DNA 12 question - might have broken it, not sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geiseric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Duluth, MN
So, I had a dna 12 bottom feeder I made a while back, worked great for a while. Due to a design flaw on my part, the drip cup leaked back into the potentiometer, and it got a little eliquid in it. It continued to fire, but at max output. I took it apart, saw what was going on, replaced the potentiometer. Nothing changed. No error light, still firing, but on max. Checked everything, no liquid elsewhere. Checked all my solder points, re-soldered them just in case. No change. Checked to verify that there was no break in a wire, nothing. Did I cause some kind of short on the chip? Bleah, I do not want to buy another, this would be the second dna12 that I have destroyed..

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I'd guess you burned the circuit somewhere with the re-soldering. I have a DNA bottomfeeder, too. I made sure to put all the circuit components (pot, switc,h, usb)on the opposite side of the box from the juice system. I feared something like this could happen. Luckily, on the rare occaision I've over-squeezed, it's gone down the side of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread