Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Figured I post this to help out some new folks get a better idea of how flavors work. Mixing your pre-mixed juices with other juices is totally fun and nobody should be afraid to do it. Conventional thinking (at least for me) at the beginning was that you had to finish your tank or cart and maybe even clean it before putting new flavors in. You don't always have to do that. Have some fun.

Think of flavored juice as "spices" for your meal. You know what you like. Your tongue and nose can easily tell you what might "go good together". It's easy to figure out too.

For example, I have an apple pie flavored juice that is awesome on its own but mix in some caramel juice in the tank and you really have something good. It's one of my favorite after dinner vapes.

I have a 18mg caramel macchiato that's really nice but I don't like 18 anymore. Too strong. I cut it with a really nice vanilla and was like wow...starbucks in a vape.

One of the tobacco flavors I bough a little bottle of is too earthy to me. I like many true tobacco flavors but not this particular one. Instead of letting it rot in a drawer I decided to mix in some cherry tobacco flavored juice. Problem solved. Now I have a nice earthy tobacco with a slight cherry undertone. No wasted juice.

There is no limit. DIY guys have a blast. I'm not there yet but I will be. However, I do love messing around with my flavors. Now when I get a new flavor I'm always thinking....hmmm...what would go good with this?

I love to cook and season food. I'm a bit of a spice head. vaping has opened a new world of flavor experience and experimentation. Nobody should be afraid to do it. If you think 2 things would go good together then they probably do.

All of us think we want the perfect marlboro flavor or whatever our brand is when we start. The infatuation with those flavors ends quickly ends for most. I will always recommend new users to get a bottle of juice that tastes like something they love. I bought vanilla along side some standard tobacco flavors when I started. Vanilla quickly became my favorite. Traditional ry4 or 555 are my favorite "tobaccoish" flavors and they aren't even that close to a true tobacco flavor. I think if I had a juice that tasted exactly like burning marlboros I would hate it but I'm sure some would love it.

Vape on!

Last edited:

Furt

Jul 4, 2013
United States
I noticed that the site I'm buying juices from has some for $3 or less that are literally just "chocolate" and "red wine" that are strictly for mixing. I'm thinking about getting a bag full of them and mixing them all.

Mint Chocolate and Cookies n' Cream might make something close to a Mint Oreo Blizzard from Dairy Queen. I'll have to go on that adventure soon...

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Great thread, Bob, and good attitude! I like to cook too, and very very seldom follow a recipe. Have always applied the same philosophy to my e-liquids. Started out with premixed juices, and those that I wasn't fond of, I mixed with others to see how they combined. Now I've started DIY'ing, and have found that often a premixed so-so chocolate, for example, comes alive with a few drops of orange concentrated flavor.

And I often mix juices right in the clearo. Before the new juice has totally taken over the wick, I've had some interesting puffs!

At the very worst, I've had some juices that could never be made "right." They're being stored in the "Vaping Apocalypse" emergency kit...

STVNMR

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Celina, TX
You're right about having fun mixing flavors, but I'd suggest starting small rather than filling an entire tank with a second flavor on top of what's left inside from the first one. I've done that before and ended up wasting a tank full of juice after what I thought would be a really nice mix turned into unvapeable garbage. Mixes have gone the other way for me, too, but I'm more cautious about it now.

Just my two cents.

vwkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
CT
Was just thinking tonight, someone should make a kit that comes with a bunch of small bottles of juice. Various fruits, caramel, vanilla, chocolate, things like that, all singular flavors designed to mix as you please without having to actually DIY the juice from scratch and measure things. I think a kit with maybe ten 10ml bottles like this would be awesome. Of course you could put it together yourself ordering from somewhere like MBV who seems to carry a lot of singular flavors, but packaging them together like that would be brilliant.

STVNMR

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Celina, TX
Was just thinking tonight, someone should make a kit that comes with a bunch of small bottles of juice. Various fruits, caramel, vanilla, chocolate, things like that, all singular flavors designed to mix as you please without having to actually DIY the juice from scratch and measure things. I think a kit with maybe ten 10ml bottles like this would be awesome. Of course you could put it together yourself ordering from somewhere like MBV who seems to carry a lot of singular flavors, but packaging them together like that would be brilliant.

That's not a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread