Do I Have an Allergy to E Liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slgshane

May 19, 2013
Idaho
I started vaping almost a year to the day. For the first month I continued analogs and then quit them altogether. So I'm almost a year off my last real cigarette. Everything was fine for the first 10 months. At first I tried all kinds of fluids, but eventually I settled on Pink Spot's Swagger and that's all I use. I started at 24MG, but I've weaned myself down to 6MG for the past six months now.

The last month or so I've been having crazy allergies. I used to have allergies to pollen when I lived on the east coast, but I've been in Cali now for 14 years and haven't had to take allergy medicine since. Now this month my head is CRAZY congested to the point where I snore so bad my wife is about to murder me. I feel a little better when I first wake up, but within an hour or two it's so bad I can't even really breathe through my nose at all. No chest congestion whatsoever and I'm not sick. I feel fine other than the congestion and what I'm blowing out is clear.

I vape A LOT. I go through a 120ml bottle of Swagger a month (and a TON of coils), but I've been vaping at this rate ever since I began. Now, just in the last month I'm having these symptoms. Any idea what it might be? I've been taking Allegra and it makes me feel MUCH better so it sure looks like an allergy to me. I would have posted this in the health thread, but since this forum has stupid newbie rules this is the only place I can post. Thanks!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
You said that you "used to have allergies to pollen when I lived on the east coast". Likely lost the spring allergies when you moved because there were different pollen. After enough time being exposed to the "new" pollen, the allergies have reemerged.

I'm an east coast pollen sufferer, and have noticed going to any other region will "cure" my allergies. Alas it's not a long term fix.

slgshane

May 19, 2013
Idaho
You said that you "used to have allergies to pollen when I lived on the east coast". Likely lost the spring allergies when you moved because there were different pollen. After enough time being exposed to the "new" pollen, the allergies have reemerged.

I'm an east coast pollen sufferer, and have noticed going to any other region will "cure" my allergies. Alas it's not a long term fix.

I think I would agree with you if it had been like five years, but 14 years later? I don't think that theory holds weight.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Welcome to ECF slgshane and congratulation on quitting smoking! I'm guessing you have good old fashioned hay fever. I'm in California too and rarely have a pollen problem here but this year has been a doozie. Same with a neighbor across the street. Haven't had anything like this in well over ten years. Don't be too quick to change what's working for you. Do you know anyone else with hay fever you can compare note with?

There have been a number of large fires in the LA area. You should have a slew of new vegetation growing there plus they love to aerial seed with rye grass to stabilize hillsides. Rye grass has one of the worst pollens for hay fever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread