Do tanks keep cartos cleaner? and horizontal coiled cartos in a tank, can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassworm

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
Just 2 quick questions, explained mostly in the topic.

I noticed that after 2 weeks of using the same carto in my lil mamma tank that the inside of the carto, polyfill , coils etc looked immaculately clean, so I was wondering if using the tanks actually help prolong the life of cartos , or maybe at least keep them cleaner.

I was looking at the Kanger horizontal coil cartos and was thinking they would be interesting to try out on a tank, but since they are horizontal and along the bottom of the carto instead of vertical through the center, would the coil flood out when in the tank?

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Up until a few days ago I had only ever used horizontal coils in a tank. I use a go-go and their standard cartos are horizontal coil. A few days ago I had ordered some boge LR and made another tank to fit them, so that is the first time I've tried vertical coils in a tank. Both work fine. With the horizontal coils, you don't have to have all of the filler even wet though. Only the filler at the bottom of the carto has to be wet.

ETA: And yes. I do think it makes the cartos last longer since they are wet all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread