Does leaking vivi nova ruin your mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
I have a lavatube and I picked up a cheap vivi nova from fasttech. It began leaking into the draw tube immediately. I thought it must just be a cheap clone, then I noticed two wick slots had been drilled in the head rather than the one normally. Wick was only filling one of the slots so the juice was pouring in through the other slots and running into my APV. Once I figured this out I removed the vivi nova and tried to empty out the lavatube. It seem that it is still working. Is there a chance the liquid would have ruined my apv? What are the symptoms? Should I dry it out in some special way? We are talking only a few ml of juice.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I can't really help much, but if the juice managed to get to the electronics I am sure it could have ruined your lavatube. Your lavatube must be sealed pretty well, but I sure wouldn't use that particular Vivi Nova again, at least not with that head. It is not uncommon to find small amounts of juice on the battery contact occasionally, but this sounds like more than just a small amount. I like my Vision Vivi Nova, but it seems some of the clones are really hit and miss.

Not knocking Fast Tech, it seems many people use them and save money, and they aren't the only place to sell knockoffs. Sometimes cheap is just that though, cheap.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
I have the original LT and it has had juice leak all over it numerous times(including beer) and it still worked. For some reason(i guess age) after my carto tank decided to purge all over it last week did the firing button start acting funny.

Yes, my firing button has been hit or miss since I got it (used). Maybe that was why. This is a YJ lavatube.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Unhooked,

Been there done that! :facepalm: I never did get much use out of my ViviNova, switched to the Artemus carto tank from Madvapes.com and have been very satisfied. The wicking system on the Novas gave me a weak type of vape and kept getting gummed up so that I had to clean things out a lot. The cartos in my tanks last about 2 to 3 weeks before needing either cleaning or replacement. Since I buy them in bulk, I just toss them after three weeks. The Artemas tanks have a threaded end cap to end leaks and carto movement. Only problem is a flooded carto once in awhile. Best of Luck.
Wabbit

tddman66

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Illinois
As mentioned many Mods have an o-ring but, that should not be tested! I fried a brand new Imoition V3 with a Nova leak. It only takes on drop into the PBA and the light show begins.

I have been moving away from atomizers that have a center hole leading to the battery. Many RBA's Gens and Drip do not have the center hole. I am also looking for atomizers that I can stock up years worth of rebuilding material. When I started the quest the Nova appeared to be a good option but, soon I realized for an atomizer to last years it needs a glass or metal tank. Nova does have a metal tank but, I also found the Nova coil system will often give a nice big vape of burnt silicone. That melting silicone will cause you to have to buy replacement heads and that doesn't fit into my long term plans.

Here and now it appears a GEN with SS mesh and wire are the way to go. Buy up a handful of extra glass tubes, SS mesh, o-rings, and wire for years of vaping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread