Do I Really Need A ZMax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shofixti

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pearl of the Orient
I am one of the lucky ones that got a (so far) flawless VMax. Like I previously said, I'm loving it. It is the only PV that weaned me off the stinkies.

Like everyone else, I would like to upgrade to the newer model ZMax but my question is, do I really need it? I vape single coils of between 2-3 ohms. The highest I ever vaped with my VMax is 5v. Would I really need a VW?

Blindfolded, would I be able to differentiate if what I am using is a VMax or ZMax? What is the benefit of a VW(in layman's terms)? Is the ejuice flavor better? More vapor? Longer battery life? Better chick magnet?

Superchip92

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
WVA
Variable wattage allows you (once you figure out your sweet spot) to set the device to a certain watt, and whatever resistance device you put on it will give you the same vape. Basically the zmax will figure what what the ohms of the thing you have on it and automatically adjust the voltage for you.

As for if you should buy one, that's entirely your decision. If you can afford it then why not. Otherwise stick with what you know.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Yes that is correct. When you set the wattage you will get the same result with a 3ohm carto as you would with a 1.5 ohm. Or if you are into rebuildables it wont matter what it comes out as after wrapping it. Just set the watts and it will be the same with whatever. You can do the same thing by adjusting the Voltage though adding just the extra step. Its up to you if thats worth it or not. Plus having a backup is always a good idea anyhow ;)

Needeles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
WIsconsin
Just adding my 2 cents here...

I never had the VMax so i cant compare to that but I did have the 3amp LT and luv'd it when I got it. It is still a good device imo. Now from the LT to the Zmax it is a day and night difference in vap, battery life and constant power. The vap is much much better, my batt life has increased since I am gettin a better vape I don't seem to need to have the voltage/watts setup as high. Also when the batt hits the half mark I notice no difference in vap, even all the way down to when I get the "Lo" warning to recharge. It's very sturdy and I love being able to swap heads without messing with settings. I use 1.5 ohm DCT's upto 2.8 ohm Vivi Nova to 3.0ohm SC DCT's and never need to change a setting when swapping. Overall I gotta say it is a great device and if ya have the extra cash for one it is a damn good investment.

On a side note, being able to batt stack if ya need to or just use a single batt is nice.

Modnar

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Denmark
www.octopusecig.com
Yes that is correct. When you set the wattage you will get the same result with a 3ohm carto as you would with a 1.5 ohm. Or if you are into rebuildables it wont matter what it comes out as after wrapping it. Just set the watts and it will be the same with whatever. You can do the same thing by adjusting the Voltage though adding just the extra step. Its up to you if thats worth it or not. Plus having a backup is always a good idea anyhow ;)

The vmax also had a tendency to give F1 errors with rebuildables and genesis attys. I haven't had a single problem like that with the Zmax...

Vmax seemed over sensetive to shorts.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I've been asking myself that same question. Been looking at a provari but man that's a lot of money. I really do like the idea of setting the wattage and leaving it instead of having to figure volts/ohms. And it's way more in my budget. Then I could get a couple of tanks to try out also. Guess ill look for some reviews on one when I get to work. My vmax is only a few weeks old but I sure do like it. Wish they came in black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread