Do all 510 models have "airy" draws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started vaping about a year ago with a greensmoke clone(e9) I chose the greensmoke because of the cartomizers and to be honest I didn't know any better. Then about 6 months ago i saw 7-11 selling the njoy NPro I figured 20 bucks for an express kit ,why not give it a shot (the draw on greensmoke was way too stiff for me) well the battery life was horrible and have you ever tasted the tobacco carto's that come with the Njoy....Yuck, like ... dipped in tea, but the draw was good and the vapor production was pretty good. Then I found this place, ECF, and found out that the npro was a 4081 and I could buy blanks from various retailers....woo hoo what a find! I filled my blank carto's with my own juices and i was in vaping heaven except the battery life still was poor. Now I am the proud owner of a KGO but the draw is just too airy the battery life is excellent but i just can't get that vapor that the 4081 produced. So is it a learning curve thingy? do i have to just get used to it? Or will an adapter to use 4081 carto's solve my problem? has anyone had any experience with 4081 cartos on KGO/EGO/Riva batts?...thanks.

JimmyG

Jun 25, 2011
GA low country
I actually prefer a more "airy" draw, if that means it's easier to draw more...
I started off with an automatic carto cig style (21st Century Smoke) that had a real stiff draw and needed several puffs to get the vape going...Once I discovered 510 cartos and a manual battery it was like Hey! this is much better! Once I discovered to put a drip tip on the 510 carto, it was like Way Better, way easy to draw a good cloud of vapor...
I'm still using the slim 510 batteries to carry in my shirt pocket (have 3) even tho the batt life is not long...will likely get an ego batt next...

Still have the 21st Century Smoke autos as backups, sure would like to find out what adapter will fit those batteries soes I can fit those with 510 cartos...

If anyone knows, please holler...I've tried the search function here without success on brand cross matches...

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
You didn't state what you're using with your KGO but that will probably have the most effect on the draw. I don't necessarily think more airy is going to give you less vapor production if that's what your aiming at, again that will have more to do with the what your using and the ohm rating. I use Boge cartos quite often and they are considered to have an airy draw and give plumes of vapor, if you go with the 2 or 2.5 ohm on a 3.7v or under battery. You could try and adapter and mise well since you've got some ordered but I would just try different cartos, etc on the 510 connection first staying at around lower 2 ohm area or slightly lower.

yeah, I'm sorry i should have mentioned earlier that i am using the standard 510 cartomizer 3 ohm+/- 0.2 I also ordered lr 2.0 ohm cartos. And I in no way am being compensated for this but the battery life on this kgo i got from hoosier e-cig supply flat out rocks. I am not a light vaper and been using it for 10 hours of heavy to moderate use and still going strong. just my $0.02

luvinitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
illinois
thanks, that was quick, I actually ordered 2 adapters from liberty-flights this am. I am just unsure if it is going to sort out the airyness or if i should try some lr cartos for more vapor.

I would definately try the Boge Lr cartos ...I can't stand airy draws either. I usually get mine from IVape,they are awsome.

when it comes to lr carto's there seem to be many options i already ordered 2 ohm carto's but i see the dual coils at 1.5 and 1.25 ohms the dual coils are more money but i guess you get what you pay for. On a side note i am overwhelmed by all the help and how nice everyone here has been.thank you all for sorting out the noob and welcoming me to the forum.Vape On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread