Do 6v devices significantly enhance your flavors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I've been using 3.7 volt devices since I started this journey 3 months ago, one thing I've noticed it the lack of flavor in the various juices I've tried.

I've used both cartomizers and atomizers, LR, standard and some mega dual coil cartos, the atomizers seem to produce the most flavor, however, I hate dripping and the frequency in which you have to do it.

I received Lil Mama tank from Big Daddy today, it works well, but again, not much flavor.

I'm aware the throat hit is greatly increased with higher voltage, the question is...will juice flavor be enhanced as well.

I'm considering the Puresmoker Prodigy V3.1 or the SuperT PrecisePlus with the cart/tank setup.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
IMO I think 6v is the best way to taste burnt juice. I use a VV device so I never need to turn it that high to hit the sweet spot. I rarely go past 5.2v. I think the only way to get the best flavor of a juice w/ any atty or carto is to use a VV pv. I'm a pretty broke college student, so I went with a Foxy Box Mod. I love it! If I had an income I'd get the Provari.

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
+1 on the vv mods. If you go from 3.7v to 6v, you're looking at having to replace all your atties and cartos. Anything that produces even a little vapor at 3.7v is probably gonna tast burnt, if not just burn out, at 6v.

You can get a vv box mod from madvapes for ~$40 or so. i-pro kit from notcigs for $110. buzz pro for $130, or for about the same price that you're looking at for a super-t, a provari.

:D

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
I do notice flavor difference at higher voltage. For instance my carmel apple. Ay lower voltage the caramel is much more noticed. But higher voltage the apple in the mix stands out. The ability to vary my voltage allows me to pick the perfect spot for each juice. 6v isnt used much by me l. So id say look into a variable device.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I've noticed that some flavors shine at 5-6V, some burn, some wither away to nothing (but vapor)
Mostly fruit will fade. (In my experience. YMMV)
Sweets (like my diy cookie) seem to shine a 6v.
Tobacco takes on a whole new meaning and life of its own at 6v.
Hubby loves red hot cinnamon at 6v.

I keep mostly around 4.5 - 5v on my vv box for my favorites.

Having said that. I have found, that for me, cartos will mute flavor and I get the best TASTE from dripping on atties.

nqabassist26

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
SoCal
6v hasn't really done it for me so far in terms of flavor. I run my VV at around 5v and like it much better.

I also agree with Princessdee to an extent, I feel like non fruit flavors do better at higher voltages than fruitty ones.

Get a VV like everyone else mentioned, it makes all your juices find their sweet spot easily!

dfs405

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
amherst new york
I use a reo grand at 6v with a high resistance atty and love it, but you have to like throat hit or forget it. I find the flavor to be just fine and not burnt at all, infact I like it the best when the batteries are full charge. I also sometimes add some menthol juice not straight up but I mix a few drops in other flavors to give a little extra throat hit and that seems to work well. Been vaping for 23 months now so some trial and error should be expected if your just starting out.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Another VV fan, I tend to be somewhere in the 4 - 5.2V range, depends on the resistance and eliquid, sometimes for a "treat" I'll kick a straight tobacco up to 5.5.

I use the notcigs VVs, IPro is the best price point right now, same performance as a Buzz Pro in a longer, but slimmer, package. 15W max power lets you go several watts higher than the Provari, if you are interested in testing things at higher power.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Thanks for the feedback vapers...I'm going to try the gradual approach where voltage is concerned.
I've ordered the K-Go kit, mainly for the batteries and their better voltage output, all the reviews give them high praise for enhancing vapor and flavor when using pretty much anything on them, carto's, attie's and even the Ego tanks...we'll see.

I'm almost 3 months into this vaping thing, and being a gadget guy I'm pretty sure they'll be a mod or 2 in my future, actually waiting to see what the the new PureSmoker V3.1 replacement is gonna look like, I think they have something pretty cool close to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread