_2021-11-14_11-4-59.png

6jZpmhL.jpg

The batteries are inserted in the bottom once the hinged battery door is slid open. The door feels very solid just like the original Riva and is clearly marked on the inside of the door with the battery polarity.

upload_2021-11-14_11-6-50.png

The front of the Riva 200 looks very similar to the DNA version on the front until you power up the mod. From top to bottom the display shows the following.

- Mode of operation and two battery level indicators

- Set wattage

- Coil resistance

- Output voltage

- Output current

- Puff counter

I would have preferred the battery indicators to be a percentage rather than a bar but at least there are two of them instead on just one.

upload_2021-11-14_11-7-30.png

The fire button is a nice size and has a nice click sound to it. The three buttons below the .96” display screen are +, menu, and – buttons from top to bottom. To turn the Riva 200 on and off it is the usual five presses of the fire button. After that to access settings just use the center menu button. To access the menu, press and hold the button until it appears. Once the menu is displayed, the options are as follows.

- Power

- Voltage

- Temp Ni

- Temp Ti

- Temp SS

- Stats

- Bright

- Exit

The first five are pretty self-explanatory but the Stats shows the puff counter and time of use which can be reset in that screen. The Bright setting is obviously the screen brightness adjustment which is default set to 100. I have been running it at 80 and it’s still plenty bright and easy to see. The only other thing I can think of to mention about the settings is if you use one of the Temp settings then from the main screen press the menu button three times and you can set the wattage.

In Power mode the watts are adjusted in .5 watt increments and will go up to 200 and does round robin and goes down to 5 watts. In Voltage mode it is adjustable in .1 volt increments and goes from .8v to 8 volts.

upload_2021-11-14_11-8-19.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say that I have been very pleased with the new Dovpo Riva 200. Although it uses a proprietary chip/board, it works very well in my opinion. I like the simplicity of operation through the center menu button where all settings can be easily found and modes of operation are changed.

The sliding battery door operates smoothly and the hinge is secure with no noticeable movement. The dual 18650 batteries should provide all day power for most users. During my testing, I ran an Arbiter 2 with dual coils for a few days then switched over to a single coil and found the battery life to be good.

The padded leather backing makes the Riva 200 comfortable to hold and the 510 connection on top will allow up to a 28mm base with just a tiny bit of overhang. With the design of the top plate I feel like it could have come out a little further instead of being curved down which would allow a little bigger tank for those that like to run 28mm+ tanks.

I truly think it’s great that Dovpo has decided to offer a less expensive version of the Riva for those that just can’t quite afford a DNA version. At the lower price point, it’s hard to go wrong with this one in my opinion. I do kind of wish that they would offer some more color options like a gunmetal with a dark brown leather.

I’d like to thank Dovpo and Neil for sending the Dovpo Riva 200 for this review. Thanks goes out to you the readers that make it to the end of my reviews. I hope I’ve been helpful in providing an honest look at the Riva 200. Below is a link to the Dovpo website.

https://dovpo.com/products/riva-200-box-mod?_pos=1&_sid=e018a4433&_ss=r&variant=39598196260906

upload_2021-11-14_11-9-11.png

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I’m back again with another review for a Dovpo product. This time I will be covering the new Dovpo Riva 200. I already owned a Riva DNA250c so I was rather excited to get a chance to review to test the Riva 200 since I very much like the hand feel and performance of the DNA version. The new Riva 200 has the same feeling of a quality built device but just doesn’t have the DNA board in it. It does have a nice menu system that I’ll talk about later.

DDdjfVI.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

xiGuzJ9.jpg

View attachment 962463

SPECIFICATIONS:

Material: Zinc Alloy & Leather

Size: 80.0*43.0*39.5mm

Charging Type: USB Type-C 5V/2A

Battery: Dual 18650 High-drain batteries(not included)

Output Voltage Range: 0.5V-8.0V

Wattage Range: 5.0W-200.0W

Screen Display: 0.96 inch full color TFT screen

Working Mode: VW/Power/TC/VV

Color: Black-Black, Black-Brown, Silver-Black, Silver-Brown, Silver-Blue

FEATURES:

1. Dual 18650 batteries with 200W max output

2. VW/Power/TC/VV working mode

3. USB type-c charging port

4. 0.96 inch TFT full color screen

5. Hinged battery door at the bottom

6. 510 connector design

qcsVYG4.jpg

eWyH24V.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The sample I received came in a simple two part black box with the product name and a white sketch of the device on the front as well as a sticker stating the color of the device inside.

The back of the box lists the package contents and the usual scratch and scan authenticity code and contact information for Dovpo.

View attachment 962465

View attachment 962467

The version that I received is the Silver-Blue which just so happens to be the one that I would choose if I was going to purchase one. The Riva 200 is made of zinc alloy and leather and uses dual 18650 batteries to power the unit and supports an output range of 5-200 watts. As I mentioned in the beginning, I own the DNA version and like it very much. At first I thought the shape of the Riva might make it a little awkward to hold but it’s quite the opposite. I find it very comfortable to hold and use and the padded leather backing is very nice.

The top of the mod contains the 510 connection plate that is held in by two torx screws and contains a spring loaded gold plated center pin. From what I have seen, this has become almost standard equipment on most mods that I’ve seen. The top plate will allow up to a 28mm atomizer base with the tiniest bit of overhang.

View attachment 962469

There is almost no branding on the Riva 200. The only place is on the bottom of the mod. It’s just really clean looking with the silver body and dark blue leather.

View attachment 962471

6jZpmhL.jpg

The batteries are inserted in the bottom once the hinged battery door is slid open. The door feels very solid just like the original Riva and is clearly marked on the inside of the door with the battery polarity.

View attachment 962473

The front of the Riva 200 looks very similar to the DNA version on the front until you power up the mod. From top to bottom the display shows the following.

- Mode of operation and two battery level indicators

- Set wattage

- Coil resistance

- Output voltage

- Output current

- Puff counter

I would have preferred the battery indicators to be a percentage rather than a bar but at least there are two of them instead on just one.

View attachment 962475

The fire button is a nice size and has a nice click sound to it. The three buttons below the .96” display screen are +, menu, and – buttons from top to bottom. To turn the Riva 200 on and off it is the usual five presses of the fire button. After that to access settings just use the center menu button. To access the menu, press and hold the button until it appears. Once the menu is displayed, the options are as follows.

- Power

- Voltage

- Temp Ni

- Temp Ti

- Temp SS

- Stats

- Bright

- Exit

The first five are pretty self-explanatory but the Stats shows the puff counter and time of use which can be reset in that screen. The Bright setting is obviously the screen brightness adjustment which is default set to 100. I have been running it at 80 and it’s still plenty bright and easy to see. The only other thing I can think of to mention about the settings is if you use one of the Temp settings then from the main screen press the menu button three times and you can set the wattage.

In Power mode the watts are adjusted in .5 watt increments and will go up to 200 and does round robin and goes down to 5 watts. In Voltage mode it is adjustable in .1 volt increments and goes from .8v to 8 volts.

View attachment 962477

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say that I have been very pleased with the new Dovpo Riva 200. Although it uses a proprietary chip/board, it works very well in my opinion. I like the simplicity of operation through the center menu button where all settings can be easily found and modes of operation are changed.

The sliding battery door operates smoothly and the hinge is secure with no noticeable movement. The dual 18650 batteries should provide all day power for most users. During my testing, I ran an Arbiter 2 with dual coils for a few days then switched over to a single coil and found the battery life to be good.

The padded leather backing makes the Riva 200 comfortable to hold and the 510 connection on top will allow up to a 28mm base with just a tiny bit of overhang. With the design of the top plate I feel like it could have come out a little further instead of being curved down which would allow a little bigger tank for those that like to run 28mm+ tanks.

I truly think it’s great that Dovpo has decided to offer a less expensive version of the Riva for those that just can’t quite afford a DNA version. At the lower price point, it’s hard to go wrong with this one in my opinion. I do kind of wish that they would offer some more color options like a gunmetal with a dark brown leather.

I’d like to thank Dovpo and Neil for sending the Dovpo Riva 200 for this review. Thanks goes out to you the readers that make it to the end of my reviews. I hope I’ve been helpful in providing an honest look at the Riva 200. Below is a link to the Dovpo website.

https://dovpo.com/products/riva-200-box-mod?_pos=1&_sid=e018a4433&_ss=r&variant=39598196260906

View attachment 962479

Brother, great review... You have me sitting here wanting one. I love my DNA versions. I simply love how compact they are.. the perfect mod. (better than the Thelema).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread