Does eCab discussion fit here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDude

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2012
Texas
It's a mini Ego-C type of system, with replaceable batteries (e Cab.. changable atomizer/battery). I got mine from Ovale recently. This little thing is a champ. Exactly what I was looking for. I don't have a lot of experience with actual Ego models, but I always heard bad things about leaking with the tanks. I get none of that from this. I don't know how any could be unhappy with a tank system like this.

On a sidenote, Ovale's "old tobacco" juice is great, although very overpriced. I'm surprised by the quality though. It gives my favorite halo tobaccos a run for their money. All in all, I'm happy with the whole purchase.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
KDude.... I think this is the most pertinent forum. Even though the eCab is between the eGo and the 510 in size, the tank system is more like the eGo-c than the 510-t imo, but you'll likely see threads on the eCab in the 510 forum as well.

It looks nice. And it depends up one's vaping habits. For me the 350mAh batt is a bit of a drawback on two points - one the eGo will go twice as long in between charges and the 350mAh batt is a bit low for using LR attys or cartos. And I'm still not sure if it's a 510 connection or not... didn't get that from the blurb but I assumed it was.

The tank leaking was more of a problem with the eGo-t, not that some have found ways to make the eG0-c leak :facepalm: :lol: but in general the eGo-c is better built than the t and with the right tips on starting out - prepunching the holes, making sure everything is seated correctly and throwing the atty head in some vodka when the draw gets tight and the leak problems go away - at least that has been my experience as well as some vets I know that use the eGo-c. And this is true of almost any pv - the more you power vape the more problems you'll have. If you split up vaping time among a few PV's the more the merrier, then the less problems you'll have because hot attys breakdown viscosity..... that will be true with the eCab as well. Also ejuices can make a difference in the quailty of the vape - dark, sedimentary type ejuice will take their tolls on attys and cartos esp. If you really like the flavor then that's the 'cost'. If you can find the same flavor in a lighter ejuice - then do that.

Good luck with your eCab!

KDude

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2012
Texas
KDude.... I think this is the most pertinent forum. Even though the eCab is between the eGo and the 510 in size, the tank system is more like the eGo-c than the 510-t imo, but you'll likely see threads on the eCab in the 510 forum as well.

It looks nice. And it depends up one's vaping habits. For me the 350mAh batt is a bit of a drawback on two points - one the eGo will go twice as long in between charges and the 350mAh batt is a bit low for using LR attys or cartos. And I'm still not sure if it's a 510 connection or not... didn't get that from the blurb but I assumed it was.

The tank leaking was more of a problem with the eGo-t, not that some have found ways to make the eG0-c leak :facepalm: :lol: but in general the eGo-c is better built than the t and with the right tips on starting out - prepunching the holes, making sure everything is seated correctly and throwing the atty head in some vodka when the draw gets tight and the leak problems go away - at least that has been my experience as well as some vets I know that use the eGo-c. And this is true of almost any pv - the more you power vape the more problems you'll have. If you split up vaping time among a few PV's the more the merrier, then the less problems you'll have because hot attys breakdown viscosity..... that will be true with the eCab as well. Also ejuices can make a difference in the quailty of the vape - dark, sedimentary type ejuice will take their tolls on attys and cartos esp. If you really like the flavor then that's the 'cost'. If you can find the same flavor in a lighter ejuice - then do that.

Good luck with your eCab!

Yeah, I've tried LR attys on it. I'm getting better performance out of the standards. I wasn't sure at first if it was airflow or the particular juice I was using, but the same tank with a standard atty was more satisfying.

It's not a 510 connection. It's own thread design, I think... which could be a drawback for some. For me it isn't, because I like the tank system.

Battery life is kind of in a nice spot, for me personally. There's ample time to charge another battery while using another. And the batteries themselves are only $5. Overall, I think it's more cost effective than the Ego.

I still kind of want an Ego, for longer vaping sessions, but I guess it's not that necessary to me. They kind of cover the same territory. What I'm losing out on really is lack of adding different tanks and cartos (for the time being.. I'm sure there will be an adaptor).. but then, I've tried a lot of different ones and I don't think they do much better than this. I like the Phoenix BC's a lot, but this is more convenient. No syringes, etc. And don't get me started on DCTs, which I think are a step back. It goes without mentioning that they look goofy.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I agree with you on DCT's. I recently got the CC carto from heaven gifts and it has the eGo fitting and looks better, imo. But most of my vaping is eGo-c with the tank system which I like as well. If the eCab was a 510 fitting I would likely pick one up just to try it but that and the other considerations - and the fact that it is a bit longer than the eGo with the diameter not that much smaller, that I decided not to try it.

BUT as long as your happy that's that only thing that counts. I too, like the SR over the LR on the eGo-c.... I have one c that has an LR on it - my strongest flavor 'Real Tabs' from DV. All the others - like 6 are SR and get the best flavor on my ejuices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread