Does anyone else find eliquid descriptions of late to be hysterically funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm sorry. I can't help it. :)

As somebody who started out their young career out of college as a copywriter in a Madison Avenue advertising company, I have to admit that when I need a good chuckle, I get to reading some of the eliquid descriptions.

Some of them are downright hyperbolic, not to mention sort of silly.

Wild field berries. Yeah, uh-huh. :rolleyes: Are they making their own flavorings, because I am familiar with *every* berry flavoring out there ----but I also grow my own wild blueberries and strawberries on my land......as far as I know, nobody is actually extracting flavorings from those. :lol:

Ask any of the flavoring manufacturers....these are the same flavorings used in candy making and baking. I guess I appreciate a flavoring called pineapple because I know what that is....

(Its beginning to look like some of those pharmaceutical commercials where the older people with horrible incurable diseases are shown "romping" in pastures with dandelions and black-eyed-susans, not a care in the world, because they are receiving biologics thru their veins (just chemo in another format, actually) and very few of them, in real life, at least the ones I know, are doing any romping thru pastoral fields. )

So, I'm vaping banana flavoring in my eliquid today. Wait! It's NOT banana flavoring. Instead, I"m transported on a trek to Asia where the Gokusen bananas are grown, 500 feet above sea level, from hybrids of 100s of banana varieties -----Heck, the bananas alone cost $6 a piece! ......and wait, they even have serial numbers!!!

I was moving on to pineapple ------ is this just pineapple? NO of course not. This is special pineapple grown on some out-of-the-way Archipelago that requires a charter pilot and helicopter to get to.

Next, we just give resumes to anyone who mixes juice into a bottle. Has the mixer lived in Paris.........because, you know, if you've even set FOOT in Paris, even for a flight change, you've got to have experienced some kind of major haute cuisine mind meld. And of course, if you've been a barrista (coffee pourer), all the better.

Stuff like that. ;)

Really, I totally understand how ad copy sells products. It's just that some of these heady, hyperbolic descriptions have the opposite effect on me.

Hit me up when you hear about any Fair Trade eliquids. :):evil: For that, of course, I'd pay $30 for 30ml instead of $9. :)

Cam775

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Nevada
In a way it's better than seeing an eliquid I'm supposed to ENJOY tasting called "badger grease" or "monkey puke" or whatever other disgusting name someone finds cute. Although I do agree that some vendors take it way too far the other direction too.

Personally, I'm much more inclined to buy Fluffy Clouds Of Vanilla Cake Perfection than I am to spend my ducketts on something called Rotting Zombie Bodily Fluids :pervy::blink:
:evil:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I actually prefer the descriptions as opposed to vendors making you read the reviews to find out the flavor profile.

The more expensive the ejuice, the more outrageously hyperbolic the "descriptions" are.

taste justifies product, not words.

I am not against descriptions, I'm against descriptions that are trying to copy lux items in other categories in order to somehow justify price.

It's sort of a "poser" tactic.

Reactions: Cam775

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
I read the names of the eliquids. I read the descriptions, if any. If there are no descriptions of what the flavor profile for the eliquid is, or if the descriptions are really vague - "silvery moonlight descending on a mountain stream" - I skip the vendor entirely. If the description sounds like something my daughter or I might like, I proceed to read the customer reviews on the vendor site. If there are no reviews, or all the reviews are all positive, with nothing negative, I will usually skip the vendor.

We are on a strict budget. I cannot afford to order anything based on vague descriptions, or all positive reviews. I am a skeptic, and I question anything that does not have at least a couple of negative reviews, even if they are just "the flavor was there, but it is just not for me". I read some of them just for enjoyment - it can be a lot of fun to see the flowery, vague descriptions of flavors that I might or might not take a chance on if I only knew what the flavor profile was supposed to be. The vendors that I order from regularly provide decent descriptions of the flavor profiles for their eliquids, and provide negative as well as positive reviews.

That being said, since I am a reader anyway, I do enjoy reading some of the vague, flowery descriptions on some vendors' sites. It has provided me with some good relaxation time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread