Do you think E-Cigs will be banned in the US?

What will the US government do to E-Cigs by 2012?

• Ban E-cigs

• Regulate E-Cigs

• Nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
Last edited:

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
Yeah, but then e-cigs will be limited to those with the knowledge and capabilities to make e-cigs in a garage, and the people that have connections with such a person. Potential vapers would rarely have the opportunity to learn about e-cigs. Eventually with the help of big tobacco it would become a forgotten thing of the past.
that's not true - i dare them to ban e-cigs i'll have a job as a supplier to those who can't or don't want to make them...lol i'll just simply sell them as something else *shrug*

i have no love for the way this country is turning out - i didn't like it when they started usurping our freedoms YEARS ago and i don't like their latest wave of b.s.

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
What if coffee was illegal.

You would have people like Bill Clinton saying I sipped but didn't swallow.

Oprah would go on and on about how she was up to two pots a day.

People would be on the corner with bags of Colombian beans, going man I go the good stuff right hear.

Who knows if they try and ban them it might actually make them more popular.

I LOL :laugh: good post......and you could be right;)

justincase

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2009
33.98801111° N, 77.90895581° W
PS - to any of you who would apologize for Big Tobacco or somehow think they would be cool about ANYTHING in ANY way, observe...

THIS is Big Tobacco's answer to e-smoking:

http://corporateportfoliomgmt.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/30/heatbar1_3.jpg

Diculous in 2008, diculous again looking at it again just now; that is to say, it's worthy of ridicule.

WHAT the hell is that???? :?:

I saw this on another thread. Has anyone heard this, or know anything about it?

Thank You

New York Attorney General Andrew M. Cuomo

The man who pushed HARD for the New York eCig ban. His bill was signed into law, eCigs can no longer be sold in the State of New York.

Andrew M. Cuomo - DEMOCRAT.

Do you have any links for this story? Man, I can't believe this. How does something like this happen because of 1 guy? ONE GUY? What is his beef with e-cigs anyway. Who is paying him is probably the real question. :-x

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
heatbar1_3.jpg

I don't know exactly but I will assume this is the deep lung delivery device the tobacco company ( Phillip Morris is who I heard ) developed a few years ago and tried to sell it to the Pharm. company's....or something like that. Looks like a "D" battery device:laugh: Looks like a wonderful sturdy plastic Apollo thermometer type mod. How long will it last? now there's a pole....
A. 1 hr.
B. 1 day
C. not at all :toast:

Mrcarcrazy

Verified Member
Jul 29, 2010
Odessa, TX
current president can't keep up with the demands of his job. I don't see him focusing too hard on this subject before his term is up.

Gov't generally move very slow. I don't see any real legislation for or against e cigs in the near future. (I'm focusing on the US govt, not the individual states).

But hey I've been wrong before.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
current president can't keep up with the demands of his job. I don't see him focusing too hard on this subject before his term is up.

Gov't generally move very slow. I don't see any real legislation for or against e cigs in the near future. (I'm focusing on the US govt, not the individual states).

But hey I've been wrong before.
It's not about the government banning them, it's about the FDA banning them.
And that is essentially what will happen if the decision in the current court case goes their way.

Theophage

Sep 28, 2010
South East USA
Anything not specific to the constitution is under the authority of the states. There are still dry counties were prohibition is the law.

For instance, in Michigan you can't buy booze on Sundays or Christmas or Easter. If the Feds tried that again it would get booted, but states can pull it off.

Of course we still have prohibition on other stuff at the Federal level so anything could happen.
Just so, the states have far more latitude than the federal gov't.
Unfortunately, the feds have little regard for the constitution.
Where in the constitution is the authority to control substances granted?
It isn't.
The feds have no lawful authority to control or prohibit substances, or to create the FDA.
They simply do as they please, without regard for the law.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread