Doc Kurt Kistler's warning about organic flavors .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the post/info. I've been researching/reading here about DIY with the first of the year being my goal to get to DIY (the juices are a budget buster for two of us)

same here I'm 50, Ed's 56, and it's better than smoking for us...and we're trying to do 100%VG for the most part.

Thanks I subscribed to that show...appreciate it! :)

Why wait until then, especially if cost is an important driver? You can make unflavored juice for less than $0.03/ml, and if you are very concerned about the health effects of flavorings, that may be a good place to start (personally, unflavored is my favorite, although I like some flavored stuff too). You can make flavored stuff for $0.05-$0.10/ml. Equipment costs can be limited to under $10 if you have left over bottles from pre-made juice (you have already started hoarding those, right?).

[edit] All of the info and warnings here can seem daunting, but once you learn the basics, it is not too much different from making mixed drinks to actually do it.

Last edited:

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
Both guys..(*and sweet bike Tang we have a couple Suzuki Boulevards and Intruders, cruisers, looking at a 109 for touring and vaping of course *lol*) but health too..

I'm an RN and while yes I know that cigs were just awful, now I"m 50 and want to live and live well *lol*

that and realizing this is about to get taxed to death like cigs are.

but it's concerning with the lack of credible research out there..when I started about five months ago..I have to do a "consult the research" and that one British study..all googles led to ECF...you guys realize this is the largest knowledge base out there..too cool! :)

thanks bunches.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Thanks for the post/info. I've been researching/reading here about DIY with the first of the year being my goal to get to DIY (the juices are a budget buster for two of us)

same here I'm 50, Ed's 56, and it's better than smoking for us...and we're trying to do 100%VG for the most part.

Thanks I subscribed to that show...appreciate it! :)

Quiting smoking now and taking up vaping will actually save you money if you DYI. So it may not be a question of affordability at this time. I was smoking a carton a week and in the NYC area there $80.00 a carton. My first initial investment in vaping costed me $75.00 which gave me a 3 month vaping supply. Although I had no intention of quiting, over the next 2 week period I found myself smoking much less and vaping much more and after 2 weeks I quit completely. Over the course of that period up to today I've saved more money then I'd ever imagined.

Let me recommend some reading.

Read my blogs before getting started

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

then read hoosier's blogs.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread